Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Cool. Cheers

Edit: Hmm actually. Not quite what I was looking for. Guess I will have to work around it somehow. I was looking for something that would combine the Totals in to one Total. Not just display a number of mfsu's one one panel. Thx anyway.

picture, 1000 words etc :)

info.jpg

Total at the bottom, info for individual units can be turned off so it just shows total

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
picture, 1000 words etc :)

Total at the bottom, info for individual units can be turned off so it just shows total

I thought there was an option for that with the array card. I just was not sure so I did not want to suggest that again figured the asker had looked. Thanks for the more info at lest I know im not crazy.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Where could I leartn about getting into tree farms and what not? Ive never used rails or carts or anything before. I wanna try now.

minusthedrifter

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to block link book creation in certain areas? I'd like to make a base on my server that is only accessible through a method I design. Problem is that if anyone comes over ever and makes a link book that whole process is wasted.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to block link book creation in certain areas? I'd like to make a base on my server that is only accessible through a method I design. Problem is that if anyone comes over ever and makes a link book that whole process is wasted.

I have only minor knowledge for Mystcraft. But I did not see any option for limiting link books in that manner.

You could use MFFS and use the security fields to make link books a banned item in your base.

Reactions: EternalDensity

Sam6555

Jul 29, 2019
I made a Diamond Drill earlier and used a Fortune 3 book I found the other day on it. Does this work exactly as a Fort 3 Dia Pick? On coal it does x2 and a bit more. On Lapis I broke 2 ore blocks and got 18 and 8 lapis for them. But whenever I use it on Redstone I always get 5-6 dust whereas without any fortune you get 4-5 as per the minecraft wiki.

Also while googling about this I saw someone write that the DDrill is better than the ADDrill, but gave no reason as to why. Could anyone shed some light on this? I made an ADD on a past server and noticed no speed increase, but who knows.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Fortune any level has a bit of randomness to it and is not a set multiplier. You might just be getting unlucky on your redstone.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I made a Diamond Drill earlier and used a Fortune 3 book I found the other day on it. Does this work exactly as a Fort 3 Dia Pick? On coal it does x2 and a bit more. On Lapis I broke 2 ore blocks and got 18 and 8 lapis for them. But whenever I use it on Redstone I always get 5-6 dust whereas without any fortune you get 4-5 as per the minecraft wiki.

Also while googling about this I saw someone write that the DDrill is better than the ADDrill, but gave no reason as to why. Could anyone shed some light on this? I made an ADD on a past server and noticed no speed increase, but who knows.
The speed increase of an ADD is basically efficiency 2 to efficiency 4(On a diamond pick). It is only noticeable if you're able to easily tell the speed differences in picks and efficiency enchants on them.

Also for redstone(If you have GT installed) you're better off silk-touching it. It will always been 10 dust per ore. 10 is the maximum for fortune. The average dust for fortune 3 is 7 or 8 IIRC.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
One reason to stick with the lower-tier drill for a while is so that you don't waste energy digging. Once you've got an advanced ultimate lappack and the means to power it it no longer matters, but a regular lappack lasts a fair bit longer with the regular drill.

Sure, that drill won't handle stuff that would need a diamond pick, but the rock cutter will.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Manual farms and orchards. Is there a height restriction that the farm cannot harvest fruit beyond? i.e. can I expect to have all fruits harvestedeven at the very top of the tree using a sweet chestnut, when the base of the tree is at the top level of the farm?

arentol

Jul 29, 2019
Can you store a full ME Storage Cell inside another ME Storage Cell?

If so doesn't that mean that you can nest them infinitely, thus technically making it possible to fit an entire minecraft world, no matter how large and how many blocks it is made of, inside a single ME Storage Cell that you can carry around on your hot bar?

Also, if you can nest them do they actually stack, or do the stay separate?

If they do stack does that harm the data contained in them in any way?

For whichever of the above is true, if you actually did mine the entire world and put it in nested cells and you decided to take a piece of cobblestone out, how many layers deep of 64k storage cells would you have to go through before you got to a storage cell that didn't just contain more storage cells?

Shenzo

Jul 29, 2019
Manual farms and orchards. Is there a height restriction that the farm cannot harvest fruit beyond? i.e. can I expect to have all fruits harvestedeven at the very top of the tree using a sweet chestnut, when the base of the tree is at the top level of the farm?
I think no, if there was would be pretty useless...

Is there anyway to make a arcane pressure plate("Everything but you") not to open a arcane door?
I'm trying to make a trap with one next to other

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Can you store a full ME Storage Cell inside another ME Storage Cell?

If so doesn't that mean that you can nest them infinitely, thus technically making it possible to fit an entire minecraft world, no matter how large and how many blocks it is made of, inside a single ME Storage Cell that you can carry around on your hot bar?

Also, if you can nest them do they actually stack, or do the stay separate?

If they do stack does that harm the data contained in them in any way?

For whichever of the above is true, if you actually did mine the entire world and put it in nested cells and you decided to take a piece of cobblestone out, how many layers deep of 64k storage cells would you have to go through before you got to a storage cell that didn't just contain more storage cells?
Well, the surface of the overworld in minecraft is 60 million square meters (that's 3.6*10^14 blocks per layer), so if you assume an average block height of ~50 (it will be less than y=60 because of caves and bodies of water) and you're up to 1.8*10^16 blocks - that's 18 quadrillion blocks. 1 64k storage can hold a max of 8,128 stacks of items (520,192 items). So at maximum density it would take 34,602,608,268 cells to store all the items.

It would then take 66,519 cells to store all of those cells (assuming they all count as 1 type and stack). That last round of cells could then be stored in a single cell. All told that's 34,602,674,788 cells with items only down 3 levels of storage.

Now, I don't think cells stack and wouldn't count as the same type either, so you'd more likely be limited to 63 cells per storage cell, making that number bigger. You'd need a total of 35,160,714,856 cells with items nested in 7 layers of storage. That's actually only a difference of ~1/2 a billion cells.

Reactions: EternalDensity

Sam6555

Jul 29, 2019
In AE systems, what do people do with those materials you have tons of. Like coal from a with farm, or any other soul shard farm. or perhaps UU Matter. At first glance all I can think of is have an ME Drive with storage cells, and have 1 item per cell. Just like using barrels.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
In AE systems, what do people do with those materials you have tons of. Like coal from a with farm, or any other soul shard farm. or perhaps UU Matter. At first glance all I can think of is have an ME Drive with storage cells, and have 1 item per cell. Just like using barrels.

When I get a ton of something (for the record I dont use AE) I find a use for it. Like coal Totally would make blocks of it and use it for decoration (I've used charcoal for roads before). Many things have sorts of off label uses mostly in making builds look nice.