Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
If you're more than 32 blocks a way, they have a chance to despawn as a result of that. (Check the 32 blocks, but it's something to that effect)

If it is a tier 5 spawner from a shard then yes. I know from a bad experience I had that I had involving a quarry turtle. I set the turtle up to take out a chunk right next to my enderman tier 5 spawner. My wireless transmitter that kept the machine off was in the chunk I told the turtle to take out. Man the lag was horrible (about .1 FPS). Well over 1000 entities. Dispite the lag, I was able to setup a new wireless transmitter to shut it off. Then I spent the next 1/2 hour killing off the enderman. I hadn't finished the farm yet. Just set them up for enough fall damage to do one punch kills.

So if i set up mfr grinder to kill those mobs. It will still working right? And it is the same with auto spawner?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if there is any chunk loaders for 1.6.2?

Edit: Nevermind. Found it.

Anyone know of any liquid containers for 1.6.2?

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Okay a simple question eh?
What is the best biome to start breeding bees in? As in what will most bee's accept?
I ended up settling down on a nice island not far from the mainland that had five natural silvewrwood trees on it that had formed a nice big pure node.
But it's a Green Hills Biome, and I ended up finding out most bees find it too hostile.. well.. aside water bees.
Thus started my insane experimentation into cross breeding water princesses with other drone types.
While I now have a nice colection of all the default bee's crossed with water fo they will breed... this limits my ability to try and breed other bee types as well...

So.. what biome would be seen as the 'best' that most bee types would work in?

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Normal/Normal will cover most bees for when you start breeding. As you get further you can increase their tolerances and with Extra Bees you can add more tolerances using genetic machines and whatnot. You can also do that with an alveary, but that requires pollen and royal jelly so you'll need to breed bees to those two lines.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
Okay a simple question eh?
What is the best biome to start breeding bees in? As in what will most bee's accept?
I ended up settling down on a nice island not far from the mainland that had five natural silvewrwood trees on it that had formed a nice big pure node.
But it's a Green Hills Biome, and I ended up finding out most bees find it too hostile.. well.. aside water bees.
Thus started my insane experimentation into cross breeding water princesses with other drone types.
While I now have a nice colection of all the default bee's crossed with water fo they will breed... this limits my ability to try and breed other bee types as well...

So.. what biome would be seen as the 'best' that most bee types would work in?

If you're on an island, build a little ways into the ocean. The ocean is normal/normal climate.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
If you're more than 32 blocks a way, they have a chance to despawn as a result of that. (Check the 32 blocks, but it's something to that effect)

There is some time after spawning that the mobs won't despawn in 32-128 blocks radius, so it isn't that important.

Also if there is more than a 128 blocks between closest player and a mob (that can despawn) then it will despawn almost immediately. You can put soulshard spawner in a dimension without any players to keep spawned mobs from disappearing.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Last night I was trying to get my solid fuel firebox steam boiler to pull charcoal directly from an adjacent Deep Storage Unit, but it would not do it. Changing the In/Out settings on various sides didn't work; does anyone know if this is possible and I was just being stupid? Thanks!

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Last night I was trying to get my solid fuel firebox steam boiler to pull charcoal directly from an adjacent Deep Storage Unit, but it would not do it. Changing the In/Out settings on various sides didn't work; does anyone know if this is possible and I was just being stupid? Thanks!
You need something that pulls the items out of the DSU; it can't output automatically. Stuff like wooden pipe + redstone engine (tho won't be fast enough) or if playing 147 pack, redstone stuff like filter + pneumatic tubes. I dunno how DSU's work (or if they work) with hoppers, but I guess you could try with one of those as well.

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019

Hmm, firebox should suck from inventories automatically, sounds like a railcraft/mfr interaction bug. Knowing power crystals, he'll probably fix it eventually. For now, moasseman is right: pump out from the dsu. Perhaps buildcraft gates to regulate the inventory and avoid overflow?

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I just tested putting a hopper under a DSU and it pulled items out, so I think I'll just add that into the mix and call it good. Thanks!

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Okay another simple question Or two rather:
Anyone have a biome layout for the ExtrabiomesXL colors? Ive been working on a FTB version for my pack and am not sure for the grass/tree colors where the biomes colors are. Do they use the same sheet as default or their own? And where on said sheet goes to what biome? I've been searching for a while now and not come across anything.

Next question:
I want to make a 'custom' mod pack for private useand my own fun, with out editing the default as I do play on a server so I don't want to screw that up. I want to add my own with greg tech removed (this is for ssp, I wana have fun, not mess with harder crafting) and one extra mod added.
I already duplicated the default FTB Ult folder to edit as I need, but how to I run this extra edited copy? I'd like to know before going through the hastle of tweaking config files and items to make sure there's no conflicts.
All the tutorials I've found are only to add and remove from the default mod packs, not on how to make and run your own.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Next question:
I want to make a 'custom' mod pack for private useand my own fun, with out editing the default as I do play on a server so I don't want to screw that up. I want to add my own with greg tech removed (this is for ssp, I wana have fun, not mess with harder crafting) and one extra mod added.
I already duplicated the default FTB Ult folder to edit as I need, but how to I run this extra edited copy? I'd like to know before going through the hastle of tweaking config files and items to make sure there's no conflicts.
All the tutorials I've found are only to add and remove from the default mod packs, not on how to make and run your own.
I'd suggest importing it to MultiMC. It makes managing different modded minecraft instances a lot easier.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone here played much with the new Buildcraft energy network yet? The lossless pipes, lossy machines deal? I've been wondering about some details and am looking for someone to discuss with.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Can't seem to find much confirmation on this, but does Thermal Expansion require buildcraft to be installed?