Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JoRex

Jul 29, 2019
I´m not sure this is the right place to post this. I´m not used to deal with fora. I´m an old man retired from work interest on playing minecraft ftb infinity evolved.
I have been playing version 2.3.5 single player and I would like to try and play in a community. My first atempt was not good, I had my base and items taken away so i left the place (it no longer exists). Does someone knows a place with gentle people where I can play and learn with more advanced players? It can be either in english, french, italian, portuguese or spanish.
Thanks

Reactions: jdog1408

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
I´m not sure this is the right place to post this. I´m not used to deal with fora. I´m an old man retired from work interest on playing minecraft ftb infinity evolved.
I have been playing version 2.3.5 single player and I would like to try and play in a community. My first atempt was not good, I had my base and items taken away so i left the place (it no longer exists). Does someone knows a place with gentle people where I can play and learn with more advanced players? It can be either in english, french, italian, portuguese or spanish.
Thanks
I suggest you go find a place at http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/servers/

Most of the infinity servers have some kinda claim system, where you can protect your own stuff

Only one I've personally played on is the Infinity server of MineYourMind, which is a generally nice place apart from a few asshat mods who sometimes hassle you ^^

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
What do you guys think the ranking of vanilla mobs goes, because I wanna make a spawn egg crafting system and I have Zombie, Squid, Spider, Bat, Sheep, Cave Spider, Skeleton, Pig, Creeper, Zombie Pigman, Chicken, Slime, Enderman, Cow, Blaze, Magma Cub, Mooshroom, Ghast, Ocelot, Witch, Wolf, Horse, Villager

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything similar to Inventory Tweaks in Infinity Unstable atm?
Is there anything that would conflict with Inventory Tweaks in Infinity Unstable atm?
Never got a response on this.

I've got another one as well: Anything in Unstable atm that'll let me do something with this 3x3 entrance? Carpenter's blocks isn't up to 1.8 so no garage doors. I just want to avoid vanilla pistons at this point, it's not the time for it.

Last edited:

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019

I've got another one as well: Anything in Unstable atm that'll let me do something with this 3x3 entrance? Carpenter's blocks isn't up to 1.8 so no garage doors. I just want to avoid vanilla pistons at this point, it's not the time for it.
If Inv Tweaks is 1.8 then the only thing that might conflict is an auto swap mod that isn't in ftb packs and the key bind which is easily fixed, and I dint know anything about 3x3 entrances in 1.8 sorry

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Is it more efficient to fortune III-mine diamond ore, or to silk touch the diamond ore and put it through ore doubling/tripling? (This assumes one isn't a point of leveling mountains on a whim and thus swimming in diamonds.)

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
This depends greatly upon the mods in your pack and your current tech level.

I wouldn't think so? Vanilla Fortune III is going to do whatever it does in vanilla, and unless "ore doubling" is more nebulous than "two ingots/diamonds from one block" (or three for tripling), it should be a fairly direct comparison.

I guess I could phrase it more clearly: does fortune 3 result in, on average, more than 2 diamonds per ore?

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I wouldn't think so? Vanilla Fortune III is going to do whatever it does in vanilla, and unless "ore doubling" is more nebulous than "two ingots/diamonds from one block" (or three for tripling), it should be a fairly direct comparison.

I guess I could phrase it more clearly: does fortune 3 result in, on average, more than 2 diamonds per ore?
I think so

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019

Fortune is...a bit complicated. I'll just quote the relevant info from Minecraft Wiki:

For coal, diamond, emerald, nether quartz, and lapis lazuli, level I gives a 33% chance to multiply drops by 2 (averaging 33% increase), level II gives a chance to multiply drops by 2 or 3 (25% chance each, averaging 75% increase), and level III gives a chance to multiply drops by 2, 3, or 4 (20% chance each, averaging 120% increase). 1 drop has a weight of 2, and each number of extra drops has a weight of 1.

So, for doubling, Fortune III would be reliable enough, but for anything beyond that, you'd likely be better off using silk touch, since you'll be guaranteed 3+ diamonds per ore, instead of having to rely on the RNG. So, for example, if you have RotaryCraft installed, its generally better to silk your diamond ores and put them thru a grinder (which gives 3x (might be higher, I forget) diamond flakes, which smelt into a diamond a piece) than to rely on chance-based, though high-level, fortune. Now, if you can exceed Fortune III (I believe ChromatiCraft's chromic enchanter allows this), then you might be better off using that than silking unless you get up to 5x yields or more, but I'd need to do some number crunching to give a definite answer.

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
No worries about the number crunching, you've answered what I wanted to know: doubling > fortune III > tripling. AFAIK I know tripling is the best that can be managed in the pack I'm playing, but I am not anywhere near it yet so I'll stick with fortune.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Have the RFTools force fields been ported to 1.8 yet? If so, that'd solve your problem nicely, by giving you a wither-proof door of any size you like that can also be disguised as any block you like.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
(I believe ChromatiCraft's chromic enchanter allows this)
It allows up to Fortune/Looting 5 iirc, and if you have Witching Gadgets you can get two Lucky Rings for another +2 Fortune/Looting each. The maths for Fortune follows the pattern given, the average yield of a particular level being (n+1)/2+1/(n+2). So with Fortune 5 you'd be averaging ~3.14x multiplying, Fortune 7 at ~4.11x multiplier, and Fortune 9 at ~5.09x multiplying.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
It allows up to Fortune/Looting 5 iirc, and if you have Witching Gadgets you can get two Lucky Rings for another +2 Fortune/Looting each. The maths for Fortune follows the pattern given, the average yield of a particular level being (n+1)/2+1/(n+2). So with Fortune 5 you'd be averaging ~3.14x multiplying, Fortune 7 at ~4.11x multiplier, and Fortune 9 at ~5.09x multiplying.
That's actually marginally better than RotaryCraft's 5.0625x expected multiplication on the Extractor. Than again, I think it gives an extra bonus (as well as byproducts) for rarer ores (and again for Nether ores), so you'd still probably be better off silktouching and Extracting your diamonds.

Or maybe the extra bonus is just for ores that naturally give multiple drops, like redstone and lapis. I don't remember off the top of my head.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
That's actually marginally better than RotaryCraft's 5.0625x expected multiplication on the Extractor. Than again, I think it gives an extra bonus (as well as byproducts) for rarer ores (and again for Nether ores), so you'd still probably be better off silktouching and Extracting your diamonds.

Or maybe the extra bonus is just for ores that naturally give multiple drops, like redstone and lapis. I don't remember off the top of my head.

Rarer ores like diamonds and emeralds give extra flakes per ore, and all Nether ores yield double the normal rate.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Even ignoring things like the slight extra bonus from rare ores and nether ores the extractor can still win as the extractor can be upgraded to 6.5x for normal ores iirc, works for rarer/nether ores too but the higher base chance makes it less effective on those as it just sets the chance of doubling on the first step to 100%.

K

katalia1

I would like to know if there will be a simpler way to get server downloads from curse launcher. Maybe I'm blind but unless a pack says something in the description I don't see for example a button to press for server pack download.