Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question that may be a bit obscure - with the in game achievements I have only just found out via a DW20 video that there are achievement tabs for mods now. I have not bothered with achievements for ages because they would reset with updates. So the question is - Do the achievements still reset and if they do is there a way to save/keep/restore them?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question that may be a bit obscure - with the in game achievements I have only just found out via a DW20 video that there are achievement tabs for mods now. I have not bothered with achievements for ages because they would reset with updates. So the question is - Do the achievements still reset and if they do is there a way to save/keep/restore them?
My achievements have not reset and I am updating my mods every week.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with getting oil into my refinery, I've looked at a demo setup and I can't see what is wrong with my system. If I put a bucket of oil in it works just fine, I just can't figure out why the pipes don't pump oil in. This is a screenshot of my setup.

http://i.imgur.com/aEV8ufb.png
Oil needs to go in on the side with the two oil tanks adjacent, opposite the side you've put your output pipes on.

Why is EnderIO not as popular as it should be? I mean I will watch Let's Plays and people jump to IC2 and Thermal Expansion instead of EnderIO. I mean people use the conduits but the mod has lots of underrated machines, like the Dimensional Transceiver which I prefer over the Tesseract. I mean maybe there is something wrong with the mod that I don't see/care about but why is it not way more popular?
I think EnderIO stuff is more expensive. Instead of requiring various common-ish metals like TE, it requires a ton of iron and various rare drops like heads.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I've decided to try and make my own modpack since none of the FTB packs excites me anymore. The pack will just be for me, SSP, not for anybody else.

Q: Where is the best place to go find good mods? Of course I know all about the popular mods like Thermal Expansion (CoFH core) or EnderIO... but I ask my question because there are probably good mods out there which I don't know about. Where is the best place to go browse thru mods? Is it Curse nowadays? Are all mods listed there (probably not)? How do you find out about new mods?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Okay I've decided to try and make my own modpack since none of the FTB packs excites me anymore. The pack will just be for me, SSP, not for anybody else.

Q: Where is the best place to go find good mods? Of course I know all about the popular mods like Thermal Expansion (CoFH core) or EnderIO... but I ask my question because there are probably good mods out there which I don't know about. Where is the best place to go browse thru mods? Is it Curse nowadays? Are all mods listed there (probably not)? How do you find out about new mods?
Skydaz (most are silly but there are a couple gems), Curse, watching Forgecraft 2 players, looking at the mods lists of Third Party Packs, regular FTB packs, and, most especially, Horizons Dawnbreaker. :)

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Skydaz (most are silly but there are a couple gems), Curse, watching Forgecraft 2 players, looking at the mods lists of Third Party Packs, regular FTB packs, and, most especially, Horizons Dawnbreaker. :)

Already a great lead - never heard of Skydaz before. Thanks! Glad I posted my question.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
No, I update Botania too often and I don't get Sky of Beginning every time I pick a flower.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Why is EnderIO not as popular as it should be? I mean I will watch Let's Plays and people jump to IC2 and Thermal Expansion instead of EnderIO. I mean people use the conduits but the mod has lots of underrated machines, like the Dimensional Transceiver which I prefer over the Tesseract. I mean maybe there is something wrong with the mod that I don't see/care about but why is it not way more popular?

I have been using them on the DW20 1.7.10 pack since it started, I think the crafting recipes got harder for Dimensional Transceivers and some others a few weeks in, but I set up a mob grinder in the nearby mound with the 2 spawners in it (can never remember the name) and made the Dark Armor and weapons that I have been using ever since. I process most ores via EnderIO SAG and furnace and run EnderIO cables for all but the AE.

I think the item ducts are better than anything else, the armor is brilliant and that it is a fantastic mod all round but that's just me, some people have said its OP or "too easy", but that may have been before the recipe changes, others have asked "what does EnderIO add that other mods don't do".

In the end it is personal opinion.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Portal question - I have portals to The Last Millennium and The Deep Dark - If I break the blocks in the overworld and move them (down 20 and across about 20) will there be changes to my spawn locations in those dimensions, or to the dimensions?
Can I remove them without consequences? I have linking books

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I think I really enjoy the mod because the armour is more than armour with all enchants that it allows(Like TiCon but no quite so useless), and then the recipes are complex but not AE2 complex and I think they make up their "low" material usage in in power usage cause man do the machines eat up power.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I have been using them on the DW20 1.7.10 pack since it started, I think the crafting recipes got harder for Dimensional Transceivers and some others a few weeks in, but I set up a mob grinder in the nearby mound with the 2 spawners in it (can never remember the name) and made the Dark Armor and weapons that I have been using ever since. I process most ores via EnderIO SAG and furnace and run EnderIO cables for all but the AE.

I think the item ducts are better than anything else, the armor is brilliant and that it is a fantastic mod all round but that's just me, some people have said its OP or "too easy", but that may have been before the recipe changes, others have asked "what does EnderIO add that other mods don't do".

^This. After I assure plenty of food I get my smeltery running, then dig my mineshaft... When I get some redstone and enough iron, copper and gold I build a SAG mill, Alloy Furnace and a couple of Basic Capacitor banks, charging the banks at first with 4 survivalist generators.

After I get a good surplus of food I covert the Generators into the Culinary variety (toast and baked potatoes make a good fuel :D). The EnderIO machines take the place of processing ores in the smeltery due to the bonus items you get if you keep flint in the SAG mill.

By this time I'm about 4-6 hours into the new world because I usually have to search for a Natura Redwood to live in, hollow out the ground floor and downward until I hit root-wood which I use for flooring and/or charcoal, then dig to Y=50 and carve out the production part of my base.

I should point out that I play on Direwolf20 and Infinity, but I usually add Iguana Tinker's tweaks to make things more interesting, and in Infinity use Agricraft to optimize my seeds to 10,10,10 so I can harvest a full stack from each 4x4 plot.

Last edited:

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
^This. After I assure plenty of food I get my smeltery running, them dig my mineshaft... When I get some redstone and enough iron, copper and gold I build a SAG mill, Alloy Furnace and a couple of Basic Capacitor banks, charging the banks at first with 4 survivalist generators.

After I get a good surplus of food I covert the Generators into the Culinary variety (toast and baked potatoes make a good fuel :D). The EnderIO machines take the place of processing ores in the smeltery due to the bonus items you get if you keep flint in the SAG mill.

By this time I'm about 4-6 hours into the new world because I usually have to search for a Natura Redwood to live in, hollow out the ground floor and downward until I hit root-wood which I use for flooring and/or charcoal, then dig to Y=50 and carve out the production part of my base.

I should point out that I play on Direwolf20 and Infinity, but I usually add Iguana Tinker's tweaks to make things more interesting, and in Infinity use Agricraft to optimize my seeds to 10,10,10 so I can harvest a full stack from each 4x4 plot.
Stop being so good. You're hurting me.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Stop being so good. You're hurting me.
Don't worry, I still use TE for everything and don't bother with AE until my wall of barrels is done. I gave up on using any kind of neat item transport and use cobblestone pipes for everything, because they're a) cheap and b) I can see my items! :D

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry, I still use TE for everything and don't bother with AE until my wall of barrels is done. I gave up on using any kind of neat item transport and use cobblestone pipes for everything, because they're a) cheap and b) I can see my items! :D
I'm pretty sure I get better performance using BC than I do transparent Thermal Dynamics

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know a good resource for texture pack creation? I have a photoshop artist that now owes me a favor (laughs evilly)