Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If I set a dsu with a storage bus set to cobble with a priority 10 and all my drives are priority 8 all my cobble will be stored in the dsu, right?
---------------
How can I use a ae subnetwork to keep say, 32 saplings, 64 seeds and 16 potatoes in a mfr planter?
---------------
Do depleted fuel rods in a thermal centrifuge always yield the same amount of iron put in? Will i always get 3 iron dust from duel rods, and always get 1 iron dust from normal rods?
Thanks!

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
1. Yes as long as there is no cobble on any of your priority 8 drives it should all go to to the DSU. Items will always go to the highest available priority drive UNLESS there is items of the same kind already stored somewhere.

2. Is there any particular reason why you don't just let the planter be filled with a Export bus? It is not like its a fortune you are investing. If it is a matter of avoiding it using up the last of a stack and putting something else in that place, the planter has an option to "consume stack". Turn that off and it will leave the last item in each stack as a placeholder.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What is the best setup for electrical engines if you have 10 ultimate hybrid solar panels you could use for power? I've looked, and some posts say to use two bronze tubes and one tin, but isn't that still a 3.5:1 ratio? Should I just fill it with iron tubes, or what? (I plan on using the advanced circuit boards) Of course, I don't plan to connect my ultimate solar panel array to two inter-dimensional storage unit since it is always day in that realm.

I currently have a 17x21 sqaure room, making (21x9) electric engines, in rows of 21 with one space in between and facing down to a floor or red-stone conducts. The rows in between are lined with powered red alloy wire to power all the engines.

(I am using the Mindcrack Pack)
Ehm that kinda depends on what you want out of modifying the engines, don't it? Some tubes makes the engines more efficient while other make them less efficient but produce more power per engine.
http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Electrical_Engine
If space is a key factor, then Tin and bronze might be a good idea yeah. But if efficiency is what you are after, then Iron is the best choice.

qsmithy

Jul 29, 2019
Ehm that kinda depends on what you want out of modifying the engines, don't it? Some tubes makes the engines more efficient while other make them less efficient but produce more power per engine.
http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Electrical_Engine
If space is a key factor, then Tin and bronze might be a good idea yeah. But if efficiency is what you are after, then Iron is the best choice.

I want to make the most amount of power possible, since I can't change the space horizontally or vertically (upwards). Would 10mj/t for each engine be best, or would 8? If each produce 10eu/t, then 10*(21*9) = 1890eu/t to keep them all going, which is about 3.69 or 4 ultimate hybrid solar panels.

Also, what about overheating? Do heat vents still work for them?

Ragnoff

Mar 25, 2013
Hello, I am playing on a public Direwolf20 server have a question about strong boxes and ME storage systems. We would like to send a strong boxes unrestricted, without will prevent anybody from opening them. We're using strong boxes rather than chests because there are some items that can destroy chests, but apparently not strong boxes.

Problem is when a strong boxes set to restricted, it seems that the ME storage bus to no longer see into the chest to take items out, haven't tested whether he can put items in. Is there a way to "friend" the ME system or is this just not a viable way to defend myself on this server?

One of my partners like the ME system, the other prefers to have things in chests, we were trying to use this as a way to keep both happy.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Agrarian Skies and i've gotten to the quest that tells me how to get Thaumcraft Shards by hitting 7 types of blocks. Been at this for about ten minutes and i've got nothing. Do i just stand there and left click over and over, or do i need to break the block?

The book uses the word hit, but i don't know.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Agrarian Skies and i've gotten to the quest that tells me how to get Thaumcraft Shards by hitting 7 types of blocks. Been at this for about ten minutes and i've got nothing. Do i just stand there and left click over and over, or do i need to break the block?

You need to break them

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

As others have stated, use a Hammer, and don't stop until the block breaks. Ideally use a hammer with fortune, but early game Ex Aquilio and Skyblock makes getting a enchanting table setup not as quick or easy, or hell, occasionally not even possible. Unless you're a clever one and know how to enchant without getting a enchanting table(which is totally possible in that pack).

I assume you mean the 6 kinds of blocks you need to hit. There are only 6 kinds of TC shards, so one of those is either a red herring or a modpack specific object.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
You need to break them
@darkeshrine Break them with a hammer. I suggest a fortune 3 hammer as otherwise they are kinda rare.
As others have stated, use a Hammer, and don't stop until the block breaks. Ideally use a hammer with fortune, but early game Ex Aquilio and Skyblock makes getting a enchanting table setup not as quick or easy, or hell, occasionally not even possible. Unless you're a clever one and know how to enchant without getting a enchanting table(which is totally possible in that pack).

I assume you mean the 6 kinds of blocks you need to hit. There are only 6 kinds of TC shards, so one of those is either a red herring or a modpack specific object.

Lesson learned: The book lies.

As far as the hammer goes, one of the quests i did a short time ago gave a diamond hammer with fortune III as the reward.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Really? I thought the quest was pretty straight forward. It's intended to be a tutorial for the mod pack mechanics. I mean, the rewards lie and occasionally try to kill you, but the quest itself should be clear.

The wording just bothers me. The difference between "hitting" a block and "breaking" a block is kind of like the difference between hitting a chicken and killing a chicken. It just bothers me.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Lesson learned: @Jadedcat lies.
FTFY

...Or rather, your reading comprehension is a bit lacking. Or maybe just fine, but you lack understanding of what you're doing. I mean, really, when has anything in Minecraft been done by punching a block but not attempting to break it?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
FTFY

...Or rather, your reading comprehension is a bit lacking. Or maybe just fine, but you lack understanding of what you're doing. I mean, really, when has anything in Minecraft been done by punching a block but not attempting to break it?
Harvesting IC2 crops for their seeds, for one.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
FTFY

Remember the old days, back in minecraft 1.2.5, where you would punch a button or lever to trigger them?

Reactions: Padfoote

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Remember the old days, back in minecraft 1.2.5, where you would punch a button or lever to trigger them?
Can't forget TNT.

You can, as long as they didn't change it, punch a TC brain in a jar for exp.
There's also Barrels that you punch for a stack of stuff.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I guess it's already been asked a couple of dozen times by now... so now it's my turn :p
how do you tell your AE system to keep a certain number of items in the system?
I've been using level emitters, ME interfaces, export and import busses, but each time when I do this, the AE system keep taking out the items from the output, puts them back into the system, and puts them back in the output
example, if I told the system to keep 24 invar in the system through a ME interface, it'd make about 4 or 5 invar, puts them in the interface, then takes them out of the interface and back into the interface

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I guess it's already been asked a couple of dozen times by now... so now it's my turn :p
how do you tell your AE system to keep a certain number of items in the system?
I've been using level emitters, ME interfaces, export and import busses, but each time when I do this, the AE system keep taking out the items from the output, puts them back into the system, and puts them back in the output
example, if I told the system to keep 24 invar in the system through a ME interface, it'd make about 4 or 5 invar, puts them in the interface, then takes them out of the interface and back into the interface
Set your Export Bus to the "Craft Only" mode. If it's set to "Single Items or Craft", it'll do exactly what you observe- make a few, and cycle them endlessly.

Reactions: Yusunoha