Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AfterLife6

Jul 29, 2019
You want a Sawmill :)
Thank you. It's working properly :)
EDIT: Is there a newbie-friendly stuff to know more about FTB? I'm watching the direwolf20 videos, and it sure is helping a lot but I was thinking if there is more sources to learn about ftb.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
EDIT: Is there a newbie-friendly stuff to know more about FTB? I'm watching the direwolf20 videos, and it sure is helping a lot but I was thinking if there is more sources to learn about ftb.
I think you're already going about it the best way. A possible alternative would be to check out an HQM such as Agrarian Skies. The quests can take you through a huge number of mods in a fairly step-by-step basis.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Keeping in mind what Pyure said (which is completely correct), there are less "hell on earth" quest packs available - any (all?) Jadedcat packs have every being out to kill you. Even the sheep, cows, etc.

So, even though it is a quest pack that offers progression/guidance, it will test your survivability up to a certain point (check FTB Departed for actual "hell on earth").

If you're not using Curse Voice, install it. It offers the FTB packs and others not featured here (it is also true that some packs associated with FTB do not show there).

Reactions: erindalc and Pyure

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Browse NEI and look up stuff on wikis all the time. Videos can be an easy and lazy way to get force fed information, but it is often much more compact, fleshed out and detailed on the wikis(if they are up to date).

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
What they already said. I did learend most by spending tons of time on Wiki+ Youtube searching for Modspotlights.
Also for the first playthrughs its possible better to "copy" stuff you find out there then inventing new.
Sure you will and should adapt it a bit from time to time, but before you come out with a new fancy way of doing things you first need to learn about all the "normal" ways.

But one thing is for sure, you will need time. I mayself do play MC for like 3-4 years now and still learning.
And I still did not learn how to build a propper looking building.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
So, even though it is a quest pack that offers progression/guidance, it will test your survivability up to a certain point (check FTB Departed for actual "hell on earth").
For an actual "hell on earth" modpack, you'd need to add Liycanite's Mobs, Mo' Creatures, Mutant Creatures, make it that the only biomes that exists is the Tainted Land, add Infernal Mobs, Special Mobs, Zombie awarness. After creating this pack, you'll get a "hell on earth" modpack

Reactions: Ashendale

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
For an actual "hell on earth" modpack, you'd need to add Liycanite's Mobs, Mo' Creatures, Mutant Creatures, make it that the only biomes that exists is the Tainted Land, add Infernal Mobs, Special Mobs, Zombie awarness. After creating this pack, you'll get a "hell on earth" modpack
So... Atonement/Blightfall on Hardmode?

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

G

gawwyt

Are there any glass blocks that you can control the opacity with red-stone signal or something similar?

I basically want blocks that can toggle between transparent and opaque. Although having a range between those two values would be awesome.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any glass blocks that you can control the opacity with red-stone signal or something similar?

I basically want blocks that can toggle between transparent and opaque. Although having a range between those two values would be awesome.
If this doesn't exist, it should. Opacity based on redstone strength would be fantastic.

Reactions: Pyure

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

I'm not sure if they do or if this is exactly what you are after, but I think witchery's shaded glass has a function similar to this.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

If you find nothing else, you can always point two Drawbridges at each other. Then feed them inverted redstone signals (use a NOT gate on one of them). Fill one with opaque blocks and other with non-opaque.
Flick the switch on the signal and as one Drawbridge retracts the other deploys.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Am I the only one that have issue with viewing imgur pictures(and possibly others) embedded on the site?
It happens for me too. My browser shows a small blue square with an white question mark in it, but if I try to reply the picture will look fine in the reply. Weird. Also I can see avatars without any problems.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It happens for me too. My browser shows a small blue square with an white question mark in it, but if I try to reply the picture will look fine in the reply. Weird.
Yeah that is the exact same problem I am having. Have tried several browsers. Have cleared cookies, cashe etc. Updated whatever I could think of. Nothing seems to help. Sounds like its on Imgurs end.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that is the exact same problem I am having. Have tried several browsers. Have cleared cookies, cashe etc. Updated whatever I could think of. Nothing seems to help. Sounds like its on Imgurs end.
I've been experiencing this for the last few days. I do most of my reading on my phone, so I just assumed it was connection related. I have noticed that pics that have been quoted show up without issue. Odd, indeed.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it's an issue of here specifically, I've seen similar things happen on other xenforo forums before.