Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'm doing that atm. I'm thinking I *might* be able to get a stable loonium setup running earlier than a decent enderman farm in a given new game. Maybe.
If you have access to cursed earth yet in your world you can get a great farm going. If you set it up in the end it will only spawn endermen, i use fans to push them and use diamond spikes to kill them and you can enchant them with looting if wanted. This setup doesnt take energy and very easy to set up, the most expensive thing was diamond spikes which i believe iron spikes can be used but i used diamond spikes and reaper ench. to get souls for draconic evolution and an XP farm.

Reactions: sturla2409

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If you have access to cursed earth yet in your world you can get a great farm going. If you set it up in the end it will only spawn endermen, i use fans to push them and use diamond spikes to kill them and you can enchant them with looting if wanted. This setup doesnt take energy and very easy to set up, the most expensive thing was diamond spikes which i believe iron spikes can be used but i used diamond spikes and reaper ench. to get souls for draconic evolution and an XP farm.
I know dude, my point in playing devil's advocate here is that a player *might* be able to get a loonium setup going before they stabilize the End, which (depending on the pack) has the difficulties of wrecking the dragon.

Obviously he isn't a big deal in any pack that has, say, signalum crossbows. But in a pack like Infitech2, Loonium is quicker than an End setup because the dragon will wreck you (or rather you'll die of boredom before you can kill him)

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I know dude, my point in playing devil's advocate here is that a player *might* be able to get a loonium setup going before they stabilize the End, which (depending on the pack) has the difficulties of wrecking the dragon.

Obviously he isn't a big deal in any pack that has, say, signalum crossbows. But in a pack like Infitech2, Loonium is quicker than an End setup because the dragon will wreck you (or rather you'll die of boredom before you can kill him)
Ah gotcha missed understood.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You could point more spreaders at the altar if you want the mana requirement to build faster, or possibly use sparks (never tried a spark on an altar myself). Even with a single spreader, though, it only takes a few seconds.
Mana spreaders won't fire a bolt until it's reached it's destination. So you can get some speed by building the spreader right next to the machine you need to run.
At least that's how I think mana spreaders work. They seem to work that way.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there a magical themed solution to automating Essence Berry Bushes?
I tried Reap of the Harvest Moon, but that didn't work.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a magical themed solution to automating Essence Berry Bushes?
I tried Reap of the Harvest Moon, but that didn't work.

Harvest Golems are indeed the answer. If you cover the bushes with half slabs, the Golems can't jump on top of the bushes and kill themselves.

I'm not sure how the Botania Drum or Horns affect them. Might be worth an experiment or two.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you cover the bushes with half slabs, the Golems can't jump on top of the bushes and kill themselves.
Ofc. Never considered golems due to the "cactus" effect. Will try this right away ;)

EDIT: Apparently they don't even take damage from the bushes...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dkittrell

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Last time I tried to do this, they all died. Nice to know it works now.
I thought the same until I watched one of Etho's recent videos on his modded series. Was yelling at the screen "they're gonna die!" Then they didn't.

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

Reactions: Pyure

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have just moved a singleplayer world onto my server and it starts up and runs like its supposed. With one exception:

[Server thread/ERROR] [ForgeMicroblock]: Missing mapping for part with ID: tile.dreamwood
[Server thread/ERROR] [ForgeMicroblock]: Missing mapping for part with ID: tile.dreamwood_1
[Server thread/ERROR] [ForgeMicroblock]: Missing mapping for part with ID: tile.livingrock
[Server thread/ERROR] [ForgeMicroblock]: Missing mapping for part with ID: tile.livingrock_1
The console spams this for what I guess is once per every occurrence of any of those microblocks in a loaded area(which is quite a bit).

In-game all the placed microblocks have turned into "Rune of Acceleration" parts:
2016-02-13_15.45.41.png
I can no longer cut Dreamwood or Livingrock and any parts I still have, turn into Rune of Acceleration as soon as I place them.

Everything works just fine in singleplayer. Both client and server runs the same versions of Forge multipart and Botania. I have copied the Microblocks.cfg config to the server straight from the client.

What the heck is happening? And how do I fix it?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Which WALIA style mod adds the burn duration for fuels? I know I've played with it, but I can't remember where. I plan on putting it in my MCTheory Creative World (Infinity, Reika's mods, and a few others). It will help with determining things like fuel efficiency, Redstone clock management, etc.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have just moved a singleplayer world onto my server and it starts up and runs like its supposed. With one exception:

The console spams this for what I guess is once per every occurrence of any of those microblocks in a loaded area(which is quite a bit).

In-game all the placed microblocks have turned into "Rune of Acceleration" parts:
View attachment 25712
I can no longer cut Dreamwood or Livingrock and any parts I still have, turn into Rune of Acceleration as soon as I place them.

Everything works just fine in singleplayer. Both client and server runs the same versions of Forge multipart and Botania. I have copied the Microblocks.cfg config to the server straight from the client.

What the heck is happening? And how do I fix it?
Right.. I seem to have fixed it... Somehow....
I think what did it somehow was changing the format in the microblocks config from:
"Botania:dreamwood":0
"Botania:dreamwood":1
"Botania:dreamwood":2
"Botania:dreamwood":3
"Botania:dreamwood":4
"Botania:dreamwood":5
to
"Botania:dreamwood":0-5
Apparently the first one was good enough for singleplayer, but not for server... :confused:

E

Emil7370

How do i edit the number of modifiers on Magical wood with Mod Tweaker?
I have tried using the /mw modifiers command to get a list of the different modifiers, but it doesn't work!
I have tried to use
mods.tconstruct.ToolStats.setAbility("Magic Wood", "x");
and
mods.tconstruct.ToolStats.setxLevel("Magic Wood", 6);
but i don't know what i shall replace x with
I have tried:
Writable
Writeable
Write
Modifier
and much more

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Actually, if somebody is asking about minetweaking, I can't seem to add a recipe for pneumaticcraft's assembly line using craft tweaker in 1.8.9

The code is the exact same as 1.7.10

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
For stats on Tinker tool parts, Iguana's Tinker Tweaks is what you should use instead.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2