Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
my son wanted to play on monster with me, so i copied my single player map over to a server. All was fine at start, but now only Lycanites mobs are spawing and only a few maybe 1 a night. Only thing he did was turn off mobGriefing. I check and server is on mode 0 and hard. What could be causing this.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Hmm.. I'm running into a wee bit of a snag.
Using DW20 pack with Mekanism replacing ID2, and factorization removed (just never really mess with it), what forms of 'bat box's' are there to store power?
And what would be a good way to send power over a longer distance so I can keep power centralized and still run it to where it needs to be.
Mekanism has universal cable that is great for centralized power systems

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Mekanism has universal cable that is great for centralized power systems
Also, although I'm not familiar with Mekanism, I don't know anything that beats Thermal Expansion Tesseracts for long-distance transfer. They only work with Redstone Flux, although I wouldn't be surprised if Mekanism can convert its power to and from RF.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism works with it's own power, Joules. As well as, BuildCraft's MJ, Thermal Expansion 3's RF and Industrialcraft2's EU. I might be mistaken about IC2's EU support.

Ender IO also has it's own form of tesseract for energy and liquid teleportation, I'm not too sure about item teleportation though.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Regardless, I was wondering if there was a faster furnace than the TE one? In the DW20 pack, or a way to convert RF/MJ to EU?
For a fast furnace, I'm trying to use a regular stone furnace and the Friction Heater from Rotarycraft. A Magnetostatic Engine should power it just fine, although I haven't tested it.

I've been running into trouble with the furnace overheating and blowing up, haven't solved that yet.

As for converting RF to EU, there's always the old cobblegen -> Magma Crucible -> Geothermal Generator trick. It's slow and inefficient, but I don't know of anything better other than Power Converters.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything in the DW20 pack that I might have in my base that causes lag? I am for some reason getting unholy amounts of lag. (10fps where as near my mob farm I get 70+)

Bradley1928

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for a little help with the latest Unleashed build. For some reason the IC2 was downgraded to a version where quantum body doesn't have a jetpack. On my server how would I go about updating IC2 to actually have a jetpack part without breaking the universe?

Although its weird as I haven't found anyone really complain about this and I'm curious if its just a me problem? Side note, the crafting of the quantum had a Adv Alloy bottom middle rather than a jetpack.

I don't really want to have to go straight for a GraviChest because I actually prefer the jetpack flight. Thanks!

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Also about bees. If they stack in an AE network, are they stackable in general? Like can I use them for automating a bee farm without worrying about sorting the bees?

mko

Jul 29, 2019
How can I use metallurgic infuser with AE crafting?
I tried using an ME Interface but it only pumped iron ingot (i'm trying to craft enriched alloys)

KurShedir

Jul 29, 2019
I want to play with Mariculture, let's say early game. I mean, after some mining, a bit of basic processing and a trip to the Nether. Ingame guides are good but I still don't know what to do first. Any suggestions? What are the basic steps? What is good for early game? What are the main goals? I've seen a few videos but there's so much stuff and now I'm also a bit confused about the mod versions and changes.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
How can I use metallurgic infuser with AE crafting?
I tried using an ME Interface but it only pumped iron ingot (i'm trying to craft enriched alloys)

Easiest way I've found is an export bus keeping it full of red stone, then the interface just putting in iron. AE struggles with two simultaneous items making one, ie, enriched alloys or Invar in the induction smelter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
my son wanted to play on monster with me, so i copied my single player map over to a server. All was fine at start, but now only Lycanites mobs are spawing and only a few maybe 1 a night. Only thing he did was turn off mobGriefing. I check and server is on mode 0 and hard. What could be causing this.

Are you using MCPC+? I think that's what it's called. I used to have it on a Resonant Rise server and had lots of mob spawning and chunk loading problems

mko

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way I've found is an export bus keeping it full of red stone, then the interface just putting in iron. AE struggles with two simultaneous items making one, ie, enriched alloys or Invar in the induction smelter

Hmm I actually thought of that but i don't have that much of redstone.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I actually thought of that but i don't have that much of redstone.

Another slightly more messy way, is to have AE dump both iron and redstone into a chest (via interface) and use itemducts or logi pipes to pull them out and put them in the correct sides.

mko

Jul 29, 2019
Another slightly more messy way, is to have AE dump both iron and redstone into a chest (via interface) and use itemducts or logi pipes to pull them out and put them in the correct sides.

which brings me, how do you tell color of mekanism machines?

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
which brings me, how do you tell color of mekanism machines?

With an unholy level of difficulty. I put two hoppers on mine filled with items then fiddled with the colours till the items appeared where I wanted them to. Time consuming but I don't really use a lot of Mek machinery so

Edit: spelt colours without the 'u'. Someone revoke my citizenship :(

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
With an unholy level of difficulty. I put two hoppers on mine filled with items then fiddled with the colours till the items appeared where I wanted them to. Time consuming but I don't really use a lot of Mek machinery so

Edit: spelt colours without the 'u'. Someone revoke my citizenship :(
Citizenship duly revoked.

Because I have that power.