Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thank you very much rhn. I'll check those items out and start exploring for libraries. Looking forward to trying out mystcraft finally.

P.s I love your thread in the community showcase section. You truly have talent and I've referred to your pictures for some help. Great job :)
Oh btw. Just to make sure you understood that point. When you find rare pages, you dont actually use those to make books. You want to make some Notebooks(and name them in categories) and put them in the left slots of your Writing desk. You then put one of each of your found pages into these notebooks(you will find a lot of different pages, which is why you want to make several category notebooks).
Then when you want to write a new world you put paper, ink and a Notebook containing a panel(made in inkmixer) into the right side slots. Then you just rightclick pages from your collection and they are copied unto the Notebook with the panel ready to be taken over to the Book Binder. Rightclicking a Notebook filled with pages into the Book Binders GUI will empty the pages and panel out in the right order.

NOCK

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh buildcraft pipes. I remember 1.4.7 like it were yesterday. *waxes nostalgic*

If you aren't using enderIO these days, you should probably consider that you have some disgusting character flaw that should mandate your inclusion on a government watch list :)
well i started the server 2 days ago

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
well i started the server 2 days ago
BC pipes are still an excellent early game solution to things. It is simple and easy to get going, but hard to master complex things with. People(me included) have just been really spoiled by the horrible OP (compared to cost) Itemducts etc.(opaque ducts for 2xTin and 1xLead :confused:)
I personally prefer that cheap solutions are a bit clumpsy and simple and then as I progress I get access to more powerful stuff.

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, thanks for all of the help guys. I'll definitely look back here to refer to your advice. I created my first random world, kinda bad but not unbearable. Green sky, lightning, posion, weakness, slowness, and mining fatigue but I can live with it. Thanks again rhn and someone else.

How rare are the libraries?

Last edited:

NOCK

Jul 29, 2019
I have an ME drive with a 4k storage inside of it. There is an ME controller under that, with an crafting interface on the front of the controller. How the hell do I get items in to the storage drive?

All the spaces in the top part of the crafting terminal are grayed out

im dumb has to connect to wire not controller

Last edited:

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Ahh buildcraft pipes. I remember 1.4.7 like it were yesterday. *waxes nostalgic*

If you aren't using enderIO these days, you should probably consider that you have some disgusting character flaw that should mandate your inclusion on a government watch list :)
I'm not just using BuildCraft and not Ender IO, I'm developing BuildCraft. Does that automatically make me a terrorist?

Reactions: Lethosos

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
How rare are the libraries?
I'm not sure but when you find one you can continue to search on the north-south axis. Also, at least in earlier versions it was so that the libraries are at the exact same coordinates in every age.
And they're easiest to find in a world with flat top layer.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

You need to reevaluate your life choices...
EnderIO is the worst thing to happen to modded minecraft (in terms of mods) if you ask me. It is a terrible mod that over-simplifies what is already a simple system, meaning you don't need to plan out/do anything that requires some thought (e.g. pipe routing, for fluids and items).
And given the option between a pack that has EIO and one that doesn't I would choose the latter every time. It doesn't add anything unique, it just copies other mods, and puts its own swing on them. The only thing about it that is "unique" is the block painter, but one could argue that it is just a fancier way of applying glowstone using carpenters blocks and for the cable facades just a fancier way of doing forge microblocks.

It is a TERRIBLE mod, in my opinion, and I know that I am not the only one who doesn't like the mod. A fair few mod devs have issues with EnderIO becoming the "top dog" which everyone moans about not being in mod packs, etc.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not just using BuildCraft and not Ender IO, I'm developing BuildCraft. Does that automatically make me a terrorist?
asie pls :p

It doesn't add anything unique, it just copies other mods, and puts its own swing on them. The only thing about it that is "unique" is the block painter, but one could argue that it is just a fancier way of applying glowstone using carpenters blocks and for the cable facades just a fancier way of doing forge microblocks.
I wouldn't think so. The Ender IO block? Travel anchors? Wireless charger?
Sure, some features are similar to what other mods have, but I don't see that as a necessarily negative thing. Even better if it puts its own swing on them.

