Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I guess it's already been asked a couple of dozen times by now... so now it's my turn :p
how do you tell your AE system to keep a certain number of items in the system?
I've been using level emitters, ME interfaces, export and import busses, but each time when I do this, the AE system keep taking out the items from the output, puts them back into the system, and puts them back in the output
example, if I told the system to keep 24 invar in the system through a ME interface, it'd make about 4 or 5 invar, puts them in the interface, then takes them out of the interface and back into the interface
The best ae-only system for keeping a set number of items supplied is a supplier subnetowrk, but I've found it's almost always easier to hand off the supplying duties to some other mod like logistics pipes or extra utilities.

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make liquid pipes (BC) or Fluiducts (IE) distribute liquid evenly if there is one input and multiple outputs?

My problem is, I have a BioReactor connected to 5 BioFuel Generators (both from Minefactory Reloaded) and one of the generators is always preferred when distributing the bio fuel.
If I activate the flow coming from a filled buffer, the liquid is distributed evenly at first. But consecutive liquid flow is then always pumped into only one generator and the others are slowly starving.
The Shape is like this (seen from above):
Code:
G  G  G  G  G
|  |  |  |  |
-------------
      |
    Tank
      |
BioReactor
G = Generator that accepts bio fuel

Last edited:

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you can right-click a fluiduct set to output with a crescent hammer to set it to "round robin" mode. This should do what you are looking for.

The above is incorrect. I believe to get the even distribution you are looking for, you will need to hook all of the generators to the same pipe or duct.

Last edited:

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
They are on the same duct.
Here is my test setup.
ductsveucd.jpg

But the distribution gets always uneven after the first portion of bio fuel has reached the generators.
One of them is always filling its internal bio fuel reservoir (in the above setup the leftmost one)
and the other ones are running out of fuel after the initial portion has been transmuted.
BC liquid pipes have the same problem here.
However, I've also used liquid pipes for 5 combustion engines in another part of my power plant and there it works good.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
I mean literally connected to the same 1-block fluiduct, not on the same fluiduct pipeline.

If you are running out of fuel in any of the generators, then you don't have enough fuel production to keep them all going. If you had enough, once one was topped off it would start filling the next, and so on until they were all full. If you manage to get it to distribute the fuel evenly, you will end up with the same average power over time. Instead of a couple generators burning always and the others not getting fuel, you'll have the entire set up run little bits at a time with starts and stops as they all run out of fuel.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The best ae-only system for keeping a set number of items supplied is a supplier subnetowrk, but I've found it's almost always easier to hand off the supplying duties to some other mod like logistics pipes or extra utilities.

I'd probably have used LP aswell, but I'm on an Agrarian Skies world right now, which doesn't have LP

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
How much lava does a Magmatic Dynamo use per tick?
By default config, Lava is worth 180,000 RF per bucket. Magmatic Dynamo generates 80 RF per tick, burning exactly enough fuel to do so. If you are using all of it's power, it will use .444 millibuckets of lava per tick. Alternatively, one bucket of lava will last 37.5 seconds.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
How to prevent squids from despawning?
I used the safari net to place them, but they still despawn as soon as I walk a couple of blocks away from them.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
How many modpacks can one person create?
And would it be okay to create a modpack with only map creation mods?[DOUBLEPOST=1396732538][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry to post in the wrong section but where can I find this texture and how could I possibly fix it.
Crash report extract: "at net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock.func_94901_k(ItemBlock.java:42)"

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Do the classic 'mob drop traps' still work these days? Been so long sense I messed with them. I've tried to do some look ups but all I keep finding are beta videos.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
How high does a drop trap need to be to kill all mobs? (not after exp)
If you want to kill endermen, I believe it takes 43 blocks. Most other things take 23. Spiders are a little less (19?), but you might as well add a few extra blocks and let your farm handle zombies, skeletons, and creepers as well.