Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I don't have control over the server I play on, but we're up-to-date I think... v2.3.3 of the Infinity Evolved Expert modpack. Whatever version of the mod is in the pack, that's what I have to work with, for better or worse.

What surprises me is that Belladonna seeds are required as literally the first step to progressing thru the Witchery mod in Infinity Evolved... so anyone attempting to use the mod would immediately get stuck like I have, and post a question (you would think). But I don't find any questions regarding this topic at all in FTB Forums, anywhere. Kinda odd. So then I begin to think "well, it must just be me, I'm doing something wrong - something stupid, that nobody else gets confused by". LOL

I am REALLY gonna kick myself if punching grass actually DOES give Belladonna... because then I've wasted not only my time, but your time as well Pyure. LOL As always, I appreciate your assistance. At this point I'm gonna go punch grass and see if that NEI recipe is bogus or not.

Curse put Infinity Evolved 2.3.4 beta up yesterday (1/13). I don't know if it has a fix for this but I had to remove 2.3.0 completely to get the pack to properly update.

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So I have a question about Chisel. I was trying to get variants of packed ice. However, it seems there are two sets of recipes for uses of packed ice in Chisel. Anyone know how I can delete the 1st one? So I can actually get to the 2nd one. This is on a custom modpack. I do have MT in the pack but I'm not sure how that works with Chisel.
2016-01-13_21.52.34.png

2016-01-13_21.52.38.png

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Henry,

one of the versions of the packed ice is made with Botania, put regular ice around a Pure Daisy.Not sure if it's the one that works with chisel tho.If you already know this ignore me :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
For you Botania experts, I'm having trouble making Anointing Paste in Infinity Evolved Expert Mode... are those mana-infused Petals still in the Botania mod? Didn't we used to make them by dropping a petal into a Mana Pool? How come it isn't working for me? In Expert Mode, the Paste requires what appears to be 4 Light Blue Petals, but the Mana-Infused version of them.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
For you Botania experts, I'm having trouble making Anointing Paste in Infinity Evolved Expert Mode... are those mana-infused Petals still in the Botania mod? Didn't we used to make them by dropping a petal into a Mana Pool? How come it isn't working for me? In Expert Mode, the Paste requires what appears to be 4 Light Blue Petals, but the Mana-Infused version of them.
Not sure why, but others have the same problem. It's worked perfectly for me, although I'm on version 2.2.3 I believe.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure why, but others have the same problem. It's worked perfectly for me, although I'm on version 2.2.3 I believe.

I assume you meant 2.3.3, the current version... that's what we're playing as well. I'm still stumped and searching for answers. I can't progress without a Witch's Cauldron, which requires the Anointing Paste.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I assume you meant 2.3.3, the current version... that's what we're playing as well. I'm still stumped and searching for answers. I can't progress without a Witch's Cauldron, which requires the Anointing Paste.
No, I'm pretty sure I'm on 2.2.3

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
No, I'm pretty sure I'm on 2.2.3

Ok, so probably 2.2.2 (since that's the closest version to your numbers, although I suppose you could mean 2.1.3 as well)... which therefore would mean that these Magical Mod bugs are relatively new... which would explain why I'm not seeing anyone else having these same problems.

Thanks for your report, it helps to pin it down.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ok, so probably 2.2.2 (since that's the closest version to your numbers, although I suppose you could mean 2.1.3 as well)... which therefore would mean that these Magical Mod bugs are relatively new... which would explain why I'm not seeing anyone else having these same problems.

Thanks for your report, it helps to pin it down.
Botania did update somewhat recently to remove mana petals from the game. I'm guessing that the Minetweaker recipes were not updated to reflect that change.

You could probably fix it by either downgrading Botania to a version before that change, or by fixing the Minetweaker scripts manually.

Reactions: asb3pe

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Botania did update somewhat recently to remove mana petals from the game. I'm guessing that the Minetweaker recipes were not updated to reflect that change.

