Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a faster furnace that still takes RF besides the one from TE?
Mods not inside any FTB mod packs?
Mekanism's Energised Smelter in an Elite Factory with full speed and energy upgrade.
Within FTB mod packs?
No idea.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Mods not inside any FTB mod packs?
Mekanism's Energised Smelter in an Elite Factory with full speed and energy upgrade.
Within FTB mod packs?
No idea.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Any idea on the power requirements of that? Sounds like a reasonable replacement to fully upgraded IC2 machinery (playing RR and IC2 has been removed :O)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Any idea on the power requirements of that? Sounds like a reasonable replacement to fully upgraded IC2 machinery (playing RR and IC2 has been removed :O)

Not quite as fast per action as a fully overclocked IC2 machine BUT it has 9 slots instead of 1.

I haven't used Mekanism/UE stuff outside of voltz but at a guess the power needs are a tiny fraction of what you need to keep IC2 machines with unholy amounts of overclockers fed.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite as fast per action as a fully overclocked IC2 machine BUT it has 9 slots instead of 1.

I haven't used Mekanism/UE stuff outside of voltz but at a guess the power needs are a tiny fraction of what you need to keep IC2 machines with unholy amounts of overclockers fed.

Thanks for the reply. Powering my old setup was a bit of a pain

DEL 707

Jul 29, 2019
How do you stop farmland from drying out.

Be messing around with Thaumcraft, so got a little garden being tended to by a harvester and a gatherer golem. But some tiles keep reverting back to dirt, so the harvester can't replant.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
May I kindly ask that my questions a near the top of the page please be answered.
I'm sorry for having to post this message but It will just remain unanswered unless I did this. ;)

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
May I kindly ask that my questions a near the top of the page please be answered.
I'm sorry for having to post this message but It will just remain unanswered unless I did this. ;)
You probably won't get the answers you are looking for here. Your questions are beyond the scope of this thread. This thread is for help with in-game mechanics. If you need assistance with installation, crashes, pack creation, and other technical issues, there is section of the website dedicated to technical support. Here's a link to help you find your way: http://support.feed-the-beast.com/questions/?sort=mostvoted

As far as making your own mod packs, you're better off asking in the third party mod packs forum. There are a lot of details available in the stickies, including the answer to some of your questions. Here is a link:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/other-third-party-modpacks.48/

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

Theotargon

Jul 29, 2019
In Horizons how do I make a Carmot pickaxe (Metallurgy) without it being the Tinkers construct version?

I see a tinkers and a metallurgy version in NEI but the metallurgy one has no recipe available, why is this?

The Metallurgy tools look like they have really nice appearance...

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
No. Your questions are beyond the scope of this thread. This thread is for help with in-game mechanics. If you need assistance with installation, crashes, pack creation, and other technical issues, there is an entire form dedicated to tech support.
I don't think you read all the questions, maybe you just read the last sentence eagerly wanting to own someone in one of you "clever" ways.
I won't be continuing discussing with you as your only going continue the fight your have started.
Your corrections for today:
-Spell "Forum" correctly. (Check?)
-Learn to be nice. (Maybe soon?)
-Make me and you allies rather than enemies (I'm willing to)

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know, PurpleMentat has a point. Crash reports are better dealt with elsewhere. And how many modpacks can someone create? What do you mean?

Reactions: RealSketch

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you read all the questions, maybe you just read the last sentence eagerly wanting to own someone in one of you "clever" ways.
I won't be continuing discussing with you as your only going continue the fight your have started.
Your corrections for today:
-Spell "Forum" correctly. (Check?)
-Learn to be nice. (Maybe soon?)
-Make me and you allies rather than enemies (I'm willing to)
Okay, I'll play this game. Implemented your suggested corrections.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
In Horizons how do I make a Carmot pickaxe (Metallurgy) without it being the Tinkers construct version?

I see a tinkers and a metallurgy version in NEI but the metallurgy one has no recipe available, why is this?

The Metallurgy tools look like they have really nice appearance...

It seems the metallurgy recipes are disabled.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
How many modpacks can one person create?
And would it be okay to create a modpack with only map creation mods?
You can create hundreds of MultiMC or ATLauncher instances before running into problems, and probably much more than that. Even private packs on the FTB Launcher require a pretty serious level of time commitment to have recognized, though. And while there are a few smaller public modpacks on the launcher, there's still a very high level of support required to reach that level.
Sorry to post in the wrong section but where can I find this texture and how could I possibly fix it.
Crash report extract: "at net.minecraft.item.ItemBlock.func_94901_k(ItemBlock.java:42)"
We'll need much more of the log file than that to diagnose the issue. This error can be produced by bad config settings, an ID Conflict, or certain mod interactions.

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
You can create hundreds of MultiMC or ATLauncher instances before running into problems, and probably much more than that. Even private packs on the FTB Launcher require a pretty serious level of time commitment to have recognized, though. And while there are a few smaller public modpacks on the launcher, there's still a very high level of support required to reach that level.

We'll need much more of the log file than that to diagnose the issue. This error can be produced by bad config settings, an ID Conflict, or certain mod interactions.
Problem 2 solved, thanks though! :)
Turns out Forbidden Magic isn't friends with MFR.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.. I'm running into a wee bit of a snag.
Using DW20 pack with Mekanism replacing ID2, and factorization removed (just never really mess with it), what forms of 'bat box's' are there to store power?
And what would be a good way to send power over a longer distance so I can keep power centralized and still run it to where it needs to be.