Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Oddly enough the MFR laser is actually easier to get then a quarry, you'll need a vat and a sawmill to get plastic sheets but you should already have the latter and the form isn't particularly hard at all, MFR recipes are basically unchanged really.

The main issue is you need pink slime, while it can be easily mass produced after obtaining a pink slime via slime embiggening syringes getting the first pink slime is tricky as you need 1000mB of pink slime forma slaughterhouse, which spawns in something like 108mB amounts with what feels like a 1% chance per animal it kills.

If only you knew a way to easily and quickly spawn dozens of animals with only early-mid game tech right?

As a tip for metal, look into thaumcraft, bloodwood planks have 1 metallum each so can be converted into an iron nugget, and you can get a lot of bloodwood planks from a tree without the process of obtaining them, cutting, and converting to iron being too complex.

Reactions: Pyure

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm... I defenitly have to go home early today and check out some stuff I think :)
Just started with Botania and magic stuff so I still have a long way to automated thaumcraft things.... I am still thinking about how to entertain me meanwhile I research TC3 stuff for the 4.th time *hurray*
Thx for the hind.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hmmmm... I defenitly have to go home early today and check out some stuff I think :)
Just started with Botania and magic stuff so I still have a long way to automated thaumcraft things.... I am still thinking about how to entertain me meanwhile I research TC3 stuff for the 4.th time *hurray*
Thx for the hind.
I wonder if that ore-producing flower whose name escapes me can generate draconium ore.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oddly enough the MFR laser is actually easier to get then a quarry, you'll need a vat and a sawmill to get plastic sheets but you should already have the latter and the form isn't particularly hard at all, MFR recipes are basically unchanged really.
Oddly enough I've never built the MFR laser. It never really appealed to me. More oddly, the excavator seems like an interesting project to me. I can't really explain it.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if that ore-producing flower whose name escapes me can generate draconium ore.

No Idea... if it can, still not sure if its worth it. Cause as far as I understand it generates ores based on the rarity it has in worldgen. So it will be easier to farm it by hand then w8 for it to be created by a flower. As far as I´m aware there is no way to influence what ore the flower should spawn.

Oddly enough I've never built the MFR laser. It never really appealed to me. More oddly, the excavator seems like an interesting project to me. I can't really explain it.

Then I assume you never did play a 1.6 kitchen sink pack :) Cause otherwise you just did not used the most OP self sustaining power that there were. (Big reactor powering a MFR laser that produces more yellorium then it needs to make the generator work)
Also as all Immersive Engineering maschines, they are just cool. Nice sound(not the silly GT sound), huge multiblocks, easy recipts and ok power use that can be archived by the own mod power.
I´m thinking on make my ore processing with a Crusher. Or even a mod grinder.
It kind of reminds me of a video that showed how chicken Nuggets were made. Its the same. Mobs(chickens) were just throw into a giang crusher from above.... (maybe I should be worried wanting something like this in my MC world?)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Then I assume you never did play a 1.6 kitchen sink pack :) Cause otherwise you just did not used the most OP self sustaining power that there were. (Big reactor powering a MFR laser that produces more yellorium then it needs to make the generator work)
Played Unleashed like most people, but once I got into Unhinged, it was a quick transition into dedicated hardmode packs.

The only official pack I play now is Infinity/expert, and I'm avoiding or only lightly-utilizing any self-sustaining power solutions (I just tore down my reactant dynamo setup in lieu of nuclear power)

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
The orechid? I've never seen it make one yet. Draconium is super rare in the overworld, and if I remember correctly the orechid generates based on rarity. So you see a lot more coal than diamonds etc etc..

Set one up in the end though, might be beneficial

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Played Unleashed like most people, but once I got into Unhinged, it was a quick transition into dedicated hardmode packs.

