Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Hrmm, this is actually one thing that AE would do very well at. Do you have a logistics crafting table set up to un-craft the Compressed Cobblestone? Can you request Cobblestone, and get it to make you regular Cobblestone from the Compressed?

Yes and Yes, though it won't auto fill up the barrel with cobble once its out for some reason. I do however have an AE system laying around that I could use instead if it would be easier. Would I need a ME Export bus for each barrel? While thats kind of expensive its alot cheaper than my DSU on each barrel idea.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
you can set an Export Bus to Output as Always Craft into the Barrel, stick a storage bus on the DSU and the Barrel, and set up a crafting recipe of Compressed Cobblestone to Cobblestone. That will cause it to always fill the barrel with Cobblestone by crafting it from Compressed Cobblestone, and any cobblestone coming into the system will also go to the barrel.

Which mod's barrels are you using?

I would expect that the set-up you are trying to use should work. Sounds like a Supplier configuration issue, as you can request the uncrafting of Compressed Cobblestone. I'd suggest trying the Supplier Pipe at every angle, setting it to supply 1 at a time, some multiple of 9 at a time, and/or turning "Partial Requests" to "Yes."

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I don't know wether to start a new 1.6 modded world with a modlist that I come up with or to wait for a stable 1.7/1.8 modpack since they should be out reasonably soon

You could try FtB "Unstable", which is based on 1.7.2 and is available in beta right now. This will also give you an idea on what mods are currently 'working' with 1.7.2.

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
Does cursed earth work in mushroom island biomes? And do oreberry bushes work with the mystcraft bright symbol?

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Tired

Jul 29, 2019
How do I download the Direwolf20 1.0.20 pack? When I force update my .19 pack, nothing new happens.. It just redownloads the pack I already have. I tried reinstalling the launcher, and it loaded right up with what I already had. So confused.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
How do I download the Direwolf20 1.0.20 pack? When I force update my .19 pack, nothing new happens.. It just redownloads the pack I already have. I tried reinstalling the launcher, and it loaded right up with what I already had. So confused.

There's a dropbox on the launcher that probably says "Recommended" when you try and launch. 1.0.19 is the current recommended load.

Click the arrow on the dropbox and scroll up, select 1.0.20, and you will update. Don't forget after loading that you will have to quit, edit the pack and enable your favorite map mod... all are deselected by default so people can customize.

Tired

Jul 29, 2019
There's a dropbox on the launcher that probably says "Recommended" when you try and launch. 1.0.19 is the current recommended load.

Click the arrow on the dropbox and scroll up, select 1.0.20, and you will update. Don't forget after loading that you will have to quit, edit the pack and enable your favorite map mod... all are deselected by default so people can customize.

Thanks so much, never even noticed that drop down menu. But now it's telling me "Failed to use Mojang's authentication library".. *sigh*

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Still no reply on my question, so let me rephrase this, my magic bees do not work in direwolf20 1.6.4 modpack with thaumcraft 4,how do I get my magic bees to work (AKA, get them to flower off nodes since they won't)

As far as I know nodes are not used as flowers in any of the bees. Usually if the bee requires magic flowers it means one of the two thaumcraft flowers. Go find a desert or silverwood trees and use shears on the flowers. Then replant them near your hives.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks so much, never even noticed that drop down menu. But now it's telling me "Failed to use Mojang's authentication library".. *sigh*

Might be a bit dicey logging in for a while... a security bug was found in "OpenSSL" (an 'open source' encrypted packet driver) and Mojang says that while their servers are up, Amazon's load balancing servers are down being patched right now. They say that Curse patched last week.

All you can do is keep trying to log in.

Tired

Jul 29, 2019
Might be a bit dicey logging in for a while... a security bug was found in "OpenSSL" (an 'open source' encrypted packet driver) and Mojang says that while their servers are up, Amazon's load balancing servers are down being patched right now. They say that Curse patched last week.

All you can do is keep trying to log in.

Thanks for the quick response. Sucks, but atleast I know I didn't mess anything up. Appreciate the help.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all. I'm trying to set up a mob farm by using minefactory reloaded grinders to gather both essense for a future auto spawner as well as drops.
However it don't seem to be collecting any drops. Theres a chest right behind the grinder for the time being but yeah, not getting any drops. Mobs are spawning in it, and are being killed, but I'm not getting anything but essense from it.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all. I'm trying to set up a mob farm by using minefactory reloaded grinders to gather both essense for a future auto spawner as well as drops.
However it don't seem to be collecting any drops. Theres a chest right behind the grinder for the time being but yeah, not getting any drops. Mobs are spawning in it, and are being killed, but I'm not getting anything but essense from it.
Strange...is the gamerule doTileDrops set to false? Been curious about whether that would effect the grinder anyway.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
My nether portal has dislocated itself.

Single player world, Monster 1.1.0. If I go through the portal in my base, it always brings me out at the same coordinates in the nether. But when I go back through to the overworld, it's generated me a new portal 128 blocks north and 128 blocks east of my base.

What could be causing this?

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
My nether portal has dislocated itself.

Single player world, Monster 1.1.0. If I go through the portal in my base, it always brings me out at the same coordinates in the nether. But when I go back through to the overworld, it's generated me a new portal 128 blocks north and 128 blocks east of my base.

What could be causing this?

I believe that's a vanilla bug. (I think)

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Melacar

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know nodes are not used as flowers in any of the bees. Usually if the bee requires magic flowers it means one of the two thaumcraft flowers. Go find a desert or silverwood trees and use shears on the flowers. Then replant them near your hives.

There are bees that feed off of nodes, they are the vis bees on down through the pure bees, I also just tried both cinderpearl and shimmerleaf right next to my apiary and they still will not run.

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
Even if that statement was expressed as a question, it would not be a simple one.
I entended that to be a question but forgot the '?' And I just wanted to hear a basic '1.6' or 'wait' from a couple people not a long conversation[DOUBLEPOST=1396992216][/DOUBLEPOST]
You could try FtB "Unstable", which is based on 1.7.2 and is available in beta right now. This will also give you an idea on what mods are currently 'working' with 1.7.2.
Not that one it's unstable, hince the name. I don't like restarting worlds (even though I do it every couple weeks because I realize a I don't really like a modlist or the pack is lagging my game with lag spikes) I mean just to wait

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I entended that to be a question but forgot the '?' And I just wanted to hear a basic '1.6' or 'wait' from a couple people not a long conversation[DOUBLEPOST=1396992216][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not that one it's unstable, hince the name. I don't like restarting worlds (even though I do it every couple weeks because I realize a I don't really like a modlist or the pack is lagging my game with lag spikes) I mean just to wait
Ok, answer, if you wait on a 1.7 pack expect to be waiting a long time. Monster has only been in stable-release condition for a month or two.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
There are bees that feed off of nodes, they are the vis bees on down through the pure bees, I also just tried both cinderpearl and shimmerleaf right next to my apiary and they still will not run.

Interesting... I'll have to do some more checking. I did find this on the official FTP wiki.
http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Vis_Bee
So there is some bees that do require a node nearby.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't gone that deep into Magic Bees in 1.6, but I would assume those bees only work with the TC3 nodes. All of the Thaumcraft stuff in Magic Bees seems geared towards TC3 anyway.