Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you guys brought this up, I was trying to remember the name of the thing that would let me feed thermalillies if I ever get into botania.
I personally like Blood Magic and Use Ritual of the Nether for TL . You get it early on, you dont need a big infrastructure, and its maintenance free but thats just me :)

C

CyborgTinkerer

I personally like Blood Magic and Use Ritual of the Nether for TL . You get it early on, you dont need a big infrastructure, and its maintenance free but thats just me :)
I just use fountains from MFR. it's way easier and u don't need to be worried about the LP

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I just use fountains from MFR. it's way easier and u don't need to be worried about the LP
it doesnt take a big system. You get rituals early so if you dont want to get into BM you can get the ritual very quick. Something i learned today tho is Botania changed the way TL work in their big update and these set ups wont work any longer. Makes them useless IMO, ill stick with Endoflame now :/

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a block that is early-mid game that allows crouching to make it solid, and if you're just standing, you'll pass through it? I know the thaumcraft one, but that requires a lot of progress through the mod.

Ben Serwa

Jul 29, 2019
In Regrowth, is there a way in earlyish mid-game to automate Entropinnyum mana generation? I've got a Stripes Transport Pipe set up to place the TNT but I need to send only one TNT down the pipe every 20 seconds.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
In Regrowth, is there a way in earlyish mid-game to automate Entropinnyum mana generation? I've got a Stripes Transport Pipe set up to place the TNT but I need to send only one TNT down the pipe every 20 seconds.
The hourglass from botania maybe? I think they are fairly easy to make, not sure how much regrow rh changes things though.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
im sure buildcraft gates can upgraded with a clock expansion in the integration table , what this does this do ? u can set one of the gates triggers to be one trigger every 30 seconds (and some other preset numbers ) and if u have the pulsating expansion(autoaritic or something close to that) too on it u can have it automatically pull 1 item every trigger

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
im sure buildcraft gates can upgraded with a clock expansion in the integration table , what this does this do ? u can set one of the gates triggers to be one trigger every 30 seconds (and some other preset numbers ) and if u have the pulsating expansion(autoaritic or something close to that) too on it u can have it automatically pull 1 item every trigger
That's probably the most compact way to do it. If you've got Project Red, you could also use a 30-second timer connected to a State Cell set for a second or two, and have that feed into a Redstone Engine (or a Wooden Engine, if they've renamed it to that) on your wooden pipe. You'll have to tweak the State Cell delay so that the engine runs for long enough to pull out one TNT, but not so long that it pulls out two. I don't precisely remember the process for creating the chip needed in the state cell, but I'm pretty sure it's not nearly as expensive as a BC laser setup.

Or, you could go somewhat more Vanilla and put the TNT in a dropper connected to a 30-second timer (and maybe an Open Crate), then use something else to place it. An obsidian pipe next to a stripes pipe would do it, as would a Rannuncarpus (the pure Botania solution).

Reactions: CyborgTinkerer
C

CyborgTinkerer

Yeah dude. U can use redstone to automate it but it's a bit complicated but easy. I suggest u go watch direwolf 20 letsplay 1.7. I remember him doing some crazy botania automations after his AE was set up. also ur setup is pretty neat too. use a timer from project red and a cobble stone structure pipe from build craft. That way u don't have to worry about ur pools filling up. HF

C

CyborgTinkerer

Guys I have a question. I made a neat agricraft-magicalcrop setup and crafted myself some Iron seeds.Struggling to automate them I found agricraft farming station witch is pretty end game. Can anybody give me adivce on automating it. I'm thinking of thaumcraft golems or ancient warfare npc's. please help. My pack has horrible Iron ore spawn

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I was testing the effect of redstone on hoppers using a lever and somehow accidentally powered the redstone engine attached to the wooden pipe attached to the chest full of TNT.

TNT for mana gen in regrowth is really tricky, you don't have a lot of options and early/mid game you probably don't have AE so Botania is probably the way to go. There is a flower (can't remember the name) that can place a block on a matching block to the one under the dirt that the flower is on. So a 3x3 obsidian base with an obsidian 1 high wall around it and the middle (3x3) block replaced by a chisel obsidian (or similar blast resistant block) to match the same block 1 below the flower, add water in the 3x3 and use a timer system to drop the TNT to the flower that places the TNT. Place the Entropinnyum on the four corner wall blocks. Craft TNT using auto crafters if they are less derpy than they were a few months back

Note: This is all theory as I have only made a similar system in an earlier version, I stuck with coal in Regrowth for the simplicity. Good luck

Reactions: CyborgTinkerer