It is a TERRIBLE mod, in my opinion, and I know that I am not the only one who doesn't like the mod. A fair few mod devs have issues with EnderIO becoming the "top dog" which everyone moans about not being in mod packs, etc.
It can't be so bad if many people like it can it? It definitely has its place.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't think so. The Ender IO block? Travel anchors? Wireless charger?
Sure, some features are similar to what other mods have, but I don't see that as a necessarily negative thing. Even better if it puts its own swing on them.
Wireless charger? You mean that thing that is stupidly OP?
Travel anchors, I will give you that one, but they aren't really enough to make it different...
Ender IO is similar to something I have seen before, can't remember what it was though (it was probably a Thaumcraft addon)

It can't be so bad if many people like it can it? It definitely has its place.
People like it because it makes stuff super simple... which would be fine if it were a Gregtech addon, or something. But RF and the mods that use it, are usually super simple anyway. It is like making a toy that does everything with 5 buttons (RF mods) and making it so that you now only need one.
The reason I say the GT thing is because that is a complex mod, which a lot of people are afraid of using due to it being super complex. And something like EnderIO that makes a mod 100x easier, would be great for GT, as it would bring it down to the stupidity level of RF mods.

I am not saying RF mods are for idiots, but I am saying they don't require any skill or thought. And seeing as EnderIO takes away the only thing that needed any sort of brain power (logistics; item routing, energy systems, machine setup, etc.) it is pretty much the bane of the RF system.

When a mod is always recommended, it doesn't make it good. It just shows that people are getting too lazy. There are mods, like Buildcraft, which require you to put thought into your logistics systems, heck even log. pipes requires some thought, but EnderIO removes that need all together. And when it is twinned with the rest of the popular mods, Big Reactors and Applied Energistics 2 (for example) you needn't worry about anything ever again.

The only thing that EnderIO does right, in my opinion, is the farming station. Requiring a tool to work. However, it even makes it so that is easy to make require no work, as a wooden axe will work (and seeing as it is making infinite wood, a wooden axe is easy to auto-craft and replace)

Reactions: rouge_bare

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
How common or rare is RFTools' dimensional shard ore?

I read in the guidebook that it spawns in all RFTools dimensions that have stone as their base material, below height 40. So I created an appropriate dimension, dug down to y=32, and started mining. I filled two entire inventories with stuff (about 50% cobblestone, 50% ores and other worldgen junk) and found not a single dimensional shard.

Now I'm trying to find out if I'm just unlucky because the stuff is rare, or if there's a general problem with the modpack I'm playing.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019

I read in the guidebook that it spawns in all RFTools dimensions that have stone as their base material, below height 40. So I created an appropriate dimension, dug down to y=32, and started mining. I filled two entire inventories with stuff (about 50% cobblestone, 50% ores and other worldgen junk) and found not a single dimensional shard.

Now I'm trying to find out if I'm just unlucky because the stuff is rare, or if there's a general problem with the modpack I'm playing.
They are rare, and they don't spawn in every dimension (from what I have seen)
Other than that, no more info I'm afraid (I don't know much about RFtools)

InUniverse

Jul 29, 2019

you have to make a lot of dimensions before it starts spawning
i think it only spawned after dimension 30 or 27 or something
but yeah

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
you have to make a lot of dimensions before it starts spawning
i think it only spawned after dimension 30 or 27 or something
but yeah
That's wrong. You can get it in the first dimension you make.

But to be honest, the best way to get them (in my experience) random dimensions are best to find them

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
It is a random dimension. My third one.

But honestly, if the mod author says it should generate, then I see no reason why it shouldn't. There's stone for it to spawn in, what else does it need? :s

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It is a random dimension. My third one.

But honestly, if the mod author says it should generate, then I see no reason why it shouldn't. There's stone for it to spawn in, what else does it need? :s
Probably the lack of world gen modifiers

badruk

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a guide to port my ftb istances to curse client?
I wish to use direwolf20's mods but keep them updated with curse, suggestion/critics on what I'll be doing?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a guide to port my ftb istances to curse client?
I wish to use direwolf20's mods but keep them updated with curse, suggestion/critics on what I'll be doing?
If DW20 is on Curse, copy your saves folder from the FTB download location to the one curse uses?