Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
M

minestar77

GregTech is BY FAR the most realistic mod you will be able to play. Why?

(...)

GregTech is currently in a very few FTB modpacks - Infitech 2 is the one I play, its at the bottom of the Third Party modpack list.

Do you know a/some good youtube series where people play with GregTech and I can learn something from them?

They can be older also. I did a bit research on GregTech and just read that some people liked the GregTech in 1.4/1.5/the older versions more and it got worse until now.

Which are the differences and is it better to use the old versions or to use the new one and adjust the config file to my needs?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
The Stats or the Textures or both or what?
Mariculture overrides the vanilla fish item by default, and has a config option to stop it from doing so. To me the crash log looks like Hunger Overhaul is getting confused by there being more metadata in use on that ID than it expects.

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
What's the correct way to supply stored mana to a runic altar? I've been supplying mana from generating flowers with a mana spreader so far. Surely that's not the only way to do it? I haven't been able to get a spreader to pull from a mana pool so far.

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Try placing your Mana Spreader adjacent to the Mana Pool. Then use your Wand of the Forest to select the Spreader, then tell it where to send the Mana (not at my computer currently, but I believe these are both a right-click function). Make sure the path between the Spreader and the Runic Altar is free of obstruction, as without lenses, the stream of Mana can't pass through blocks.

Edit: Later in Botania, you can use Sparks to move Mana between Mana Pools, but I think you still need a Spreader to power the Altar.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Try placing your Mana Spreader adjacent to the Mana Pool. Then use your Wand of the Forest to select the Spreader, then tell it where to send the Mana (not at my computer currently, but I believe these are both a right-click function).
Shift-right-click for both. You can have multiple spreaders pointed at the altar for faster processing.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Stuck again on Bottled Taint in Regrowth. I had this problem in my Infinity world, can't remember how I solved it. I have unlocked Entropic Processing and Liquid Death, also the Eldritch tab.

There are plenty of search engine hits for people asking this, but no definitive answers anywhere! Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Pack: FTB Infinity Evolved Expert 2.2.2

Question: I want to get Industrial Hemp Seeds for the Industrial Squeezer. I got the Agricraft Seed but all it yield is Hemp not the Seeds. How do I get a decent amount of Hemp Seeds?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

Question: I want to get Industrial Hemp Seeds for the Industrial Squeezer. I got the Agricraft Seed but all it yield is Hemp not the Seeds. How do I get a decent amount of Hemp Seeds?

Use double crops (like you would for crossbreeding) to expand your seeds to a new crop. Then, if you dig up the crop, you will get the seeds planted on it back.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Use double crops (like you would for crossbreeding) to expand your seeds to a new crop. Then, if you dig up the crop, you will get the seeds planted on it back.
Thats how I get more seeds to grow. But I need the plant to give me Seeds when I harvest it since the Squeezer does requeire the Seeds not the Hemp(harves product of hemp crop)

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Well I will grow Agricraft Pumpkins and then send the Pumpkins to a LogisticCraft AutoCrafting Table and then use their Seeds. Should work :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Thats how I get more seeds to grow. But I need the plant to give me Seeds when I harvest it since the Squeezer does requeire the Seeds not the Hemp(harves product of hemp crop)
Dentvar, you could make a grass-farm that uses fertilizer (very cheap in this pack) to right-click a grass area (via an autonomous activator possibly), and then block-breakers to break the plants that pop up, and then vacuum chest to pick up the drops.

I had a friend do this once for another type of plant and he was able to crank out tons in a few seconds. The trick will be filtering for the seed(s) you want and trashing the rest.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Dentvar, you could make a grass-farm that uses fertilizer (very cheap in this pack) to right-click a grass area (via an autonomous activator possibly), and then block-breakers to break the plants that pop up, and then vacuum chest to pick up the drops.

I had a friend do this once for another type of plant and he was able to crank out tons in a few seconds. The trick will be filtering for the seed(s) you want and trashing the rest.

Also a nice Idea. Since I already got the harvester and everything setup in a huge tower with different levels for each seed type the Pumpkin method will be faster for me :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

Not sure if it would work for hemp, but occasionally shears will give you the full plant rather than the harvest product. Some of them have recipies to make seeds from the plant form.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

I've found that I can grow industrial hemp fine without needing crops.

Reactions: asb3pe