Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
I have one already. But I wanna store exp or get other functunality out of it like I had hoped with liquid exp. Im sitting on 92 levels. With a probably wasted 90 more in liquid exp medallions. I wanna use it. Or save it. =/

Brains in jars from Thaumcraft can store XP orbs they pick up off the ground.

XP turtles can also absorb orbs and automatically enchant stuff. Check out the ComputerCraft forums to make turtles less intimidating.

Nothing really good to do with your 97 levels though.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Feature and an awesome one. Basically when you right click with TC tools (shovel, axe, mattock, pick) it will place block that is on the right from it on hotbar. It was funny when it was introduced, because you could place block on the space that you are in and suffocate this way.
Wright or left?My pick is on the first slot and torches in the 9th

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
To increase the spawn rate of Iridium in GT's configs would you increase or decrease the 20?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I never managed to successfully add ars magica to ftb ultimate. =( Id start a new world if I could do that and biomes a plenty.
Once I get back to my desktop I'll see if I can't pull up my configs to help you out. I got it working in mine fairly easily. Not too sure about BoP but ars definitely.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to extract more then 8k+8k eu/t from fusion reactor?

I've not played with them but do know people go on and on about how you can get something like 128k eu/t form them so I would asume so. Maybe check out IC2/GT forums reactors are a big thing over there and tend to have whole treads dedicated to them.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Once I get back to my desktop I'll see if I can't pull up my configs to help you out. I got it working in mine fairly easily. Not too sure about BoP but ars definitely.

I want BoP cause extrabiomes has me mad. In this current world i memorized the damn biomes. I chose large biomes and this is it

Glacier, redwood, desert, redwood, redwood, redwood, wasteland, minijungle, mountanious desert, red desert, redwood, jungle, taiga.

I swear Ill never see a slime in this world. Ill never see water in this world. I dont know if an ocean exists in this world. Jungle bees took me 3 hours to scrounge up 6.

I hate my current file.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I want BoP cause extrabiomes has me mad. In this current world i memorized the damn biomes. I chose large biomes and this is it

Glacier, redwood, desert, redwood, redwood, redwood, wasteland, minijungle, mountanious desert, red desert, redwood, jungle, taiga.

I swear Ill never see a slime in this world. Ill never see water in this world. I dont know if an ocean exists in this world. Jungle bees took me 3 hours to scrounge up 6.

I hate my current file.

Oddly I have the opisit problem. Soul crushing oceans thosands of of blocks in any direction. It gets to the point I just never leave land anymore becusae most likely I'll be stuck at sea for hours. literaly hours.

dedbbs

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to extract more then 8k+8k eu/t from fusion reactor?

You're supposed to be able to get a total of 32,768 EU/t out of a fusion reactor when using an energy producing recipe. Assuming you've got the 4 supercondensators & 16 HV transformers set up properly, it should be outputting that much (32,768 EU/t) at high voltage, twice that of 16k. If you don't have them set-up properly, I'm surprised if you haven't had an explosion somewhere. The main difference inside the reactor between the 2 energy-producing fuel combinations is the duration they will run - they both output the same amount of energy. So Tritium-Deuterium will produce (per 1 cell of each) for 1024 ticks and Helium3-Deuterium for 2048 ticks - twice as long. Both will still output power output at the same rate.

So basically, no, there's no way to make 1 reactor output more than that, unless the 1.5 version of GregTech's major revamp of fusion reactors has completely upset that, which I'm sure it has. There may be some exploit to make it make more, but I'm unaware of it.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Now a question that I know that is one of the most asked but I can't find a final anwser: What is the trickiest/complicated way of generating power (I don't really care if it's UE IC GT BC TE)

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Unsimple question. I want my damn t2 solar panel. Which means I need some sort of fabricator. I have mass fabricator enabled, cause screw you gregtech. But how the hell do you power one? 1million EU? Thats like 94893849384983498 days on my solar panels. ;;

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Unsimple question. I want my damn t2 solar panel. Which means I need some sort of fabricator. I have mass fabricator enabled, cause screw you gregtech. But how the hell do you power one? 1million EU? Thats like 94893849384983498 days on my solar panels. ;;
Geothermal/Thermal Generators are a good starting point. Or just a bunch of generators burning charcoal or something.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Now a question that I know that is one of the most asked but I can't find a final anwser: What is the trickiest/complicated way of generating power (I don't really care if it's UE IC GT BC TE)

Build a fusion reactor that is jumpstarted by lightning rods.

dedbbs

Jul 29, 2019

If you use scrap or scrapboxes from a recycler, it reduces the EU requirement to 166666 EU. If you don't have a recycler, there's a number of other things you could use. You probably don't have Plutonium dust (the best/strongest intensifier), but you can use Uranium dust (just macerate/pulverize your Uranium) which is second best, and most people usually have at least few Uranium lying around. You can also use Redstone and Nikolite as an intensifier, and those are quite common, but you will burn through it very quickly. Add some additional power generation as the person above said from Coal or Lava to help speed up the process if you want.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Does a Thaumium Grafter produce saplings if used on a Silverwood Tree?