Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
Why did my forestry multi-farms go from needing 200% hydration to like 20k or 30k hydration? That's not that sustainable and they're really slow in the harvest process now..

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The very tab where you read the current hydration requirement tells you why. Expand it and look at the text, not just the mouseover number.

Hydration requirement is a weighted average depending on three factors: temperature of the biome you build in, humidity of the biome you built in, and time elapsed since it last rained in the world. If you have many minecraft days passing without rain (for example, if you build in a desert, or have rain switched off via NEI cheat mode), then your farm will be very dry and require huge amounts of water to keep going. As soon as it rains, that value will start to go down and the longer it rains, the further it will fall. It will go down all the way to like 50% if it rains enough.

Also, updating Forestry might help. In newer versions, the maximum hydration penalty from a lack of rain was capped around 2500%, instead of climbing almost infinitely.

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
I see, so my problem is the lack of rain since I usually use dissipation charges when it rains. I'll use some of the other charges and make it rain for some time then, thank you :)

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Just putting together my first big facility, the first few floors are 10 blocks high to allow for tanks/pipes etc. etc. etc. as well as about 50 blocks across.What is the best way to light an area like this to prevent monster spawning?

Thanks in advance.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Either a couple wrathlamps under the ceiling (4 should do), or redpower inverted lamps recessed into both floor and ceiling. You'll need quite a couple of them, but they're cheaper than wrathlamps.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
For wrathlamps it is important to mention, that they will interfere with the growing of plants. The lamps light such a big area, because they change in a certain area the air blocks into light emitting blocks. Since plants need air to grow, these invisible blocks interfere.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Expansion Redstone Energy Cell and Redpower Tubes:
I have a simple setup with a buildcraft gate: I put down a REC to let it charge. Gate on a cobblestonestructurepipe (sheesh, lets call it csp^^) is waiting for "Has full energy - Emit redstone" which turns on a block breaker. The gate emits, the REC gets broken and send along a tube. But, no matter what I try, in the final destination, it arrives without energy. This is ofc testing done in creative. I tried enderchests and normal wooden chests. So what I would like to know is:

a) is it even POSSIBLE to break REC with a blockbreaker keeping its energy intact?
or
b) which part of the REC-Blockbreaker-Tubes-Deployer/Chest system is causing the REC to loose its energy?

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
is it even POSSIBLE to break REC with a blockbreaker keeping its energy intact?
No. You have to break it with a wrench or crescent hammer (which is why an engineering turtle works, since it's just a turtle with a crescent hammer). Picking it up with a block breaker, or by hitting it until it breaks, or by any other method that involves "breaking" it will cause it to lose all its energy.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if a wrench really works. I know an OmniWrench does, but that's just because it incorporates the functionality of the Crescent Hammer.

Reactions: Freakscar

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
No. You have to break it with a wrench or crescent hammer (which is why an engineering turtle works, since it's just a turtle with a crescent hammer). Picking it up with a block breaker, or by hitting it until it breaks, or by any other method that involves "breaking" it will cause it to lose all its energy.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if a wrench really works. I know an OmniWrench does, but that's just because it incorporates the functionality of the Crescent Hammer.
Thank you. I'm already using the OmniWrench to move my RECs around. Just would've been nice, if it could be automated without turtles. =)

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
I just looked in my Chest with Drones and found a Rusty Princess, but there should be only Drones in this Chest. So is it possible to become 2 Princess from 1 Queen?

I have an automated system with Apiaris that pumps every Item out and sort it. All Drones from 4 Apiaris going in 1 Chest (Rusty, Tarnished, Leaden, Corroded). I Analysed this extra Princess and the normal Queen, the Princess has 224 Generations in it and the Queen 228. An on top of that, it sorted in right after the Drones, where I never would put it.

Am i becoming completly Crazy and forgot a Princess that gone through 224 Generation and that Putting the Princess and not the Queen in a Chest where a never would found it, or is it realy possibly to become more than 1 Princess?

PS:
Pure Rusty
longer Life
Fast Speed
Fert. 4

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I just looked in my Chest with Drones and found a Rusty Princess, but there should be only Drones in this Chest. So is it possible to become 2 Princess from 1 Queen?

You (or someone else if you're on a server) probably put it there. Apiaries don't spawn additional princesses.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
@ milcondon and ember quill, thanks for your replies. I have some more questions but I think it best I start a thread as they're not "simple" questions with "simple" answers I don't think!

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Really a simple one: What does everyone do with all that beeswax? I'm literally drowning in that stuff. :D

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Wax capsules. The only liquid storage more compact that Railcraft tanks is stacks of filled wax capsules in chests... ;)

Reactions: Freakscar

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Wax capsules. The only liquid storage more compact that Railcraft tanks is stacks of filled wax capsules in chests... ;)
So thats about it, huh. *sadface* Ah well, thank you. ;)
Seems I'm taking over with stupid questions for now, so here's another one: The "light cage" the RP2 lamps have around them when active.. can you get rid of it? I searched the txp - but it seems those are somewhat hardcoded into the lighting, am I right?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
There's nothing you can do to remove that light cage.
For the wax: You can also use it for TC3 research (it might be, that the aspects were added by thaumic bees, so you might need to add that mod yourself), or use it instead of charcoal for your torches.

netmonkey

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

Can i disable chunk loaders? My server is running serious lag and is used 24/7. I want to remove chunk loading out of my investigations but its impossible to locate them all.

Is there something i can do to turn them off globally whilst in use or stop people building them.
Thanks.