Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I believe its construction foam that you can paint different colours - there was a very brief showing of it on DW20's FC2 'series', basically just CF painted the blue of a diamond block.

Correct. Construction foam, once hardened, can be painted. That's what I was referring to.

(Fun bonus: construction foam can be sprayed around cables, letting you hide your powerlines in the wall.)

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Unclear. I think Ars Magica doesn't want to be in a modpack, but I could be confusing it with a different mod.

No, you're right. Mithion has given permission for it to be included in the DireWolf20 pack however (And one other, as yet unrevealed pack), so we'll likely be seeing it there.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
How can I launch a chest minecart after two visits by a turtle? Perhaps just a way to output a signal after two visits, or something.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
How can I launch a chest minecart after two visits by a turtle? Perhaps just a way to output a signal after two visits, or something.
I'd make simple redstone with toggle latch and edge detector. This way every second activation of this system by turtle will send pulse to track that cart is sitting on.

Reactions: Jess887cp

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone is always the second most common stuff in my storage chests, after nikolite. If I've gotta spend half a stack to build an entire building with CF, eh, I'll probably complain more about having to find clay :p

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone is always the second most common stuff in my storage chests, after nikolite.
My situation is completely different. Redstone for me is first resource that always run out, my normal storage is tens of metal blocks stacks and about 5 stacks of redstone, even when I rush excited bees, I have to use a couple of alvearies for them and I'm not even using GT that much to have to centrifuge it (I centrifuge glowstone for redstone).

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
My situation is completely different. Redstone for me is first resource that always run out, my normal storage is tens of metal blocks stacks and about 5 stacks of redstone, even when I rush excited bees, I have to use a couple of alvearies for them and I'm not even using GT that much to have to centrifuge it (I centrifuge glowstone for redstone).

Just curious: what do you use those amounts of redstone for?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Just curious: what do you use those amounts of redstone for?
A simple couple track station can consume 100s in proper wiring. Also every system must have both manual and automatic shutdown when there is enough of produced item. And sometimes to just do something big with it with no apparent purpose (for example pure redstone adjustable 60, 80 and 100 second timer for automatic brewing stand).

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Do MFR planters and harvesters work with Forestry trees?
(I.e. can I get a MFR tree farm to plant trees with high sapling drops and large number of leaves?)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Question: Do MFR planters and harvesters work with Forestry trees?
(I.e. can I get a MFR tree farm to plant trees with high sapling drops and large number of leaves?)

Sort of. I've seen issues with the breed trees. The harvester for the most part seems to not care but the planter seems to have a few bugs with saplings spawning as oaks.

I would suggest advoiding MFR with forestry trees for the moment.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
And you can even turn them off in the config if it doesn't suit you.

This is what makes me love Railcraft. You know what I don't use Railcraft for? Rails or anything to do with trains. So to keep my Block ID list manageable I turned off all portions of Railcraft I don't use. I wish more mods would include that option. It might have actually saved Forestry from the chopping block if I could have disabled bees and tree breeding. But now that I've used MFR, even that level of configuration won't happen. Of course I'd love to disable conveyors. :)