Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Guys redpower isnt in FTB i see how i can save recipes for example Advanced Circuit or some stuff? I have not start with AE2 atm
You mean save recipes like in the project table?
Forestry has a worktable which does that. Or you can use NEI's auto-recipe feature (shift-click on the question mark next to the recipe).

badruk

Jul 29, 2019
If DW20 is on Curse, copy your saves folder from the FTB download location to the one curse uses?
I meant to make a pack with the mods from dire's but being able to update those in curse on my own ^^

Would I miss something doing that?
I am also used to add sanguimancy and forbidden magic

CheesyChess12

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, I have a problem with no answer: I have gotten Feed The Beast recently and, in a unfortunate accident, I accidentally hit "Remove" for the main account. Now, every time I make a new profile and click "Launch", I am greeted with the same error: "Invalid username and password!" Please help, as this is something I need to be fixed quickly.

NOCK

Jul 29, 2019
i am trying to make a system where i can drop Ore into my AE network then have it sent out to be processed, smelted, and put back. This is the setup I made in a test world, but the import bus wont put ores in. What do I need to do???

eiSjR7W.jpg

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Just to be clear the "import bus" imports into the AE and the "export bus" exports from the AE.

So if they are EnderIO SAG mill and Alloy smelter it should work as long as the ores export into the SAG mill transfer from mill to smelter and import from smelter to the AE.

I have found that a buffer system (ie chests) on both the ore and the dust works best if your processing ores from a miner

NOCK

Jul 29, 2019
Just to be clear the "import bus" imports into the AE and the "export bus" exports from the AE.

So if they are EnderIO SAG mill and Alloy smelter it should work as long as the ores export into the SAG mill transfer from mill to smelter and import from smelter to the AE.

I have found that a buffer system (ie chests) on both the ore and the dust works best if your processing ores from a miner
Ok I sorted it out. How do I make it so the export bus can push more than one ore?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Alright, I have a problem with no answer: I have gotten Feed The Beast recently and, in a unfortunate accident, I accidentally hit "Remove" for the main account. Now, every time I make a new profile and click "Launch", I am greeted with the same error: "Invalid username and password!" Please help, as this is something I need to be fixed quickly.

Are you using your Mojang account information? The client needs to authenticate with Mojang to be able to load.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing about it that is "unique" is the block painter, but one could argue that it is just a fancier way of applying glowstone using carpenters blocks and for the cable facades just a fancier way of doing forge microblocks.
Microblocks and facades don't keep the connected textures of the original blocks like the conduit facades do. *sheds a tear at how beautiful her walls are thanks to this*

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Microblocks and facades don't keep the connected textures of the original blocks like the conduit facades do. *sheds a tear at how beautiful her walls are thanks to this*
/me is confused; you are using the conduit facades?
IIRC, Thermal Dynamic's covers have connected textures, but don't quote me on that. :D

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I sorted it out. How do I make it so the export bus can push more than one ore?

Lock up "Card" in NEI - capacity card gives more slots to put ores and acceleration card will allow more items at a time, you can use 4 cards - I think 1 capacity increases slots to 5 and 2 will make it 9, acceleration from memory works similarly 1 card increases to something like 8 or 16 items at a time 2 is larger again.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How common or rare is RFTools' dimensional shard ore?

I read in the guidebook that it spawns in all RFTools dimensions that have stone as their base material, below height 40. So I created an appropriate dimension, dug down to y=32, and started mining. I filled two entire inventories with stuff (about 50% cobblestone, 50% ores and other worldgen junk) and found not a single dimensional shard.

Now I'm trying to find out if I'm just unlucky because the stuff is rare, or if there's a general problem with the modpack I'm playing.
In pathfinder, at least (I don't know if Gideon changed the configs), you can find about as many dimensional shards at Y-level 12 as diamonds. When the guidebook says "below height 40", it seems to mean that you won't find any above Y-level 40, but not that they're as common at y=39 as they are at y=12.

However, if you install Not Enough Resources, you can look up the recipe for the ore (or any other ore, for that matter) to find the exact distribution of it.

Can't you just re-add your account info to the launcher by clicking "Create Profile" in the drop-down menu, the same way you did it originally?

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
/me is confused; you are using the conduit facades?
IIRC, Thermal Dynamic's covers have connected textures, but don't quote me on that. :D
I looked it up and it seems to be true owo
The main pack I'm playing (Raxpack) doesn't have Thermal Dynamics but that will be nice for the packs I play that have it. :D

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
How can I make Applied Energistics Import Bus import items faster into the ME System?
It appears that acceleration cards increase the speed. One is enough to keep up with an ender quarry.

Last edited:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

Make two capacity cards and insert them into the slots on the side of the export buses menu.

One capacity card expands the amount of things you can specify to 5, two cards increases it to 9.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh* can't chat on EsperNet... says "Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate" so I guess I have to ask here. How does one update Forge on the Curse Client?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh* can't chat on EsperNet... says "Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate" so I guess I have to ask here. How does one update Forge on the Curse Client?
currently only way seems to be creating a new profile and copying the contents of the old instance over