Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Bah, humbug.

So, nubbins question, how does one go about automating wither killing? I know the rather gamey "force his head into the roof of the nether with a piston" trick, but i'm looking for something less exploity

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Bah, humbug.

So, nubbins question, how does one go about automating wither killing? I know the rather gamey "force his head into the roof of the nether with a piston" trick, but i'm looking for something less exploity
You could spawn the wither in a sealed room, then out of the blast radius have something like a grinder/killer-joe kill the thing.
There is also a flower from botania that does stuff too...
However, if you have JordsUtils, the Uber Blade 2 shots a wither (1 shot if you crit it) so you don't really need to automate it... but you could use that and an autonomous activator or similar from Thaumc Tinkerer to quickly kill your withering friend

Reactions: malicious_bloke
W

Wolfcraftian

Any mods out there that add a function like Geostrata's crystals (and not the new obtuse for being obtuses sake in Chromacraft)? (Crystals that add minutes long varying buffs.)

And any that add similar visual crystals and opalescent blocks visually?

whiteboyAttitudes

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys i have a Question, i play FTB Infinity at the moment, since 2 weeks everday a few hours :D and i know i have rly much to learn about it !. What i want to know is how i can learn the game ? Understand all Mods/Blocks Items etc..
I mean i want know what i must do in some situation without watch videos or tutorials. How did u guys learned FTB ? I have the wikis linked in my Google Chrome and sometimes i read aboput different Blocks, but i build my treefarm at the moment and want power this with charcoal so that i can do some hobbyist steam engines to power my autospawner etc.

Short : i just want learn and understand FTB good. I mean what is the best idea in some situations or which pipe i should use or what is the best connect for energy to some machines for example energy pipe or kinesis pipe...
Which farm is good and what is most efficenty and build own macvhinerys dont build all from youtube and something :D

I hope u can help me im mad ATM that i not good in FTB. Sorry for my bad english :(

And a quastion more can i check how much energy is in my pipes ?

NOCK

Jul 29, 2019
What is the item called that takes a preset item and just automatically deletes it? I set up a huge quarry, need to destroy the cobblestone as it goes through to chests. Saw it in Ep 7 or 8 of ako's infinity series.

Edit actually I will just use a void transport pipe, what is the name of the pipe that you can set one item to go one way, and another to go the other way?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Edit actually I will just use a void transport pipe, what is the name of the pipe that you can set one item to go one way, and another to go the other way?
Diamond Transport Pipe?

Reactions: NOCK

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Ahh buildcraft pipes. I remember 1.4.7 like it were yesterday. *waxes nostalgic*

If you aren't using enderIO these days, you should probably consider that you have some disgusting character flaw that should mandate your inclusion on a government watch list :)

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
This question has probably been asked many times but regarding mystcraft in FTB Infinity, where do I start. I plan on making an age where I can set up all of my magic stuff but I've never used mystcraft and need advice. I traded with a villager to get a few pages and a notebook with some pages. I've heard before that you can make a random age and search for libraries. Is that true? If so, how do I make one of these random ages? Thanks and sorry for all of the questions in this post :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This question has probably been asked many times but regarding mystcraft in FTB Infinity, where do I start. I plan on making an age where I can set up all of my magic stuff but I've never used mystcraft and need advice. I traded with a villager to get a few pages and a notebook with some pages. I've heard before that you can make a random age and search for libraries. Is that true? If so, how do I make one of these random ages? Thanks and sorry for all of the questions in this post :p
You make a Panel in the Ink Mixer, put that in the Book Binder(panel first) along with a blank page and then bind the book. This will create a totally random book. Place the book in a Book Stand.

Make sure you have Linking books bound to the overworld(your base would be the logical place) with your before you go! This is the only way you can get back. Make these by making a panel in the Ink Mixer and craft it together with a piece of Leather. Then Right Click it from hotbar to the place you want to bind it to. If you use Linking books from your hotbar then end up lying on the floor from where you used them. Instead you can place them in Book Stands to make them reusable(and later Book Receptables on Crystal portal structures).

Later when you have pages you can use this as a help on how to use proper grammar with them:
http://binarymage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=writing:symbols_summary

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much rhn. I'll check those items out and start exploring for libraries. Looking forward to trying out mystcraft finally.

P.s I love your thread in the community showcase section. You truly have talent and I've referred to your pictures for some help. Great job :)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Making a random age is simple- just toss a link panel and a piece of leather into a book binder, and pull out a (nearly empty) descriptive book. Mystcraft will choose all the features at random, and if it chooses some features that are incompatible with each other (or something like Dense Ores, oceans of UU-matter, diamond ore tendrils, etc.), you'll get instability. Usually, you'll get some negative potion effects; if it's bad enough, you might get spontaneous explosions, meteors, decay, or something similarly unhealthy.

However, if you do get a reasonably stable age (or at least one stable enough that the potion effects aren't unbearable), you can look around in it for Mystcraft's libraries- cobblestone structures that show up here and there filled with a bunch of bookshelves and a few lecterns with pages on them. When you find one, dig out the bookshelves even if you're not hurting for books- there's a chest hidden inside with more pages.

Once you get some pages, you can start specifying more things in your ages, which means you have more control over what shows up and you'll also get less instability. Unless you use diamond ore pages or something, of course.

Also note that notebooks can store an unlimited amount of pages. Very handy when exploring.

There's a lot of info on the Mystcraft Wiki. There's also some YouTube spotlights and things floating around, but I'm not sure how up-to-date they are.

Alternatively, if you're not keen on the instability and such, but you have lots of RF to spare, you can use RFTools instead of Mystcraft. While Mystcraft balances dimensions filled with gold and diamonds with instability and making the dimension a really unpleasant place to hang out, RFTools balances it by increasing the RF cost to keep the dimension open. It ups the cost for each dimlet you use in the creation of the dimension (with things like diamond blocks requiring a great deal more RF than, say, cobblestone) and also for each randomly-selected feature. However, random features only cost 10% of what normal features do, so there's an incentive to just make a lot of random dimensions and see what you get.

Also note that removing features from a Mystcraft age is quite difficult (i.e. the Void World page is one of the rarest that there is; to not get random things floating in your void worlds, you need to specify caves, ravines, and some other things that you don't care about), while the Terrain: Void, Feature: None, Material: None (which is actually whatever the default material is, usually stone), etc. dimlets in RFTools are fairly simple to craft. And they don't need a lot of power, either.

You can read more about it here.