Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
AHA! So I was right, and it was a recent bug that developed? Well... thanks for the updates guys. I guess I'll just wait for a pack update because that's the only way it will get pushed to our server - I know he likes to use modpacks with zero customization (such as updating one specific mod would be a customization). I can wait, all I wanted was an answer to this and I'll assume that we now have it thanks to your dogged research Pyure, and RealKC.... thanks guys.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
AHA! So I was right, and it was a recent bug that developed? Well... thanks for the updates guys. I guess I'll just wait for a pack update because that's the only way it will get pushed to our server - I know he likes to use modpacks with zero customization (such as updating one specific mod would be a customization). I can wait, all I wanted was an answer to this and I'll assume that we now have it thanks to your dogged research Pyure, and RealKC.... thanks guys.
Just for knowledge-base reasons I'd kill to know if updating the pack (on your end, and then reverting it after) solved the problem. But don't sweat it too much :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Just for knowledge-base reasons I'd kill to know if updating the pack (on your end, and then reverting it after) solved the problem. But don't sweat it too much :)

Well... now that we know there is both a problem, and a potential solution to it... perhaps someone else running v2.3.3 of the modpack will see this thread, update Agricraft, and let the community know how it turns out. I avoid messing with modpacks like the plague. LOL

But again, I can't thank you enough Pyure for always being so helpful.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well... now that we know there is both a problem, and a potential solution to it... perhaps someone else running v2.3.3 of the modpack will see this thread, update Agricraft, and let the community know how it turns out. I avoid messing with modpacks like the plague. LOL

But again, I can't thank you enough Pyure for always being so helpful.
No worries :)

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
An other Agricraft question:
Is there anyway to make the RNG for mutation go away or be smaller?
I sitting here using like 50-60 attamts for 1 mutation to happen.
Using a Cross for it.
-|f1|-
f2|m|f2
-|f1|-

"-"= free
"f1" = flower type 1
"f2"=Flower Type 2
"m" = mutation.
In my opinion you're better off Doing the below setup rather than yours. The reason being you have 6 different combos working with your setup and 2 of them wont give you any mutations just a breed of 2 of the same flowers, it works straight across and in a L shape. Top that off with the chance of a mutation not happening i could see the amount of times failed mutations could be a big number. The way i have below i usually don't have more than 3 tries on default configs of any mod pack.

Setup:
F1-M-F2

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Galactic Science: How exactly am I supposed to do nether and end materials? End stone needs gallium which is only available in end stone, and I can't sieve it. Same with beryllium for nether quartz, if I had an alloy smelter I could maybe do it, but that needs desh and I'm on the moon.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
An other Agricraft question:
Is there anyway to make the RNG for mutation go away or be smaller?
I sitting here using like 50-60 attamts for 1 mutation to happen.
Using a Cross for it.
-|f1|-
f2|m|f2
-|f1|-

"-"= free
"f1" = flower type 1
"f2"=Flower Type 2
"m" = mutation.

Actually the best I found is a diagonal setup.

F1 | M
M | F2

This gives you two spots for mutation and only uses one of each parent flower/seed.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How to talk to the owner of the server:
"Hello, it's imposble to progress in magkc right now because of a bug that hasn't been fixed yet. Could you manually update Agricraft and anounce everybody playing on the server? Thank you."

Here's my way. LOL
"Dear Server Operator: can you please leave a stack of Belladonna and Mandrake seeds in the "Free Stuff" chest at spawn? There's a bug with Water Artichokes and Agricraft Water Pads that is preventing mutations, and therefore, preventing any progression thru Witchery. Thanks."

Updating mods and modpacks is a big deal on our server... but creative-spawning in an item or two isn't a big deal (if it's deemed legitimate). :)

Last edited:
Reactions: prendolin and Pyure

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, we discovered it over in the Regrowth thread. Turns out to have been a divide by 0 error with the witchery compat that resulted from one of the changes in
1.4.6. Unfortunately it also results in snowbell seeds not producing snowballs at all when on agricraft cropsticks, and the mandrake mob not being spawned when harvesting mandrake on crop sticks.