The only official pack I play now is Infinity/expert, and I'm avoiding or only lightly-utilizing any self-sustaining power solutions (I just tore down my reactant dynamo setup in lieu of nuclear power)
Unleashed and Unhinged? Thkse were for 1.5. 1.6 had Ultimate. Monster. I'm such a derp sometimes

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I might have touched Ultimate briefly, I forget :\

I think I played Horizons for a bit. Brilliant idea for a pack btw, glad they did a sequel.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I might have touched Ultimate briefly, I forget :\

I think I played Horizons for a bit. Brilliant idea for a pack btw glad they did a sequel.
Ultimate also had Gregtech(it was in 1.4 and I derped in that post, anyway, 1.4 Gregtech seemed fun, actually Gregtech seems fun in General, and I'm saying that it had GT because you seem to like harder mods/packs).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ultimate also had Gregtech(it was in 1.4 and I derped in that post, anyway, 1.4 Gregtech seemed fun, actually Gregtech seems fun in General, and I'm saying that it had GT because you seem to like harder mods/packs).
Actually you've successfully reminded me.

Ultimate was my first FTB Pack. Then Unleashed. Then Unhinged. Then Horizons.

I never touched Monster. I was already into third-party packs by this point since they catered to more narrow niches (Infitech2 is a fantastic GT-based pack)

We've sidetracked the thread :\

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Actually you've successfully reminded me.

Ultimate was my first FTB Pack. Then Unleashed. Then Unhinged. Then Horizons.

I never touched Monster. I was already into third-party packs by this point since they catered to more narrow niches (Infitech2 is a fantastic GT-based pack)

We've sidetracked the thread :\
Yeah, =/. Let's sidetrack it more!

Does anybody know where I can find some good documentation on Academycraft?

LeQwasd

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone got working sphax BDcraft resource pack for regrowth 0.8.8? Latest that I can find is for 0.8, and I cannot load it :(

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to get bee specialties? I'm trying for Gendustry-based lubricant production using slippery bees, and I get the main combs (dripping, stringy, and honey), but not the slippery combs I need to get lubricant. The slippery bees want normal on both temp and humidity, and I'm in a rainbow forest biome, which should be right in the sweet spot, but I've gotten nothing, and the chances for the slippery combs are listed as, I believe, 15%.

[Also, dear god that post reads super-dirty with almost no changes.]

Reactions: Mindfeak926

thefnitalian

Jul 29, 2019
I can go do that BEFORE killing the dragon? The two events are not related at all? So if there's a ritual to resurrect the Dragon, what about these Chaos Guardians? Do they respawn automatically? Are they one-time deals? Is there a ritual to re-spawn them too?

On a server, I need to be considerate of other players, I can't always just go off and do my own thing, such as killing the Dragon or the Chaos Guardian, unless I know for certain that it won't impact anyone else's game experience.

Normally I would not go to The End at all until we're all ready... but someone told me that you can go to The End and NOT kill the dragon and STILL get out. I was nervous about it, but they were correct. Both the "/spawn" command on our server and also my GraviSuite Relocator worked perfectly.
They are one time deals and are alot harder than the dragon but not related to resurrecting the dragon.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Anyone know how to get bee specialties? I'm trying for Gendustry-based lubricant production using slippery bees, and I get the main combs (dripping, stringy, and honey), but not the slippery combs I need to get lubricant. The slippery bees want normal on both temp and humidity, and I'm in a rainbow forest biome, which should be right in the sweet spot, but I've gotten nothing, and the chances for the slippery combs are listed as, I believe, 15%.

Every bee I've ever dealt this it just a random chance. If you are using Gendustry also make sure to add a production upgrades as well. The only thing that I know that controls the combs produced is the species of the bee.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Bee specialties (and I'm referring to items listed as Specialties in the bees' entry in Binnie's apiarist database; I'm not sure if vanilla Forestry, Gendustry, or the NEI plugin make that distinction anywhere) will only be produced if the apiary is located with a biome whose climate the bee tolerates natively, ignoring changes due to artificial heating/cooling and probably artificially-increased temperature and humidity tolerance as well. So double-check the bees' preferred temperature and humidity and their species' default tolerance, as well as the exact climate of the biome you're in. If that all matches, you should definitely be getting the specialty products- but if not, you'll have to move somewhere else.