Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Pumping water into a Carpenter, does it have to go into the top, or can it go in elsewhere?
Anywhere. It can only matter when using RP2 fluid pipes and only if block has more than one tank. For example in the fermenter you put water in the side that have blue liquid as seen from solid sides and you get biomass from the side that have green liquid (doesn't matter with liquiducts, tank (un)loaders and waterproof pipes).

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The cause for the bed problem is the same as a chunk discrepancy with the client. The server knows the blocks are there and thus tries to keep you above the blocks and not let you walk through them. Your client on the other hand does not recognize them and thus pulls you downward as if falling. It likely happens with the bed on servers because it is a half block that the character is pushed in to.

Reactions: Whovian

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Because Eloraam doesn't publish an API for the power system and does not allow other mods to hack into Redpower.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Can you use a Gravity Gun to catch a HE Pellet from the Portal Gun mod?
Just was wondering because I remembered the final fight in HL2 and you use the Super Charged Grav Gun and grab what looks like HE Pellets to kill things.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. Program the recipe in, pipe in ingredients, it starts producing when it has enough ingredients.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
So like the carpenter, you can only automate one recipe per fabricator? Bother.

Sorry about the incessant questions! I have another - how do you put honey in an Analyzer? I can't get mine to work. Power is fine, bee goes in fine, honey drops don't.

DIMT

Jul 29, 2019
Can you use a Gravity Gun to catch a HE Pellet from the Portal Gun mod?
Yes, kind of. You can affect it with the push away mechanic as well as actually grabbing it. When you grab it though it instantly damages you and disappears.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, kind of. You can affect it with the push away mechanic as well as actually grabbing it. When you grab it though it instantly damages you and disappears.
D'aww, where's the fun in that? Oh well. Guess I won't be installing a N.O.P.E. system in my base any time soon.
Unless I got ICBM to play nice, that is...

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
So like the carpenter, you can only automate one recipe per fabricator? Bother.

Sorry about the incessant questions! I have another - how do you put honey in an Analyzer? I can't get mine to work. Power is fine, bee goes in fine, honey drops don't.
Put honey drops in a squeezer, pipe the liquid honey to the analyzer.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way other than the MiscPeripherals interactive sorter to sort items in different directions based on redstone signals?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way other than the MiscPeripherals interactive sorter to sort items in different directions based on redstone signals?

Iron Pipe, buffer chest (pump the items into a chest, have one Wooden Pipe pull them out on one signal and a different one on another,) and maybe even a Pneumatic Tube system that switches out components to put stuff into different places.

DIMT

Jul 29, 2019
Iron pipes change direction allowed with redstone. Autarchic gates could be used to pump items out of a chest in a certain direction rather than another. You could use water dispensers to change the path of an item toward an obsidian pipe or item collector. There are other ways as well, but those are what I am most familiar with.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Inline transposers/filters can be used as valves for pneumatic tube networks. Apply redstone signal -> cut off that pathway. The way tubes decide where to route things makes that function work pretty well for redirecting items.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
So, I was just thinking about making an automatic wither killer when I had an odd thought. We should all know by now that the MFR grinder 1-shots normal mobs, but has anyone tried it on a boss? Even if it doesn't 1-shot a wither, I've got a few ideas for keeping the grinder from being blown up.

Also, I was planning to do try automating holy hand grenades, but if I have a dispenser throw them, since I wasn't the thrower I assume I'll be killed if I'm too close?

Shenzo

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite - currently stored logs have higher priority than empty preformatted drives.[DOUBLEPOST=1368701398][/DOUBLEPOST]
Latest GT update stopped them being the same. I assume it's because the GS superconductors are easier to make - no Tungsten required - and Greg didn't want people skipping tungsten on their way up his tech tree.

Only the gravi suit mod itens can't be made with both of them Greg tech can use the gravisuit superconductor
+ 10 iridium plates for my gravisuit :(