Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
OK so I've been playing a private DW20 server for some time. One of the things I accomplished was to create a pure node (about 1200) by use of Silvewood trees and combining it other smaller nodes. Now however, I have a few of the smaller nodes that are always in high or moderate flux. They will not drain the flux away naturally. I initially thought it was due to a nearby dark node. Not the case and that dark node is now gone (one of the nodes I absorbed to get the pure node) and still this same node stays at high flux. Any ideas? Do nodes at high flux occur naturally or have I messed up aura by what I've done?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Question. Ive never messed with redstone before but now I have a trainstation thing I built and I wanna make it so I can have like 5 switches in a row(As in block to block) and I can flick one and it'll move only that track to the position I want it.

http://i.imgur.com/8v9zq4V.jpg

Thats my problem though. I think I understand how insulated wire works along with bundled cables. But my problem is right where the switches start. You cant hook up insulated wiring directly to levers(Atleast it seems that way), so is there some manner Im missing to get this to work?Im working with limited space which is why I wont space the switches out if I can somehow manage, this entire thing is underwater.

(Redid the entire post in a more coherent manner)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Question. Ive never messed with redstone before but now I have a trainstation thing I built and I wanna make it so I can have like 5 switches in a row(As in block to block) and I can flick one and it'll move only that track to the position I want it.

http://i.imgur.com/8v9zq4V.jpg

Thats my problem though. I think I understand how insulated wire works along with bundled cables. But my problem is right where the switches start. You cant hook up insulated wiring directly to levers(Atleast it seems that way), so is there some manner Im missing to get this to work?Im working with limited space which is why I wont space the switches out if I can somehow manage, this entire thing is underwater.

Separate the two unisulated wires using a microblock (a cover or cover strip should work). Just place it between the two wires.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Separate the two unisulated wires using a microblock (a cover or cover strip should work). Just place it between the two wires.

Thanks. Ill try it. Never used microblocks before but if it works you're amazing. Not to detract from the other option given above. It'll be nice to know the different ways I could fix this should I come into a problem like this again and want a different solution.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. Ill try it. Never used microblocks before but if it works you're amazing. Not to detract from the other option given above. It'll be nice to know the different ways I could fix this should I come into a problem like this again and want a different solution.
Eh, sorry about that. A microblock will work, but if you have lever, on a block, and then a repeater facing out of the block, then the signals won't interfere with one another.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019

This one seems more logical then the first one. How does redstone detect a signal, normal redstone. Adjecent block but beneath it and it'll still detect? Cause the lever being ontop of the block and the repeater being under it seems like it shouldnt reach, which is why I like redlogic wiring cause it goes on walls and helps me making the connections that yes, power is flowing though the wire in the direction I want.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
This one seems more logical then the first one. How does redstone detect a signal, normal redstone. Adjecent block but beneath it and it'll still detect? Cause the lever being ontop of the block and the repeater being under it seems like it shouldnt reach, which is why I like redlogic wiring cause it goes on walls and helps me making the connections that yes, power is flowing though the wire in the direction I want.

It has to do with how vanilla redstone works. A swtich on a block will actually give redstone power to other blocks (even air) near it. I did a lot of redstone logic with vanilla before I switched to FTB (DW20 pack currently). You can also put a redstone torch on the side of block then place a block two blocks lower then the torch and place redstone on it and it will power the redstone. It is way of creating a downward path of redstone in vanilla.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22370340/2013-07-17_12.04.09.png

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
It has to do with how vanilla redstone works. A swtich on a block will actually give redstone power to other blocks (even air) near it. I did a lot of redstone logic with vanilla before I switched to FTB (DW20 pack currently). You can also put a redstone torch on the side of block then place a block two blocks lower then the torch and place redstone on it and it will power the redstone. It is way of creating a downward path of redstone in vanilla.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22370340/2013-07-17_12.04.09.png

Ahhh. Did not know that. Im playing 1.6.2 now, mostly vanilla, I did add this mod and some world gen mods but thats about it. And since its vanillaish it means I can play around with redstone instead of trying to build 2000 solar panals.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Another question regarding rails. How would I make rails go the way I want?

http://i.imgur.com/Abugrqj.jpg

Thats what I have no. And flicking the power makes it go from its current position to the left. Essentially flipping the switch makes where my farm is the starting point. But I want to make the rail go straight if unpowered and turn to the right if powered. Rails too hard. ;;

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Another question regarding rails. How would I make rails go the way I want?

http://i.imgur.com/Abugrqj.jpg

Thats what I have no. And flicking the power makes it go from its current position to the left. Essentially flipping the switch makes where my farm is the starting point. But I want to make the rail go straight if unpowered and turn to the right if powered. Rails too hard. ;;
In that picture, you will go straight, but if you flick the lever, then you'll turn. I can't tell if it's powered or not right now because of you texture pack.