Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
ComputerCraft uses JavaScript programming language?
LUA as Padfoote correctly mentions. It is rather easy to pick up. I manage to get by with extremely limited understanding from a few courses on HTML and Cbasic/basic C or whatver it is called :confused:(This is a good indication of what my level of understanding is at :p)

The Computercraft Wiki will help you out and be a very good source of information on all the specific CC stuff:
http://www.computercraft.info/wiki/Main_Page

Like if you want to do something with redstone signals:
http://www.computercraft.info/wiki/Redstone_(API)
It almost always have detailed descriptions of each function/command/whatever and examples of how to use them(this is really helpful for nabs like me that dont always understand the definitions of them :p).

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
LUA as Padfoote correctly mentions. It is rather easy to pick up. I manage to get by with extremely limited understanding from a few courses on HTML and Cbasic/basic C or whatver it is called :confused:(This is a good indication of what my level of understanding is at :p)

The Computercraft Wiki will help you out and be a very good source of information on all the specific CC stuff:
http://www.computercraft.info/wiki/Main_Page

Like if you want to do something with redstone signals:
http://www.computercraft.info/wiki/Redstone_(API)
It almost always have detailed descriptions of each function/command/whatever and examples of how to use them(this is really helpful for nabs like me that dont always understand the definitions of them :p).
Thank you! :)
I've learned JavaScript HTML&CSS, so I hope it's not so hard :)

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with mob spawns on a custom pack. Mobs are spawning inside my house even though the F7 shows everything as lit up. I'm lit up with carpenter's blocks in the floor and ceiling that contain glowstone dust. I don't think any of the mods in my pack (it's a fairly small fun pack) do anything to mob spawning to make it special in any way. Any recommendations on other ways to check to see if mobs can spawn at a place aside from the F7 for light levels check?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thank you! :)
I've learned JavaScript HTML&CSS, so I hope it's not so hard :)
You are welcome to get a free laugh, pick up some bad habits and possible some idea of the language from browsing my nooby pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/u/rhn
That is one of the things that helped me the most: Looking at and picking other peoples code apart.
(Disclaimer: Some of the stuff there I did not write myself, but is merely storing there for ease of access. Other things I copied parts of from other people.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Niidikene

Richard Xu

Jul 29, 2019
AE2 autocrafting: After setting up the autocrafting system for AE2, it seems like you have to wait for the item to run out before you can hit "craft" and ask for the desired amount. I was watching direwolf20's video where he somehow bypassed that. What's the key binding for that?

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
I still don't fully grasp the concept of ME controllers, I always see people posting photos of having several me controllers in their bases, whats the benefit of having more than one controller? Back in AE1 you only needed one controller.

Richard Xu

Jul 29, 2019
Well more ME controller = more channels. However since they have multiple me controllers, I don't know if you're referring to a multiblock controller, or multiple parent/child networks. If the first one, then yes, more controller = more channels = easier time automating. Meanwhile, the parent/child network just allows you to have a crap ton of channels in subnetwork.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
AE2 autocrafting: After setting up the autocrafting system for AE2, it seems like you have to wait for the item to run out before you can hit "craft" and ask for the desired amount. I was watching direwolf20's video where he somehow bypassed that. What's the key binding for that?
In the pattern interface(?), the one where you encode patterns, there's a button. It's under the sorting method button in the upper left. Click that until it says something like "show craftable."

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I still don't fully grasp the concept of ME controllers, I always see people posting photos of having several me controllers in their bases, whats the benefit of having more than one controller? Back in AE1 you only needed one controller.
Basically an ME controller can connect 32 channels per side ...so ....having more controllers gives you more sides and therefor more channels

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
The default is the mouse wheel - some people are not aware the mouse wheel is also a button, hover over the item and click brings up the crafting order regardless of the number of items in the system

dluxcru

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue with /gamerule KeepInventory true. I have cheats enabled, and the game reports the gamerule updated when the command is run. I've run into this problem playing the Cloud 9 pack, and with a custom pack built from FTB Lite 3. (The one mod that is for sure common to both of them is Advent of Ascension.) Does anyone else have issues like these? I was wondering if anyone's heard of a mod that disabled gamerule keepInventory?

TheOramgebananna

Jul 29, 2019
Questiomn, although it may not be so simple: i have installed certain 1.7.10 modpacks, and on getting theforge loadup screen, on page 2/5 (pre-initialization) upon coming to the part where it loads the mod CofhCore, i get a pop-up and my minecraft client goes to not-responding, and the popup says "java SE Binary is not responding" windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. i have already tried deleting the libraries folder, modpack, updating java, and deleting and reinstalling java. any ideas? no crash report

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Questiomn, although it may not be so simple: i have installed certain 1.7.10 modpacks, and on getting theforge loadup screen, on page 2/5 (pre-initialization) upon coming to the part where it loads the mod CofhCore, i get a pop-up and my minecraft client goes to not-responding, and the popup says "java SE Binary is not responding" windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. i have already tried deleting the libraries folder, modpack, updating java, and deleting and reinstalling java. any ideas? no crash report
If you don't have Java 8 increase PermGen, if you have Java 8 make sure you get 64bit, if this isn't the problem let me know

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Update your drivers using the site from your GPU manufacturer, this may or may not fix it. If it does not make a new thread with a log and computer specs but I fear its a thing in cofh core that makes it unable to launch for certain(especially older) GPU's and thus only can be solved by buying a new GPU.

TheOramgebananna

Jul 29, 2019
Update your drivers using the site from your GPU manufacturer, this may or may not fix it. If it does not make a new thread with a log and computer specs but I fear its a thing in cofh core that makes it unable to launch for certain(especially older) GPU's and thus only can be solved by buying a new GPU.
how can i figure this out? im knowledgable about tech for my age, but then again... im only 12.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
how can i figure this out? im knowledgable about tech for my age, but then again... im only 12.
First you need to know what your GPU is, this should explain how to know that(not on windows right now so can't check).
Then if you use an intel GPU go to this site and you should be able to download the needed driver from here after entering the name of your GPU. If its a amd or nvidia card go to their website instead and look around a bit, there should be a place to search for drivers for your GPU.