Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I'll go clear out my desk and hope Canada will take me lol
Dude. We'll take anyone.

Ok, we'd better stop derailing this now =P

Um, quick, distract them while I re-ask an old question that never got answered: is there any way to configure the Rotarycraft Liquid Spiller to dump one bucket at a time, rather than every bucket of liquid it holds into the same block (thus destroying all but one)?

Reactions: RealSketch

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Dude. We'll take anyone.

Ok, we'd better stop derailing this now =P

Um, quick, distract them while I re-ask an old question that never got answered: is there any way to configure the Rotarycraft Liquid Spiller to dump one bucket at a time, rather than every bucket of liquid it holds into the same block (thus destroying all but one)?

Doesn't the BC floodgate do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I made a couple alvearies with six frame housings each - I stuck a couple of pristine princesses (one Cultivated, one Mysterious) into them and ran them through the breeding cycle 8-10 times (not automated - I just moved them by hand). I was using either impregnated, magic, proven or reinforced frames depending on what I had.

At some point those two princesses became ignoble stock. What did I do wrong and how can I prevent that from happening again?

fishille

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to give it a shot, I don't work with BC much these days.

I'm interested in this as well looking for an efficient way to fill a self made lake of fluids in FTB monster 1.1.0 I can't seem to find anyway of draining fluids effectively. Will the build craft floodgate do that?

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
I'm interested in this as well looking for an efficient way to fill a self made lake of fluids in FTB monster 1.1.0 I can't seem to find anyway of draining fluids effectively. Will the build craft floodgate do that?
The Flood Gate will place fluids pumped into it, one bucket at a time, into any empty space connected to it. You can fill a pool pretty easily. I use it for placing liquid essence under an Ars Magic Nexus. It sounds like you're also looking for a way to remove fluids? The OpenBlocks Sponge will be your friend there.

fishille

Jul 29, 2019
The Flood Gate will place fluids pumped into it, one bucket at a time, into any empty space connected to it. You can fill a pool pretty easily. I use it for placing liquid essence under an Ars Magic Nexus. It sounds like you're also looking for a way to remove fluids? The OpenBlocks Sponge will be your friend there.
Very much thanks. Just wanted to confirm that it works. Just using vanilla water and lava so I trust BC will be compatible. I have nether lava pumping facility up to just need to fill the lake with lava.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
That's exactly what I'm trying to do actually, fill an Ars Magica nexus. So, good to have the confirmation that'll do the job, thanks :)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I made a couple alvearies with six frame housings each - I stuck a couple of pristine princesses (one Cultivated, one Mysterious) into them and ran them through the breeding cycle 8-10 times (not automated - I just moved them by hand). I was using either impregnated, magic, proven or reinforced frames depending on what I had.

At some point those two princesses became ignoble stock. What did I do wrong and how can I prevent that from happening again?

It was either the 6 frame housing or the mutation frames you may have been using. There are a few things that will cause pristine bees to become ignoble. Because I push the the mutation with my bee breeding I know that I'm going to deal with ignoble bees for breeding. When it comes to my production bees I inject the species serum into a pair of pristine bees. Then I don't use more than 3 frame housings because I want to play it on the safe side and make sure they don't turn ignoble on me.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
It was either the 6 frame housing or the mutation frames you may have been using. There are a few things that will cause pristine bees to become ignoble. Because I push the the mutation with my bee breeding I know that I'm going to deal with ignoble bees for breeding. When it comes to my production bees I inject the species serum into a pair of pristine bees. Then I don't use more than 3 frame housings because I want to play it on the safe side and make sure they don't turn ignoble on me.
Thanks! I'll take some frame housings out. I'm glad I learned this before I had production really rolling.

fishille

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Rotarycraft ECU efficiencies. I'm confused on this as it doesn't state thus very clearly. The ECU at running the engine at 50% has a fuel efficiency of 1x. So my math suggests fuel consumption should be 1/2 correct? At 25% it has 2x efficiency so it should be at 1/8 (quarter normal based off speed but twice the efficiency) or is it simply 1/2 fuel usage at 25% and normal usage at 50%. Thanks

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'll go clear out my desk and hope Canada will take me lol

You can always come to the USA... We take anyone. Plus spelling errors such as the one that caused your citizenship loss are viewed as a bonus here.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
You can always come to the USA... We take anyone. Plus spelling errors such as the one that caused your citizenship loss are viewed as a bonus here.

