Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Why is it a monstrosity? I mean, aside from the infinite power loops.

I don't know of any infinite power loops, AFAIK, everything uses a certain ratio with simple conservation of energy.

But, with that mod, you can just set up one power system and be done forever. Without it, one needs to set up multiple power production facilities, thus resulting in more challenge and a lot more cleverness.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know of any infinite power loops, AFAIK, everything uses a certain ratio with simple conservation of energy.

But, with that mod, you can just set up one power system and be done forever. Without it, one needs to set up multiple power production facilities, thus resulting in more challenge and a lot more cleverness.

It's been done before. I abandoned that method and went to bees though because oil fabricators eat an unreasonable amount of FPS. Adding in UE or 1.5x will open even stronger loopholes.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...am-based-overunity-machine.18812/#post-220442

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone that switches on and off rapidly causes a little lag from all the block updates and flashing torches, but redstone that stays constant most of the time is fine.

You, sir, need a redstone energy cell and some redstone energy conduits. Also at least glance at PowerConverters for a lossless way to turn EU to MJ!

I want an energy cell. But I need to build my magma crucible and liquid transposer. And I wanna build my advanced solar panels but I need iridium. >< I need to finally use this centrifuge. Im scared. Hold me.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
How can I get metallum into an alembic or warded jar? Ever time I put metallum into a crucible and right click it, it does transmutation instead of giving me the aspects in the alembics. Kinda annoying as I'm trying to build an arcane bore and I finally have everything I need.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
What's the appeal in playing on a server?
Community. You get to talk to people, and work with people. Also, Let's Plays! You can make SMP Let's Plays with people. I hate public servers, but private servers are the shit!

Edit-
If the server is hosted somewhere other than your computer, your computer doesn't have to handle anything and uses less RAM. :)

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
How can I get metallum into an alembic or warded jar? Ever time I put metallum into a crucible and right click it, it does transmutation instead of giving me the aspects in the alembics. Kinda annoying as I'm trying to build an arcane bore and I finally have everything I need.
have you tried left-clicking? If you don't have alembics attached that just dumps essentia/flux into the atmosphere, but iirc doing it with alembics attached will dump those aspects into the alembics.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
have you tried left-clicking? If you don't have alembics attached that just dumps essentia/flux into the atmosphere, but iirc doing it with alembics attached will dump those aspects into the alembics.
Yes, I have alembics attached, and it still transmutes the iron ingots into nuggets. I did get it to work by shoving some blaze rods in there with it, and that created a bit of thaumium and the excess metallum went into the alembics. I would like to find a more permanent solution though.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yes, I have alembics attached, and it still transmutes the iron ingots into nuggets. I did get it to work by shoving some blaze rods in there with it, and that created a bit of thaumium and the excess metallum went into the alembics. I would like to find a more permanent solution though.
Try shift right clicking.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, just looked at the TC3 wiki. You have to sneak+right click to dump aspects.

DIMT

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any block breaking machines in Ultimate other than the Arcane Bore that can function like a silk touch pickaxe? I've had issues with the bore and lag.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Can you get a factorization barrel to emit a redstone signal when it receives an item? I'd like to have a light of some kind flash on a positive increment in a barrel.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Can you get a factorization barrel to emit a redstone signal when it receives an item? I'd like to have a light of some kind flash on a positive increment in a barrel.

i think it depends on how you are putting items in the barrel. routers no, tubes or pipes i think so

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
If you are using RP tubes, you can use an item detector. I've only ever seen them used for this purpose in LPs, though, so I have no personal experience with them. The computer-controlled mob grinder system from DW20's SMP season 4 in particular used them in such a manner to great effect.