Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I can tell you from recent first hand experience that AE2 will only use the 1st valid recipe it sees. In my case I have magic crops that can produce glowstone. Well before I set that up I had a pulverizer recipe to craft glowstone from glowstone blocks. I wanted to craft something that used a large amount of glowstone and it wouldn't do it and kept insisting it didn't have enough glowstone blocks. Removed the pulverizer recipe and everything worked great.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I can tell you from recent first hand experience that AE2 will only use the 1st valid recipe it sees. In my case I have magic crops that can produce glowstone. Well before I set that up I had a pulverizer recipe to craft glowstone from glowstone blocks. I wanted to craft something that used a large amount of glowstone and it wouldn't do it and kept insisting it didn't have enough glowstone blocks. Removed the pulverizer recipe and everything worked great.
That, oh well, sucks.

Radee

Jul 29, 2019
So I am trying to create my own dimlets and I created a material essence absorber that is not absorbing any materials. I have attached a pic and have also tried resetting the absorber in a crafting table. Am I missing something? Also I know that I need 128 of the material but I wanted to make sure this would work and now I am glad I checked first.

Edit: So I have been tinkering with this and I don't think the material absorber works with copper ore, thermal foundation copper ore at least, but I don't understand why.

Attachments

• 2016-02-09_13.57.22.png
    2016-02-09_13.57.22.png
    527.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
you set the absorber down after you placed the copper ore right? RFTools does have a copper dimlet so it should work but i question why you are trying to make a copper dimlet as rarity is low if i remember right so getting them from unknown dimlets should be easy. If you have access to the end just make a enderman farm with cursed earth and youll have dimlets for days.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Who's good with the Programmable Rednet Controller? I'd like to learn how to do a lopsided on/off signal cycle, so that the block emits a signal for, say, 10 seconds, and then shuts it off for 5 seconds, and then on again for 10 seconds, etc.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Who's good with the Programmable Rednet Controller? I'd like to learn how to do a lopsided on/off signal cycle, so that the block emits a signal for, say, 10 seconds, and then shuts it off for 5 seconds, and then on again for 10 seconds, etc.
sawtooth with a greater than condition I think

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
sawtooth with a greater than condition I think
i think that almost works at a basic level except I dunno how to specify the durations.

I'd be willing to do it in a janky fashion with variables if I could figure it out :\

edit: I have a version working.

Page 1: Wave Square Timer
Pd: 10
Q (output): Var1

Square wave timer acts like a normal timer. Set that to say, 10. It will end up emitting a signal every second (10 ticks on + 10 ticks off). Output that to Var1.

Page 2: Counter
INC = Var1
PRE = 10
V(output): Vars2

Every time Var1 has a value (which it does every second), a counter will increment by 1 until it reaches the preset (10) at which point it will go back to 0. Direct that count to Var2

Page 3: Greater than
A = Vars2
B = CNST 7
(or some value)
Q(output) = I/O (direction of your choice)
Any time the value in Vars2 (which can be 0-10) is greater than (in this case) 7, we'll emit a signal in the direction and color of Q.

As a result, the controller is only emitting a signal around 3/11 percent of the time.

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Say, does anyone know how Dense Ores interacts with Mekanism? (Specifically the Ore Dissolution Chamber?)
it doesn't .the silktouched ore wont be allowed in the mekinism machines (at least since i last used it )(kinda switched over to using nether ores for "compact ores" to harvest )

P

PearlTiger

Trying to breed a dreaming bee for Botania Alfhiem bees, does anyone know what bees I need to breed to get them? I've looked around but haven't been able to find anything. Thanks

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Trying to breed a dreaming bee for Botania Alfhiem bees, does anyone know what bees I need to breed to get them? I've looked around but haven't been able to find anything. Thanks
If you're stuck and you've got Binnie's mods, you should be able to spawn in a Master Apiarist Database, which will tell you everything you need to know about every bee in the game.

Alternatively, there's some mod that has an NEI plugin for bees. If you have it installed and you look up a recipe for a bee like you'd look a recipe for anything else, it'll tell you.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything similar to Inventory Tweaks in Infinity Unstable atm?
Is there anything that would conflict with Inventory Tweaks in Infinity Unstable atm?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
How relevant is CPU in modded Minecraft? Taking Infinity as an example. If I have 16GB of available memory and I allocate 4, using Optifine and having Soartex as a texture pack, shouldn't I get at least 60+ FPS at all times? I have an AMD FX 6100 CPU.

Keep in mind I left the video details options on default, fast math on, chunk loading on smooth (multi-core makes everything flicker, and I notice little difference), opengl on fast, frame rate unlimited. If I remember correctly, other options are left as is.

Now, I can understand a bit that Logistics Pipes and Carpenter's Blocks cause lag. But going down to 20 FPS or less in a void Mystcraft dimension with construction on a ~40x40x80 doesn't make much sense to me.

Any ideas? How to go around this? More RAM allocated? Wut do?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How relevant is CPU in modded Minecraft?
It is ALL about the CPU. Minecraft is a huge sandbox where everything that happens needs to be calculated and evaluated by the CPU. Letting a server handle the heavy lifting helps a bit, but there is still loads of stuff to calculate for the client.

Minecraft have extremely limited and simple graphics so your graphics card is practically idling.

RAM amount is not a performance parameter. You merely need to have enough space for things to be loaded. More will not help(with java it will actually hurt performance).

Now, I can understand a bit that Logistics Pipes and Carpenter's Blocks cause lag.
People always tend to blame things like carpenter's blocks and microblocks, even open faces on quarries etc. for their lag, but refuse to consider their insanely overcomplicated and badly made contraptions which just eat up performance. It is true that if you lay out lots of Carpenter's blocks slopes/collapsible blocks etc. and then have mobs walk over them, then the AI pathing will use up enormous amounts of resources. But same is true for vanilla stairs or any other non-full sized blocks. Or just mobs being penned with fences...
But I can attest that with millions of carpenter's blocks in the same world, it have always been machines, automation and mob AIs that have been eating up the resourses.

Reactions: Inaeo and Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019

So, what? A big 4.0 + GHz Intel processor? Or AMD? Keeping in mind 1.8.9, where I believe multi-core is a thing, should I go for more cores?

Edit: I'm running an AMD FX 6100. Is an Intel I5 4690 a good alternative, or...?
I'd have to buy a new mobo... AMD apparently sucks on single core performance...

Edit 2: I read something about Intel Xeon being equivalent to I7 without the integrated graphics. Does it make it a good option? I saw the price...

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I forget exactly which AMD CPU I'm running (Vishera 8-core, I remember that much) and it runs things, for the most part, just fine. You have to keep in mind that a lot of performance issues are just Minecraft being extremely badly-designed. Having a high per-core clock frequency on your CPU helps, but you can only compensate so much. Do not sink a bunch of money into a machine just to play Minecraft. You will likely end up with a machine that will have a hard time playing other games, which are better-optimized to take advantage of better GPUs, extra RAM, and multi-core CPUs.

Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I was keeping that in mind but I reasoned that, if I have a CPU that can get me a good FPS on Minecraft, it would work wonders on other games.

On GW2 I have a hard time on populated areas because of the CPU (max settings, GTX 750 Ti), Tera and Wildstar 20 FPS on open fields (again,max settings).

I suppose I'll have to wait for to when we eventually move for the Win10 version to get decent frame rates...