Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know a good resource for texture pack creation? I have a photoshop artist that now owes me a favor (laughs evilly)
What do you mean? Just like editing skins, you can edit the raw texture files of a template using your preferred image editor. Just look up a tutorial on how to get a template resource pack.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
How can I adjust the generation of a normal Minecraft world to include water above what normally generates to X height for a 1.7 modpack?

Last edited:

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Not that I can remember. You can disable mobs, but since baby zombies are almost exactly the same as zombies code-wise (they have the same class, the only difference is a byte), I doubt it'll work on them.
Ah. That's unfortunate. I feel like I've seen something somewhere that disables hostile baby mobs, somehow, but I might be mistaken.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is the right place but in my pack I want more uses for custom Magical Crops essence that I made. I have Essence of life for blood magic and that makes a bucket of life(blood) so far and essence of mana(Botania) does nothing. What would you suggest I use them for?

Puke

Jul 29, 2019
Hey !
Did NEI changed between Infinity 1.6.2 and 1.8.2 ?
On 1.6.2 when I shift + clic on the question mark, the game will try to fill the crafting table with the materials in my inventory, even if I miss some, but in 1.8.2, the game does nothing until a got all the materials in my inv.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Hey !
On 1.6.2 when I shift + clic on the question mark, the game will try to fill the crafting table with the materials in my inventory, even if I miss some, but in 1.8.2, the game does nothing until a got all the materials in my inv.

You might need to check the hotkey

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Hey !
That only happens in an ME Interface. Elsewhere it won't do it. Nothing changed.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of a mod that involves a lot of water in Infinity?

In my base, I have different themed rooms with different functions. I want to harvest squid for ink in a nautical themed room and I've already thought about using Biomes O' Plenty coral for aquariums around the room. However since Mariculture isn't in Infinity (and I have no desire to add it), does anyone have any "water-related" suggestions for what else I could use the room for? Or if nothing else, any aesthetic ideas? I've thought about making the room look like a shipwreck with holes that look out into aquariums.

Edit: I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶3̶x̶3̶x̶3̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶q̶u̶i̶d̶.̶ ̶H̶o̶w̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶c̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶s̶a̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶.̶ ̶D̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶c̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶m̶o̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶q̶u̶i̶d̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶Y̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶c̶h̶e̶r̶?̶

I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶d̶u̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶1̶0̶0̶%̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶l̶y̶.̶

Found a solution to my problem. It appears Ender IO redstone conduits either stop a rancher from working, or stop item conduits from extracting, even at the correct setting.

Edit 2: This isn't relevant to the post above, but does anyone know if Filters on Ender IO item conduits filter weapons and armor regardless of condition? For example, if I chose to filter a gold chestplate into a trashcan, would it filter gold chestplates of any damage?

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Edit 2: This isn't relevant to the post above, but does anyone know if Filters on Ender IO item conduits filter weapons and armor regardless of condition? For example, if I chose to filter a gold chestplate into a trashcan, would it filter gold chestplates of any damage?

I think the advanced filter does - but it is easy to test with 2 chests, a item duct, an advanced filter and a few items!

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
No need to repeat yourself - if you don't get a reply it is usually because nobody knows how to answer you. People who do know are not on-line but will look back at questions when they return. I have no idea how you do that BTW

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
No need to repeat yourself - if you don't get a reply it is usually because nobody knows how to answer you. People who do know are not on-line but will look back at questions when they return. I have no idea how you do that BTW
Really? I didn't think it would be this hard, I figured if the new Minecraft world generation settings didn't do it there would be some mod that does...

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hey !

I experience this too... If I'm making an item in the crafting station (I like the half height and ability to have a chest available while crafting) and have all of the ingredients except one then nothing transfers to the grid when I Shft-click the question mark until I add or make the missing item. I think this may be a feature so you don't have to clear the grid to make said item. Transferring the ghost recipe with Ctrl-click works fine no matter what.

It's been like this for me for quite a while, and happens in both Infinity and Direwolf20.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
SquidUtils?
What about it?

Oh I see.

Really? I didn't think it would be this hard, I figured if the new Minecraft world generation settings didn't do it there would be some mod that does...
I mean just a start at height X, if equals air block replace with water, if not water then stop and go forward, if it is water go down, repeat.

Last edited:

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I mean just a start at height X, if equals air block replace with water, if not water then stop and go forward, if it is water go down, repeat.
This doesn't sound too difficult to code, but I think it'd be hell for world generation. Also, I've never heard of the idea, so I doubt it exists right now. I don't claim to be the most well-informed, however.