Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

vcordie

Jul 29, 2019
What's the best power generation progressiong tree for
MJ:
EU:
Both DW20 and MindCrack Pack. List any differences between the twos in the trees. :3

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
MJ:
EU:
Both DW20 and MindCrack Pack. List any differences between the twos in the trees. :3
Your question is not simple, it doesn't even have a single answer. There are over a dozen methods of generating power in both mods and their addons, and very few are clearly superior over others. You are essentially asking "what is the best way to get a date".

Go through the mod wikis, read about the different generators and engines, consider the resources you have available (both to build the generators and to fuel them), what kind of infrastructure do you want to set up, and pick one that is right for you. There is no single best choice, and no choice is really so bad that it would hurt you in the long run. This is a game about exploration and experimentation, don't constrain yourself to following paths laid by other people.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
MJ:
EU:

Abdiel is correct in this. Best really is subjective. A better question would be one that tells us what you have ready access to and what you plan to do with the power. Because there are honestly dozens of ways to do this all are valid and some are better then others depending on what you want to do.

The canned response from the forums will be Lava or Solar.

But you should just say Screw that I'm A real Shoop and go with Wind and use BT with its horrid conversion rate to MJ.

Soulsbane96

Jul 29, 2019
There's nothing you can do to remove that light cage.

Three questions
1. What "light cage"?
2. Is there a way to avoid the lighting bugs/darkness of covers? I have to put a light source like directly next to it to make it look normal
3. What is the spawn radius/distance of t5 spawners? What size structure do i need to contain them?

Turtlicious

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower 2 Sorting Machine Question. Will sorting machines push items with no columns into another sorting machine if set to do so?

Explanation: I am building a sorting system where every chest gets one sorting machine. THen I set the chest to White and paint the chests pipe white. I have it set (I think) to put uncolored items into the next machine in the system, it does until the end where I have a chest for items that need to be added into the system (in case I forgot to make a chest for them.) Should / Will / Can this work?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower 2 Sorting Machine Question. Will sorting machines push items with no columns into another sorting machine if set to do so?

Explanation: I am building a sorting system where every chest gets one sorting machine. THen I set the chest to White and paint the chests pipe white. I have it set (I think) to put uncolored items into the next machine in the system, it does until the end where I have a chest for items that need to be added into the system (in case I forgot to make a chest for them.) Should / Will / Can this work?

you can nest sorting machines. But you need to do so in a way using color tubes. Uncolored items can go down colored tubes. So set your unsortables to a color and then use that color for the next machines input.

PeterMK

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen a bunch of "hacked" clients out there on the net which can give the player alot of benefits (x-ray etc. etc.)

Can I as a server admin protect my server against users who uses this kind of clients?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen a bunch of "hacked" clients out there on the net which can give the player alot of benefits (x-ray etc. etc.)

Can I as a server admin protect my server against users who uses this kind of clients?

Since you can't detect them, unfortunately no. The only way is to 'spectate' and see if someone acts suspiciously.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Alright real question; How can I remove the retarded christmas items added in by I think Steves Carts without uninstalling the mod? Im still running 1.4.6 for a while.

FURIOUSGEORGE129

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me how to run a lava tank into a chest? I'm trying to pump lava out of the nether, by using empty buckets, and using an automatic crafting table to turn them into lava cells. I tried waterproof cobblestone pipe, and to no avail. I even created a world to test this, but no pipe I try works. I was going to try pneumatic piping, but it must of been a gregtech add on, because it's gone in the direwolf20 modpack.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Use a liquid transposer (from Thermal Expansion) to fill the pumped up lava (using the pump from BuildCraft) directly into the cells.
Other option, if your final target can use liquid lava: Use a liquid tesseract (one on the pump, one on your target) for teleporting the lava directly from the pump to your final target.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Alright real question; How can I remove the retarded christmas items added in by I think Steves Carts without uninstalling the mod? Im still running 1.4.6 for a while.
Well, you could just update Steve's Carts to the alpha 42 version or later. You'll keep any Christmas items that you already have, but you won't find any more of them after updating. Whatever items you already have can be easily destroyed. However, it might be better to update whatever mod pack you're using to the newest version, since 1.4.7 fixes some bugs and doesn't appear to break any mods that worked with 1.4.6.

Sulla

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is the best thread for this but what does everyone do with all their nikolite? I have barrels of the stuff and never found a good use for it. Recycler?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is the best thread for this but what does everyone do with all their nikolite? I have barrels of the stuff and never found a good use for it. Recycler?
Solars, you need 4 stacks for 8 of 'em. 81 are about enough for one bluelectric motor. Doesn't sound like much, but it's a pretty neat fire'n'forget power system.