Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
In the FTB 1.5.2 beta wgt pack, how do you check nuclear reactor temps?

It's been a long time since I've made reactors and I remember using thermal monitors which I believe were a vanilla IC2 block, but they're not in the pack. I also know that Nuclear Control has its own monitor, but that mod currently isn't in the pack. Is there anything else I can set up to watch temps? (Playing on a server so adding NC isn't an option)

IC2 has no thermal monitoring equipment whatsoever. All of that is added by Nuclear Control.

I'm honestly a little surprised that it isn't in the pack, but that's probably because the mod advertises itself as being for 1.5.1, whereas the pack is for 1.5.2. Had the FTB guys actually tried it out, though, they'd have noticed that Nuclear Control runs just fine on 1.5.2... meaning, you can easily add it yourself. Just drop the zip file into your mods folder.

Reactions: RoloisRight

iwishiknew

Jul 29, 2019
How can I ensure that my Pneumatic Tubes send items to barrels that already has the same item in it, such as rotten flesh to a rotten flesh barrel, even if an empty barrel is open before the barrel with the same item?

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
How can I ensure that my Pneumatic Tubes send items to barrels that already has the same item in it, such as rotten flesh to a rotten flesh barrel, even if an empty barrel is open before the barrel with the same item?
You can't, you'll need to put a placeholder item in the empty barrel, and then a sign as a reminder. Simply because of the way such tubes work.

iwishiknew

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Then second question, I heard that you could use retrievers, or something similiar, to withdraw items from the barrels? is this true?

RoloisRight

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 has no thermal monitoring equipment whatsoever. All of that is added by Nuclear Control.

I'm honestly a little surprised that it isn't in the pack, but that's probably because the mod advertises itself as being for 1.5.1, whereas the pack is for 1.5.2. Had the FTB guys actually tried it out, though, they'd have noticed that Nuclear Control runs just fine on 1.5.2... meaning, you can easily add it yourself. Just drop the zip file into your mods folder.

Thanks for the response. It's been a while since I used reactors (1.2.5) and I thought the thermal monitor was a part of IC2, but it was from Nuclear Control and I forgot. Unfortunately, I already mentioned, I'm playing on a server so I can't just drop into my mods folder ;). Hopefully, Wyld will add it to 0.9.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. Then second question, I heard that you could use retrievers, or something similiar, to withdraw items from the barrels? is this true?
Yes, retrievers can pull out of any inventory on the same tube network.

EDIT: you can also push items into the network using transposers and filters. You could also use a sorting machine, but that seems silly for a barrel.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Remember that you need to pull out the bottom of a barrel. You cannot use the already existing tube that leads to the tops.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
In ftb 1.5.2 beta ngt how can i breed rejuvenating bee?
in Nei says it's vis + imperial but it put on a alveary with 5 mutator with uranium and it did'n mutate...
I don't know which version of Magic Bees is in the 152ngt pack, but Magic Bees 2.0.2 needs the following extra:
A Thaumcraft node needs to be close enough (25 meters true distance at most).

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, there is a way, but you have to use a bit more room to accomplish it, and it's slightly more expensive as well. Simply set a filter on top of the two barrels, and set the filter upside down so that it ejects items into the barrel. Then put rotten flesh in the filter sending items to the rotten flesh barrel, and something else, like feathers or something in the other filter.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone try the IC2 for 1.6.2? Im getting an error where the iron furnace has a black and purple gui and the damn mod has no active forum, cant see a way to report problems with dev builds or anything. I want machines. D=

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, there is a way, but you have to use a bit more room to accomplish it, and it's slightly more expensive as well. Simply set a filter on top of the two barrels, and set the filter upside down so that it ejects items into the barrel. Then put rotten flesh in the filter sending items to the rotten flesh barrel, and something else, like feathers or something in the other filter.

That is counterintuitive, as when you have the item to place into the filter, you can also just place it into the barrel and have the same effect. Filters without any items in them will let all items through, just as barrels without any items in them will accept all items (though it stops being empty after the first item enters, of course).

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing 152GT ultimate .8 and I see Mystical bees. What kind of flower do they need? The flowers always confuse me so much.

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
That is counterintuitive, as when you have the item to place into the filter, you can also just place it into the barrel and have the same effect. Filters without any items in them will let all items through, just as barrels without any items in them will accept all items (though it stops being empty after the first item enters, of course).
There is a slight difference, however, in that a barrel with a filter on top will accept the item in question even if the barrel is completely empty. This way you won't have to worry about automatic systems emptying a barrel and you having to set up an item in it manually again.[DOUBLEPOST=1373647388][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm playing 152GT ultimate .8 and I see Mystical bees. What kind of flower do they need? The flowers always confuse me so much.
Try using silk touch on the flowers you can find in the desert that drops blaze powder or the flowers that can be found next to silverwood trees that drop quicksilver.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
There is a slight difference, however, in that a barrel with a filter on top will accept the item in question even if the barrel is completely empty. This way you won't have to worry about automatic systems emptying a barrel and you having to set up an item in it manually again.[DOUBLEPOST=1373647388][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try using silk touch on the flowers you can find in the desert that drops blaze powder or the flowers that can be found next to silverwood trees that drop quicksilver.

Thanks! I knew it had something to do with Thaumcraft but my mind just never thought of those flowers.

iwishiknew

Jul 29, 2019
I'll just have to manually filter the first stack or so of all my items. Put my most used items at the top and my least used at the bottom. I can have filler to get it to work also.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. Question. How do you get thorns or poison ivy in BoP? Is it just shears? or do I need a silktouch? Never tried to pick them up before, they always just broke.

Darkmatter

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone tell me which of the various txt or video guides for Bees (main,extra,thaum) is the best one to consult? I was hoping to get a better understanding of how active/inactive and dominant/recessive genes interact during cross breeding so I can make better decisions about which of my bees have the best chance of giving me what I want.

Also, if anyone knows, which is the best frame to use if you want a boost in comb production WITHOUT lowering the bees lifespan or causing mutations. I know the chocolate one boosts production, but I found that it killed the bees so fast that I ended up getting less combs, not more.

Thanks!