You could probably fix it by either downgrading Botania to a version before that change, or by fixing the Minetweaker scripts manually.
I'd probably start by testing out this hypothesis, which I like btw. Play botania without any MT scripts at all and confirm whether you can make the paste/cauldron.

It if works fine there, then its a modpack "bug" in the scripts referencing items that don't exist anymore.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
The recipe without expert mode tweaks is simply one of each seed. 2.2.3 is last version with mana petals (in infinity versioning), and this is where the problem lies, as the recipe included 4 cyan mana petals... which no longer exist. 2.3.4 has altered the recipes to avoid using the now depricated mana petals.

Reactions: asb3pe and Pyure

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Well this is indeed the risk when a modpack is tweaked to combine all the mods into all the recipes.... if one mod decides to suddenly change one of their major features or items.... it's chaos until the change propogates thru the community.

Of course, I'm one of the biggest fans of "expert mode" modpacks like Infinity Evolved, so we must take the good with the bad I suppose. Stuff like this will happen much more often to us in such a modpack. Patience is a virtue. :)

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Pyure

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Henry,

one of the versions of the packed ice is made with Botania, put regular ice around a Pure Daisy.Not sure if it's the one that works with chisel tho.If you already know this ignore me :)

I'll have to give that a try. But the packed ice I made was through TE machines and when I put it in the chisel all I get is more packed ice. I don't get the variants.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So I've decided to feed a Hungry Node...

My server mates think I've lost my mind, but I really want a nice big CV node, and the one I'm working on is slowly coming together.. very slowly...

Anywho, I've decided to feed it crafting tables, and thought I would use the Item Cannon from Openblocks. I set up a cannon and put a chest with crafting tables in it and hooked up a timer next to the cannon and nothing happened.

Does the cannon need a constant redstone power or pulse to make it work?

I want to set it up to an end chest that I'm going to pump full of crafting tables to feed the cannon to feed the node... will this work?

Reactions: Azzanine

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for that explanation, PhoLodge. And thanks for the code to fix it, I will certainly pass the info along. Hopefully the server operator will understand what an "MT script" is because I don't know... but that's why I don't run servers. LOL

I also don't understand what is meant by "or you could just mutate it on regular farmland". I think I tried that, but maybe I didn't? I planted the Water Artichoke like normal (in a water block, without cropsticks), and I planted the wheat a block away (with cropsticks) and left a block of tilled soil in between with double cropsticks. Perhaps you are saying "don't use double cropsticks" for the middle block? Maybe I'll just try the whole setup without any cropsticks at all and see.

Anyways, thanks for resolving this issue and passing the solution along!
No I quite literally mean that you'll be able to plant the water artichoke on cropsticks on farmland. That bug results in the water pad not getting registered as their soil block, so they default to having basic farmland as their soil.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
So I've decided to feed a Hungry Node...

My server mates think I've lost my mind, but I really want a nice big CV node, and the one I'm working on is slowly coming together.. very slowly...

Anywho, I've decided to feed it crafting tables, and thought I would use the Item Cannon from Openblocks. I set up a cannon and put a chest with crafting tables in it and hooked up a timer next to the cannon and nothing happened.

Does the cannon need a constant redstone power or pulse to make it work?

I want to set it up to an end chest that I'm going to pump full of crafting tables to feed the cannon to feed the node... will this work?
While I confess to not knowing much about the Item Cannons, I do remember from a spotlight that you need to use OpenBlocks' cursor item to tell it where to aim. If you haven't done that, I suspect that's your problem.

If you have aimed your cannon, you're probably just not powering it in the correct way. Try placing some levers next to it, on blocks next to it, etc. and see what works.

Also, I'm not sure which side of the chest the cannon needs to be on. If you put the cannon on top of the chest, try putting it on the side, or vice versa.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
What block is there in FTB Infinity Evolved that let you fill in big lakes.
I did create the empty lake base but I want to fill it so its looks natural.