However, you CAN still manually use a MT script to set the soil for the artichoke to correctly be on water pads (or you could just mutate it on regular farmland, since that's what it's defaulting to), which is something that can be done purely serverside. So you may be able to convince your server admin to add the following to a script file server side to fix it for everyone:
Code:
import mods.agricraft.growing.Soil;

val seedArtichoke = <witchery:seedsartichoke>;
val waterPadFull = <AgriCraft:waterPadFull:7>;

Soil.set(seedArtichoke, waterPadFull);

Last edited:
Reactions: prendolin

prendolin

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, we discovered it over in the Regrowth thread. Turns out to have been a divide by 0 error with the witchery compat that resulted from one of the changes in
1.4.6. Unfortunately it also results in snowbell seeds not producing snowballs at all when on agricraft cropsticks, and the mandrake mob not being spawned when harvesting mandrake on crop sticks.

So THAT'S why snowballs weren't a thing from them anymore. That really threw a wrench in my gears when I was planning gelid cryotheum creation.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Actually the best I found is a diagonal setup.

F1 | M
M | F2

This gives you two spots for mutation and only uses one of each parent flower/seed.

Thanks. For the next playthrough I will know... I now already finished and was to stupid to think on my own :(
Just followed a random guide I found and turns out it was not as good as it seemed.
Took me like 4 days(playing each day 2-3 hours) to get all normal and botania flowers breed.
But at least I have them al at 10/10/10 now.
Wont need that much of them ever for sure hahahahaha. But I did it.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
So a few things about Extra Utils Item Filters, because I'm currently away from my computer and unable to test it.

Are they, by default, white or blacklist? How about when put in a trashcan, if that changes?

If I do the filter inside a filter thing, and apply, say, fuzzy to the parent filter, do the child filters also fuzzy match?

And a question not about the filters - in plain Direwolf20 1.7.10, what are my options for digging large spherical areas? I could use Computer craft or ask the server admin to update RFTools - what else is there, if anything?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So a few things about Extra Utils Item Filters, because I'm currently away from my computer and unable to test it.

Are they, by default, white or blacklist? How about when put in a trashcan, if that changes?
The filters are whitelist by default. You can craft one with a redstone torch to make it an "inverted" filter, which I gather means blacklist.

(Learned last night :p)

Reactions: Firnagzen

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
When you say put "in" a trashcan...that would just delete your filter wouldn't it?

Oh neat: " The Filter may also be used with the Trash Can by placing it in the slot (it will not be discarded)."
http://ftbwiki.org/Item_Filter_(Extra_Utilities)

(Learned today)
Bingo.

Any idea about the nested Item Filters?

(I take an item filter that say, filters bows, and I put it into a fuzzy items filter and put that into a transfer node. Does it move bows or not?)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Bingo.

Any idea about the nested Item Filters?

(I take an item filter that say, filters bows, and I put it into a fuzzy items filter and put that into a transfer node. Does it move bows or not?)
Well the nice thing about this one is its easy to test :p I don't actually know the answer offhand.

Guessing you're trying to keep a mobfarm chest clean. Only thing I can think of that would require filtering a ton of fuzzy items.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

However, you CAN still manually use a MT script to set the soil for the artichoke to correctly be on water pads (or you could just mutate it on regular farmland, since that's what it's defaulting to), which is something that can be done purely serverside. So you may be able to convince your server admin to add the following to a script file server side to fix it for everyone:
Code:
import mods.agricraft.growing.Soil;

val seedArtichoke = <witchery:seedsartichoke>;
val waterPadFull = <AgriCraft:waterPadFull:7>;

Soil.set(seedArtichoke, waterPadFull);

Thanks for that explanation, PhoLodge. And thanks for the code to fix it, I will certainly pass the info along. Hopefully the server operator will understand what an "MT script" is because I don't know... but that's why I don't run servers. LOL

I also don't understand what is meant by "or you could just mutate it on regular farmland". I think I tried that, but maybe I didn't? I planted the Water Artichoke like normal (in a water block, without cropsticks), and I planted the wheat a block away (with cropsticks) and left a block of tilled soil in between with double cropsticks. Perhaps you are saying "don't use double cropsticks" for the middle block? Maybe I'll just try the whole setup without any cropsticks at all and see.

Anyways, thanks for resolving this issue and passing the solution along!

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Well the nice thing about this one is its easy to test :p I don't actually know the answer offhand.

Guessing you're trying to keep a mobfarm chest clean. Only thing I can think of that would require filtering a ton of fuzzy items.
Yup! Just so. I would test it, and probably will if no one answers, but I don't have access to my computer for a while. Sooooo I'm asking in hopes that someone knows so that it doesn't keep bothering me. :p