Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I have a dumb question. Im finally advancing. Almost to T2 solars. (I want a T4 solar goddamnit. I wont let anyone dissuade me). But now as I run around fumbling material around to try and build my bigger machines(Industrual Grinder is finally made and almost ready to be powered. =D) Ive run into the problem of I have too much crap and not enough crap holders. What do?

I have no experience with much of anything so Im not even sure where to begin with something reasonably affordable.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of crap? Barrels for bulk and chests for misc, with an appropriate sorting system to go with it.

Hard mode from somewhere else on the forums: If you can make a storage block, place it in the world to store it.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics is the current storage daddy. I can provide a link to a tutorial vid showing how to set up a simple ME network if you'd like.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Applied Energistics is the current storage daddy. I can provide a link to a tutorial vid showing how to set up a simple ME network if you'd like.

Yus please.

And crap like mined crap. I probably have 15+ barrels of cobble. Some 8-9 gold chests just with dusts I eventually need to burn into ingots. Ores to industriliaze down into dust. So many machine parts to build machines I dont have the final parts for. Tons of food/seeds and crap.

I need to find out how to make a tree farm too. Apparently those are good or something.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Whitelist = you must be on this list to be able to connect to the server, if you are not it just sends you back to the menu
Greylist = anyone can connect as a guest, but you're a no-privileges noob until you get put onto the list of full members
Open Server = anyone can connect at any time, no limits

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone explain whitelist, greylist and open server differences ?
Whitelist means you have to be a registered member to join.

Open means anyone can join.

Greylist means the server falls somewhere in the middle. I've seen it most frequently applied to friends of members. i.e. Member A wants to play with Friend B who is not part of the registered membership of the server. A Greylist would allow them to play together without needing to completely whitelist Friend B.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Asked this in my topic but this forum is generally more active.

Minor bump. I decided to build a mass fabricator cause I need sunnarium. And only UU matter can create it. I had enabled it in gregtech cause.. yeah. Anyway. For some reason it doesnt seem to be working for me..

http://i.imgur.com/vPsmT5F.jpg

Thats my set up. Using glass fiber shouldnt give any loss over this short a distance. The mass fabricator is supplied with 20 scraps and shows as powered but the progress doesnt go up from 0%.

http://i.imgur.com/g1XzLBT.png

My MFSU is fully stocked with 2mil EU and I turned off my lava power for now but its constantly powered by 3 advanced thermals. Anything Im doing wrong?

Man. Why do I never ask simple questions? And Im on FTB ultimate. Where I enabled the mass fab.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
You could set a gate above the barrel to flash whenever an item goes through it (they switch graphical state when emitting a redstone signal). There are drawbacks to this, however: You'd need to make sure only items intended for the barrel go through the pipe directly above it, which makes overflow a bit of a pain to manage.
Works for me. Thanks.

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who get really few hostile mobs at night? The only "fix" I found is going to the nether and coming back: I leave the overworld with 3 or 4 mobs hanging around and I come back with tons of bad guys around my base.

(I'm on a server, BTW)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Am I the only one who get really few hostile mobs at night? The only "fix" I found is going to the nether and coming back: I leave the overworld with 3 or 4 mobs hanging around and I come back with tons of bad guys around my base.
They're probably spawining underground in the day, which prevents them spawning on the surface at night because of the cap on mob numbers. When you go to the nether they despawn, and when you come back then they can spawn on the surface.

Reactions: Saice

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
They're probably spawining underground in the day, which prevents them spawning on the surface at night because of the cap on mob numbers. When you go to the nether they despawn, and when you come back then they can spawn on the surface.

This i agree with. Most likely around your base (128 blocks in all directions) there is one or more pocket caves that mobs are collecting in. If you spend a lot of time in and around the same area these can build up taking away form the mob cap making it so you lose total mobs. And as Phil points out the portal travel basically forces the hanging around mobs to despawn.