Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
In AE systems, what do people do with those materials you have tons of. Like coal from a with farm, or any other soul shard farm. or perhaps UU Matter. At first glance all I can think of is have an ME Drive with storage cells, and have 1 item per cell. Just like using barrels.
If your goal is to hoard as much stuff as possible, the ultimate tool is a Deep Storage Unit hooked up via inventory bus. Since it can hold 2 billion items, it's unlikely even your DSU for cobble will fill up before you reset your server or move on to another world.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Manual farms and orchards. Is there a height restriction that the farm cannot harvest fruit beyond? i.e. can I expect to have all fruits harvestedeven at the very top of the tree using a sweet chestnut, when the base of the tree is at the top level of the farm?

The orchard will harvest all fruits on all leaves of all trees which have their trunk standing inside the farm's area of influence.

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
Can you store a full ME Storage Cell inside another ME Storage Cell?

I tried this once acually because i wondered the same thing. But im pretty sure the size of the storage used on the disk will also take that same size to store in a other disk (ex. a 16K disk with 6K of its storage used will take up a whole 6K in a other disk if stored on it). Thus making storing disks on disks pretty pointless.

I can understand that my awnser might be hard to understand, if you dont get it just say it and i'll try to think up a clearer way to explain it.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
In AE systems, what do people do with those materials you have tons of. Like coal from a with farm, or any other soul shard farm. or perhaps UU Matter. At first glance all I can think of is have an ME Drive with storage cells, and have 1 item per cell. Just like using barrels.
I disable production when I have enough of a given item. There is no need to have it running just to overflow barrels/storage cells.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking to ban a single recipe on a custom 1.5.2 pack server.

I know of three ways to achieve this:
1.) Set the ID of the item to 0 in the config file sometimes works
2.) Shadwdrgn's Recipe Remover
3.) Forge Essentials

Unfortunately, 1.) does not work because the item in question is rolled into a single block ID with many others, 2.) is not updated to 1.5 and 3.) is not updated to 1.5.

Does anyone know another way that I can use?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
There is not a setting for biome size that I have seen. It is set by the map type when you creat your seed. or if your running server the server.properities file has that option. Theres basicly default, Large Boime, and flatlands.

I don't think that is the case. I checked both of my server.properties files (one is mindcrack & the other is DW20). The mindcrack pack has these ridiculously large biomes. While the DW20 has what I would call standard terrain generation. I also remember some talk about when the packs 1st came out that the mindcrack people wanted huge biomes.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019

This is the method I use, first saw it mentioned on these forums by Peppe. Preformatted 1k storage units in a ME drive, preformatted to hold 1 item type, cobble for example, and a storage bus on a immibis incinerator with the same items in the interface. Make the priority on the ME drive higher than the storage bus (shift click with a wrench to set priority). The first 8128 of each preformatted item will go into the cell, anything over that amount will go to the incinerator.

Incendiary

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so I got questions for you all.

First, I'm currently experimenting with power armor and it's all cool and dandy but none of the claw's abilities work for me. I tried the In-Place Assembler, and right click did nada. I tried the Plasma cannon (After salvaging the In-Place Assembler) and right click did nothing. Yes, I have plenty of energy, 5MJs stored up in the suit, 2 MJ alone in my claw. Any help?

Second, this I originally posted in the support section:
Okay so I've done plenty of googling and have found nothing so far, sorry if this is not the right place to look for help in this matter but support looked like the best place to go. Anyway, I've built an Infernal Furnace and it's not working, and I've seen many people with this problem but no real solution. The Infernal Furnace is in my house (It is an infernal furnace has the face and everything) and it has open space on all sides and top, no bellows attached but my understanding is they are not necessary. The area in which it is seems to change constantly, or my goggles aren't very consistent, I'm not sure which it is, but the Aura in the area (which I've assumed to be the same as Vis) ranges from 240/240 to 364/364 (It changes without me doing anything different) and the flux in the area ranges from none to medium (but its the only thing of mine connected to its node and its an sp world) and yet not once have I gotten anything out of the infernal furnace when I put in: Ores (Tin, Iron), Cobblestone, or Chicken. I've wasted about a stack of each trying different things so if anyone knows what actually is going on with this please let me know.

P.S. Where should I post questions like these? It's not really a "bug report" more of a support request but it's definitely not "technical support".

Incendiary

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I got a trackpad though and whenever I do 2 finger scrolling it just bring me out of minecfraft, is there another way?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking to ban a single recipe on a custom 1.5.2 pack server.

I know of three ways to achieve this:
1.) Set the ID of the item to 0 in the config file sometimes works
2.) Shadwdrgn's Recipe Remover
3.) Forge Essentials

Unfortunately, 1.) does not work because the item in question is rolled into a single block ID with many others, 2.) is not updated to 1.5 and 3.) is not updated to 1.5.

Does anyone know another way that I can use?

What's the recipe?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question:
Why won't these nodes connect?
F6iKD10.png
Read the wiki on the mechanics of nodes and can see no reason why these wouldn't connect.

Simple answer: GO!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question:
Why won't these nodes connect?
F6iKD10.png
Read the wiki on the mechanics of nodes and can see no reason why these wouldn't connect.

Simple answer: GO!

it takes time.

Just give it a few MC days. I there was some change awhile back that made the node updating not as often most likely to reduce lag. I had that issue and thought it was broken so I went off and did other stuff and a few days later I noticed they had merged.

Sam6555

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using ME Storage Buses in combination with DSU's to store mass quantities of items, though I'm having a small problem. I chucked Scrap into one, and put my scrap cell into the IO block to put all the scrap in the DSU automatically, as I would have expected it to. Then I made some DSU's for Pearls, Coal, and Bones from my soul shards. However the DSU's only seem to keep one of each item in despite being set up exactly as the scrap one is. How do I fix this?