Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Asked this in my topic but this forum is generally more active.

Minor bump. I decided to build a mass fabricator cause I need sunnarium. And only UU matter can create it. I had enabled it in gregtech cause.. yeah. Anyway. For some reason it doesnt seem to be working for me..

http://i.imgur.com/vPsmT5F.jpg

Thats my set up. Using glass fiber shouldnt give any loss over this short a distance. The mass fabricator is supplied with 20 scraps and shows as powered but the progress doesnt go up from 0%.

http://i.imgur.com/g1XzLBT.png

My MFSU is fully stocked with 2mil EU and I turned off my lava power for now but its constantly powered by 3 advanced thermals. Anything Im doing wrong?

Man. Why do I never ask simple questions? And Im on FTB ultimate. Where I enabled the mass fab.

Make sure you mass fabricator isn't receiving a redstone signal. That turns it off.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know the exact height band in which bauxite spawns? I'm trying to make a list of what spawns where.

...of course, if such a list already exists, that would be cool too :p

EDIT: while we're at it, Thaumcraft shards. 64 to 0, or different?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know the exact height band in which bauxite spawns? I'm trying to make a list of what spawns where.

...of course, if such a list already exists, that would be cool too :p

EDIT: while we're at it, Thaumcraft shards. 64 to 0, or different?
TC 3.0.3: Shards 0-59
GT 2.82c: Bauxite 32-79

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
But, with that mod, you can just set up one power system and be done forever. Without it, one needs to set up multiple power production facilities, thus resulting in more challenge and a lot more cleverness.

I do that now without Power Converters. Does the mod use MJ? No, doesn't get installed, period. I have no use for mods which implement yet another power system instead of using the most widely available and utilized one out there.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
TC 3.0.3: Shards 0-59
GT 2.82c: Bauxite 32-79

Thanks for the info!

Bauxite doesn't feel right, though. I played a whole lot of Mindcrack singleplayer, and my hand-mined bauxite always came exclusively from my bottom-of-the-map branch mine with tunnels at 5, 9, 13, 17. I even scraped the stuff out of the folds between bedrock. Conversely, I have never found a single scrap of bauxite at y=45 where I am looking for copper and tin, or in the hills where I am looking for apatite. That seems to suggest that it spawns more like gold, going from 0 to about somewhere 30-ish.

Checking the modpack, the GregTech version in there is 2.78f, but I looked through the changelog and there's no mention of readjusting bauxite on such a grand scale.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
I concur, unless something changed recentlyish, bauxite is not a surface mineral. I don't think you'll see any above 40, and I'm next to certain there's none above 50.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Bauxite definitely spawns higher, even on the surface, in 1.5 versions of GT.

Edit:
This i agree with. Most likely around your base (128 blocks in all directions) there is one or more pocket caves that mobs are collecting in. If you spend a lot of time in and around the same area these can build up taking away form the mob cap making it so you lose total mobs. And as Phil points out the portal travel basically forces the hanging around mobs to despawn.
Also he is playing on server, so mob cap is shared between all players in a world. If some of them are using soulshards it can reduce available mobs quite effectively (and they will still work, because spawners ignore this cap).

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I just made a test world to quarry large amounts of hilly terrain and see if I can uncover bauxite above sea level.

I did not yet find bauxite, but I did run into an earth shard cluster at y=77. So the numbers for TC shards are definitely changing again in 1.5+, sorry MilConDoin... :p

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the info!

Bauxite doesn't feel right, though. I played a whole lot of Mindcrack singleplayer, and my hand-mined bauxite always came exclusively from my bottom-of-the-map branch mine with tunnels at 5, 9, 13, 17. I even scraped the stuff out of the folds between bedrock. Conversely, I have never found a single scrap of bauxite at y=45 where I am looking for copper and tin, or in the hills where I am looking for apatite. That seems to suggest that it spawns more like gold, going from 0 to about somewhere 30-ish.

Checking the modpack, the GregTech version in there is 2.78f, but I looked through the changelog and there's no mention of readjusting bauxite on such a grand scale.
Worldgen in 2.82 is 32-79
Worldgen in 2.81 is 0-47

I don't have a 2.78 to check there.[DOUBLEPOST=1369071894][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just made a test world to quarry large amounts of hilly terrain and see if I can uncover bauxite above sea level.

I did not yet find bauxite, but I did run into an earth shard cluster at y=77. So the numbers for TC shards are definitely changing again in 1.5+, sorry MilConDoin... :p
I know why I gave version numbers in my answers :)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe. Alright, looks like bauxite changed without notice then in 2.8.2. *fistshakes in Greg's direction*

(EDIT: Just found bauxite ore at y=67. Looks legit.)

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Question, and finally a simple one. How do I automatically remove items from my industrial grinder? Ive been unable to find a way and its slots fill up so fast. I dont mind manually filling it but items give a lot of results so it fills up too fast and manually extracting every few items is a pita.

Also, would a hopper work on an industrial grinder to input?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
2013-05-20_15.48.17.png

What are those?!

(For anyone that uses Ars Magica(I think))

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Question, and finally a simple one. How do I automatically remove items from my industrial grinder? Ive been unable to find a way and its slots fill up so fast. I dont mind manually filling it but items give a lot of results so it fills up too fast and manually extracting every few items is a pita.

Also, would a hopper work on an industrial grinder to input?

buildcraft: wooden pipe with autarchic gate
redpower: filter
applied energistics: import bus

import bus is my preferred choice but thought I'd offer a couple of options :)

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
buildcraft: wooden pipe with autarchic gate
redpower: filter
applied energistics: import bus

import bus is my preferred choice but thought I'd offer a couple of options :)

I tried a filter and it didnt work for me. Is there a specific place I need it in? Cause if its under then Im fubar cause the stupid filter only inputs and outputs from opposite sides and the bottom of my grinder has no space unless I tear up the floor.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I tried a filter and it didnt work for me. Is there a specific place I need it in? Cause if its under then Im fubar cause the stupid filter only inputs and outputs from opposite sides and the bottom of my grinder has no space unless I tear up the floor.
Are you sending it a redstone pulse?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
That should mean it's jammed.

How would it be jammed? Oo; I had it connected to side of the grinder, had those pneumatic pipes(I think thats how its spelled) connected from that to a diamond chest. Powered by a redstone torch. Is the torch at fault? I honestly dunno what would be wrong there.

Edit: hrm. Guess it would be the torch. I had a timer set up but I was hoping I wouldnt have to use one. Thats probably the problem. Simple solution.