Anyone? What if I was a black gay atheist? :p anyways let's move on before a mod takes offense to our off topic sillyness

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone? What if I was a black gay atheist? :p anyways let's move on before a mod takes offense to our off topic sillyness

As Dorque said, we are really varied. In the west coast, north east, or Florida you would be pretty much fine. In the south you would be treated fairly badly as they tend to be more racist and more religious. Note that this is not absolutely true, as you will find racist people no matter where you go, and you won't necessarily be treated badly in the south if your aren't white, but it is highly likely.

Here is a bit about my experience with racism in Japan for those who are interested:
I have been many place over my relatively short life (I'm 20) and I have to say that the most racist place that I have ever lived is Japan. I am blonde and white, so your stereotypical American. I lived and worked in Tokyo, where foreigners are accepted more as we are a great source of income for them in tourism and major business. Kids would come up to me and ask for their picture taken in very broken English. Adults would come up to me and practice their English, the underlying assumption being that white blondes are always American. I eventually got annoyed with this and starting responding in Spanish, which caused them to be confused and leave me alone. And when I left Tokyo, people would keep away from me, and move if I sat net to them on the train. Kids would point and call me "Gaijin", which means foreigner. All in all, it felt weird being an outsider.

On topic, what is the best way to get the most drops out of a mob tower? I can think of 3 ways to get the drops, but I have no clue which results in the most drops: XU spikes, autonomos activator with fortune 3 etheric sword, and MFR grinder.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
As Dorque said, we are really varied. In the west coast, north east, or Florida you would be pretty much fine. In the south you would be treated fairly badly as they tend to be more racist and more religious. Note that this is not absolutely true, as you will find racist people no matter where you go, and you won't necessarily be treated badly in the south if your aren't white, but it is highly likely.

Here is a bit about my experience with racism in Japan for those who are interested:
I have been many place over my relatively short life (I'm 20) and I have to say that the most racist place that I have ever lived is Japan. I am blonde and white, so your stereotypical American. I lived and worked in Tokyo, where foreigners are accepted more as we are a great source of income for them in tourism and major business. Kids would come up to me and ask for their picture taken in very broken English. Adults would come up to me and practice their English, the underlying assumption being that white blondes are always American. I eventually got annoyed with this and starting responding in Spanish, which caused them to be confused and leave me alone. And when I left Tokyo, people would keep away from me, and move if I sat net to them on the train. Kids would point and call me "Gaijin", which means foreigner. All in all, it felt weird being an outsider.

On topic, what is they way to get the most drops out of a mob tower? I can think of 3 ways to get the drops, but I have no clue which results in the most drops: XU spikes, autonomos activator with fortune 3 etheric sword, and MFR grinder.

Pretty sure the Grinder is able to get precious drops. Blazes drop blaze rods definitely. Currently watching it happen. Noise is horrendous.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure the Grinder is able to get precious drops. Blazes drop blaze rods definitely. Currently watching it happen. Noise is horrendous.

If I have my sound on at all, which is rare, I tend to dampen the grinders.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah, I know that much, it just seems like I get more ender pearls from the spikes than I do with a grinder.

Melacar

Jul 29, 2019
Are magic bees broken with the 1.6.4 modpack? Because I cannot get any bees to see any nodes for any flowers, not pure nodes from silverwoods, or natural nodes, nor nodes I have moved or are in a jar, even went into the 1.0.20 beta and the bees couldn't see any nodes (vis bees specifically saying "no flower" and I only tested this with the help of creative mode) so is it thaumcraft 4 that is the problem or magicbees?