Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Got ProjectRed so emeralds spawn quite frequently. And you know, Fortune enchanted quarries :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't even realize you could substitute those.

That being said, I've got maybe a few hundred of those and over 2k diamonds =P I prefer Silk Touch on my quarries for a variety of reasons, Cinnabar not the least, but I still ended up with far more diamond than emerald.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't even realize you could substitute those.

That being said, I've got maybe a few hundred of those and over 2k diamonds =P I prefer Silk Touch on my quarries for a variety of reasons, Cinnabar not the least, but I still ended up with far more diamond than emerald.

I think it's ProjectRed, could be emashers resources. They drop as vanilla emeralds mind. I used emeralds as I have very little use for them. Made a power suit tinker table thingy with one, think that's about it :D

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
How do chickens work? Can they only lay a certain amount of eggs per block? I have around 100 chickens in 1 block and it seems kinda slow for egg production.

Also, what other things can you plant? wheat/cotton/enderlily/potatos/sugar cane/netherwart... Anything else I am forgetting?

Oh and can the lamp of fertility ... Uhh, "Fertilize" villagers?

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
*something about chickens that I can't answer *Oh and can the lamp of fertility ... Uhh, "Fertilize" villagers?

Hahaha! Just had a picture of you spraying innocent villagers and then nodding at a bed very suggestively. Then watching through the window through the night :D

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Chickens produce an egg every five to ten minutes. With a hundredish, you can likely expect close to 128 every ten minutes.

Depends on mods installed. Pam's Harvestcraft adds dozens of new crops and trees. Magical Crops allows you to grow EVERYTHING in plant form. Diamonds, Redstone, leather, feathers, dyes, ghast tears, you name it.

I'll try it the lamp later today and report back.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there a way of converting Geostrata Basalt into Project Red basalt in Monster? Or some other way of achieving Project Red basalt?
Chisel works for the marble, but not the basalt. The mariculture Autodictionary thingy doesn't work either since the Geostrata basalt is technically considered stone and not basalt.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way of converting Geostrata Basalt into Project Red basalt in Monster? Or some other way of achieving Project Red basalt?
Chisel works for the marble, but not the basalt. The mariculture Autodictionary thingy doesn't work either since the Geostrata basalt is technically considered stone and not basalt.
Short of binning the Geostrata stuff and cheating in the Project Red stuff, nope. You could request it of the Chisel author maybe?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Can third-party-modpack creators create a license for their modpack, ie. "Do not copy the name, or create a replica or near replica!"?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Can third-party-modpack creators create a license for their modpack, ie. "Do not copy the name, or create a replica or near replica!"?
I don't believe so. I mean, nothing is STOPPING them from saying that, but it has pretty much zero enforceability.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: RealSketch

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
I can't imagine a modpack having any real grounds for copyright, which is what a license is built upon. Maybe you could argue that this exact combination of configuration settings would count? You could definitely copyright something like the quests from Agrarian Skies, or even all the extra Minetweaker recipes. You can also get the rights to a name pretty easily, such as Feed the Beast. If you want to set yourself apart as providing an 'official' version of a certain modpack, your best bet would be to own the rights to a certain piece of art, be it splash screen or texture pack or music file or something, and distribute that item with all 'official' versions of the pack.

However, I'm pretty sure we've gone well past the scope of this thread. This is really meant for in-game mechanics, not real-world legal issues.

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
I've a problem with Applied Energistics.
I have a Molecular Assembly Chamber with patterns for crafting red rose and yellow dandelion into dyes.
And I've an AE Interface connected to a BioReactor (MinefactoryReloaded) and configured yellow and red dye in the ME interface in the "Export config" slots.
Now the problem is, the Interface does not trigger autocrafting of dyes if there are no more in stock. (even if I have a ton of red and yellow flowers in my AE system)
But it's configured so that it should autocraft.
What's wrong here?

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Use a precision export bus instead set to always craft an point it at the bioreactor

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang if it it's a true game changer

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've a problem with Applied Energistics.
I have a Molecular Assembly Chamber with patterns for crafting red rose and yellow dandelion into dyes.
And I've an AE Interface connected to a BioReactor (MinefactoryReloaded) and configured yellow and red dye in the ME interface in the "Export config" slots.
Now the problem is, the Interface does not trigger autocrafting of dyes if there are no more in stock. (even if I have a ton of red and yellow flowers in my AE system)
But it's configured so that it should autocraft.
What's wrong here?
Yeah the ME interface set to keep certain items in stock will keep those items in stock in itself like it was a chest. You could then pipe the items out or pull them out by means that would otherwise work on other inventories.

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
If I set a dsu with a storage bus set to cobble with a priority 10 and all my drives are priority 8 all my cobble will be stored in the dsu, right?
---------------
How can I use a ae subnetwork to keep say, 32 saplings, 64 seeds and 16 potatoes in a mfr planter?
---------------
Do depleted fuel rods in a thermal centrifuge always yield the same amount of iron put in? Will i always get 3 iron dust from duel rods, and always get 1 iron dust from normal rods?
Thanks!

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
If I set a dsu with a storage bus set to cobble with a priority 10 and all my drives are priority 8 all my cobble will be stored in the dsu, right?
---------------
How can I use a ae subnetwork to keep say, 32 saplings, 64 seeds and 16 potatoes in a mfr planter?
---------------
Do depleted fuel rods in a thermal centrifuge always yield the same amount of iron put in? Will i always get 3 iron dust from duel rods, and always get 1 iron dust from normal rods?
Thanks!

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Yes | Don't know | No idea :p

qsmithy

Jul 29, 2019
What is the (upgrade) best setup for electrical engines if you have 10 ultimate hybrid solar panels you could use for power? I've looked, and some posts say to use two bronze tubes and one tin, but isn't that still a 3.5:1 ratio? Should I just fill it with iron tubes, or what? (I plan on using the advanced circuit boards). I plan to connect my ultimate solar panel array to two inter-dimensional storage units since it is always day where the panels are.

I currently have a 17x21 sqaure room, making (21x9) electric engines, in rows of 21 with one space in between and facing down to a floor of red-stone conducts. The rows in between are lined with powered red alloy wire to power all the engines.

(I am using the Mindcrack Pack)

Last edited: