Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Has anyone got working sphax BDcraft resource pack for regrowth 0.8.8? Latest that I can find is for 0.8, and I cannot load it :(
Sphax is a modular resource pack, meaning that you technically don't need somebody to put it together for you, just find the files for Sphax for that mod and put it into the resource pack file. Also, the older versions of the resource pack for regrowth should work, it's just any new blocks will be Minecraft textured.

L

lavi25

You haven't explained which part isn't working. Also, which pack was that setup from? How old? AE1 or AE2? ( I don't remember what AE1/2 interfaces look like)

edit: 2 years old, from watchful. AE1 then.

I'm using infinity evolved, so AE2. Maybe that's the problem? No items get into the Magma crucible or the Fluid transposer.

L

lavi25

In order to work, you'll need to ensure that those interfaces are receiving channels from an AE network. Have you done that?

Yes, they are on a dense me cable with plenty of channels left. Same goes for the me controler, only that dense cable on it. All devices are online, none are missing channels.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
You've also made sure to setup the TE machines input sides correctly right? That said it's possible somewhere in the updates of TE and AE2 that just doesn't work anymore and you'll need a buffer and some more complex piping.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes, they are on a dense me cable with plenty of channels left. Same goes for the me controler, only that dense cable on it. All devices are online, none are missing channels.
Can AE2 interfaces manage two machines? My recollection is that they're "attached" to a single machine now. In fact in its "block" form there are even arrows that instruct which machine its dedicated to.

L

lavi25

Can AE2 interfaces manage two machines? My recollection is that they're "attached" to a single machine now. In fact in its "block" form there are even arrows that instruct which machine its dedicated to.

Must be it, not possible anymore. There's always the chest/piping solution, but it's not optimal if you want to craft 2 things that requier different fluids at the same time.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Did anyone make Belladonna Seeds in Infinity Evolved Expert? I've learned about the Agricraft Water Pad for plants like Water Artichoke, but once I put a cropstick in the filled Water Pad, it won't accept the Water Artichoke seed. And if I just use a plain old water block to plant the Water Artichoke (with no cropsticks), then I don't get the mutation into Belladonna. What is the solution?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Did anyone make Belladonna Seeds in Infinity Evolved Expert? I've learned about the Agricraft Water Pad for plants like Water Artichoke, but once I put a cropstick in the filled Water Pad, it won't accept the Water Artichoke seed. And if I just use a plain old water block to plant the Water Artichoke (with no cropsticks), then I don't get the mutation into Belladonna. What is the solution?
I'm still poking around for a better answer, but look here to get started.
http://www.explosivenetworks.net/forum/m/8992776/viewthread/25338564-agricraft-water-artichoke-seeds

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Read this @asb3pe, it may address your question. I think (going back to your intuitiveness concern) that the problem is the difference between a water "trough" and a water "pad". The tool you use apparently results in one versus the other, and your seeds should be plantable on the correct one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebea...nfinity_evolved_agricraft_for_witchery_seeds/

Reactions: Dentvar

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah I don't know what they mean by "the vanilla modded way".

And I think for the reddit thread, they realize at the end that "water trough" and "water pad" are the same thing, just different terms for it. I'm doing what they say to do.

The problem I have is that I make the water pad, fill it with water, put the Agricraft sticks in, but then the Water Artichoke seeds (or the full plant, I tried that too) won't go into the sticks. Nothing happens.

And yeah, the other problem I'm having (as you're finding) is that there doesn't seem to be any answers for this problem out there on the web, let alone any reports of it besides those two that you found. I think there's a bug with the Water Artichoke/Agricraft/Water Pad in Infinity Expert.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

And I think for the reddit thread, they realize at the end that "water trough" and "water pad" are the same thing, just different terms for it. I'm doing what they say to do.

The problem I have is that I make the water pad, fill it with water, put the Agricraft sticks in, but then the Water Artichoke seeds (or the full plant, I tried that too) won't go into the sticks. Nothing happens.
Dammit.

Reactions: Mindfeak926

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

And yeah, the other problem I'm having (as you're finding) is that there doesn't seem to be any answers for this problem out there on the web, let alone any reports of it besides those two that you found. I think there's a bug with the Water Artichoke/Agricraft/Water Pad in Infinity Expert.
Quest continues. Its personal now.

This url suggests that you need to plant the W.A beside water rather than on it. Its kind of offhand so not super reliable but worth testing.
http://www.devcoftb.com/forum/m/159...980-cross-breeding-agricraft-style/post/last#

Edit1: This one looks a bit more interesting (and totally diff than above)
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...m-pack-now-listed.57184/page-589#post-1389244

Have you tried "filling" one of those water pads with water? I'd try a bucket and then various agricraft water infrastructure (I forget what they're called. Channels? Troughs?) It sounds like you can get water into a water pad and then plant on it. Sounds promising.

edit2: As per https://github.com/InfinityRaider/AgriCraft/issues/277 "4.) You have to sneak to place a crop stick on a water pad." Have you tried that?

Last edited:

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
An other Agricraft question:
Is there anyway to make the RNG for mutation go away or be smaller?
I sitting here using like 50-60 attamts for 1 mutation to happen.
Using a Cross for it.
-|f1|-
f2|m|f2
-|f1|-

"-"= free
"f1" = flower type 1
"f2"=Flower Type 2
"m" = mutation.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Quest continues. Its personal now.

This url suggests that you need to plant the W.A beside water rather than on it. Its kind of offhand so not super reliable but worth testing.
http://www.devcoftb.com/forum/m/159...980-cross-breeding-agricraft-style/post/last#

This one looks a bit more interesting (and totally diff than above)
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...m-pack-now-listed.57184/page-589#post-1389244

Have you tried "filling" one of those water pads with water? I'd try a bucket and then various agricraft water infrastructure (I forget what they're called. Channels? Troughs?) It sounds like you can get water into a water pad and then plant on it. Sounds promising.

I hear ya, brother... it's personal now. LOL :D

Found the first link, had the same insight as you did, tried it, didn't do anything. :) Second link is just informing about these "water pads" that don't seem to have any documentation anywhere so everybody is trying to describe them in their own terminology. Very confusing indeed to try and research this topic.

Lastly, yes I filled the water pads with water. If you don't fill them with a bucket, you can't put Agricraft sticks in, nor will a Water Artichoke seed plant in it. Once you fill it with water, you are then able to put the cropsticks onto that block, except then the artichoke seeds aren't accepted by the block. So all I get is an empty block with cropsticks that looks darn good, but won't do a darn thing. LOL and sigh

Going back a few posts... I've interpreted that phrase "do it the vanilla modded way" to mean - put the wheat seeds in cropsticks but just put the artichokes into a water block, then put the doublecropsticks in between those two and wait... the problem is, all I ever get is wheat, I don't get any belladonna. Tried it at least 10 times. So I'm assuming that's because the Water Artichokes require the cropsticks in order to produce a mutation with wheat seeds.

Another point: the actual mutation shown in NEI is "Water Artichoke seed + vanilla Minecraft Seed" - does this mean the mutation takes place between the seeds, as NEI shows, or does this mean we should have both plants at full maturity to perform a mutation, and therefore NEI *SHOULD* show the mutation as being between a full-grown Water Artichoke and a Wheat plant? This is confusing to me as well.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
An other Agricraft question:
Is there anyway to make the RNG for mutation go away or be smaller?
I sitting here using like 50-60 attamts for 1 mutation to happen.
Using a Cross for it.
-|f1|-
f2|m|f2
-|f1|-

"-"= free
"f1" = flower type 1
"f2"=Flower Type 2
"m" = mutation.
I believe the mod is highly configurable, you should check the config for it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I hear ya, brother... it's personal now. LOL :D

Found the first link, had the same insight as you did, tried it, didn't do anything. :) Second link is just informing about these "water pads" that don't seem to have any documentation anywhere so everybody is trying to describe them in their own terminology. Very confusing indeed to try and research this topic.

Lastly, yes I filled the water pads with water. If you don't fill them with a bucket, you can't put Agricraft sticks in, nor will a Water Artichoke seed plant in it. Once you fill it with water, you are then able to put the cropsticks onto that block, except then the artichoke seeds aren't accepted by the block. So all I get is an empty block with cropsticks that looks darn good, but won't do a darn thing. LOL and sigh
I'm seeing a lot of reports of this bug. I'm curious if you've tried the latest version of Agricraft in case its already been addressed? As you know, modpacks are a bit slower to update.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have control over the server I play on, but we're up-to-date I think... v2.3.3 of the Infinity Evolved Expert modpack. Whatever version of the mod is in the pack, that's what I have to work with, for better or worse.

What surprises me is that Belladonna seeds are required as literally the first step to progressing thru the Witchery mod in Infinity Evolved... so anyone attempting to use the mod would immediately get stuck like I have, and post a question (you would think). But I don't find any questions regarding this topic at all in FTB Forums, anywhere. Kinda odd. So then I begin to think "well, it must just be me, I'm doing something wrong - something stupid, that nobody else gets confused by". LOL

I am REALLY gonna kick myself if punching grass actually DOES give Belladonna... because then I've wasted not only my time, but your time as well Pyure. LOL As always, I appreciate your assistance. At this point I'm gonna go punch grass and see if that NEI recipe is bogus or not.

Last edited:

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I don't have control over the server I play on, but we're up-to-date I think... v2.3.3 of the Infinity Evolved Expert modpack.

Possibly not up to date enough.

https://github.com/InfinityRaider/AgriCraft/issues/532

I think he fixed it...yesterday :)
How to talk to the owner of the server:
"Hello, it's imposble to progress in magkc right now because of a bug that hasn't been fixed yet. Could you manually update Agricraft and anounce everybody playing on the server? Thank you."