Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I thought about that, but for my purposes I essentially need a way to rig up some sort of dialling device and control the thing with redstone/computercraft. Vanilla portals are controllable with redstone [sort of] but without the selectable dimensions the applications for them are limited...
You can use CC to do the portal thingy with Myst ones. i dunno how, but it is done on Forgecraft quite a bit

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
have chest with all the linking books make a peripheral out of it wait for rednet event loop over all the books until you found the one with the right data change it with the one for the portal.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
/me comes to claim cake tax!
@malicious_bloke our records show that you owe at least one cake!

Since 2003 i've been storing my cake in a refrigerated vault in the Cayman Islands, in order to keep them out of the hands of those who would claim them for themselves.

As my pal Davey C will tell you, keeping cake out of the hands of the law is no crime and nothing to be ashamed of :3

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I am no expert and am offering a possibility not an definitive answer only because none seems to have been offered.

Would using TE energy cells - which allow output limitation - used as buffers provide a solution?

That's actually what I ended up doing... but not because it solves the problem. It doesn't. If I manually throttle the dynamos through another block, then they cannot throttle up on demand.

What it does instead is completely circumvent the problem of having multiple dynamos in the first place. I dismounted 3 of my 4 dynamos and threw them back into storage, and placed a giant buffer cell instead. Now my base is powered only by a single dynamo, and short spikes of power are buffered by the cell, which gets recharged in between periods of activity.

It's not an ideal solution because it might potentially stop working properly once my passive energy drain gets closer to the dynamo's maximum output rating, but since multiple engines apparently cannot throttle intelligently, it's the best I can get right now.

I'd love that feature to be added, by the way - I'd even take it as an optional upgrade that I need to spend a slot for. Something like a "Engine Bank Network Adapter" that lets those engines which have it installed and are connected to the same fluxduct line talk with each other and coordinate their throttle. ...Does Team CoFH accept suggestions somewhere? :eek:

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
That is the way I thought it may work - another possible solution to your concern - an energy cell outputs to another energy cell and possibly to another energy cell doubles, triples, etc a single cells buffer.

Had another idea - if you have EnderIO - Capacitor banks form multi-blocks and can also send a signal to dynamos to tell them when to produce energy, so you could put back your dynamos they would only/always run when required. I think this could also be done with the energy cells but you need another block to read the cells status and I can't remember what that block is.

Edit - just looked up what I was thinking of - Not a single block solution, ProjectRed - comparator & state cell - if you look and episode 37 DW20 Let's Playe he used this to activate an autonomous activator but it could be adapted with a toggle switch maybe to turn on and off dynamos. I think EnderIO would be the ideal solution thou

Last edited:

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get molten metal back into the smeltery for casting? I have a ton of liquid Meutoite in ME^4 that I need to turn into solid metal. Apparently pumping it into the smeltery controller doesn't work.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there any way to get molten metal back into the smeltery for casting? I have a ton of liquid Meutoite in ME^4 that I need to turn into solid metal. Apparently pumping it into the smeltery controller doesn't work.
Pump it into a drain. I've used that trick before, mostly when I'm cooking some ores and click the faucet on my casting basin too many times.

NOCK

Jul 29, 2019
I used Admin Commands Toolbox to pregen some 10,000 odd chunks on my server, when I use Journey Map to open the map, it only shows where I've been, how can I see all loaded chunks

CAB

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it was fully removed then.
But there was still no need to repost, just because a new page had started. Just don't want you getting any warning points :)

All goodness. :)

Hey i found the setting it's

equipables {
B:Exo-Armor-Craftable=true
}

in the TinkersConstruct.cfg

BUT it didn't seem to work :-(

Deterlo

Jul 29, 2019

If you just want ingots/blocks, you can pump it directly into a casting table/basin

Reactions: pizzawolf14

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
How can I get a redstone signal from a TE energy cell when it's full? Tried sticking a comparator next to it, but it didn't seem to work. Tried using a BC gate on a structure pipe and have it output on "low energy" but it seems to still output when the cell is full?

Edit: Neeevermind. Logic gate was reading the RF storage of the adjacent fluxduct. >.<

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
How can I get a redstone signal from a TE energy cell when it's full? Tried sticking a comparator next to it, but it didn't seem to work. Tried using a BC gate on a structure pipe and have it output on "low energy" but it seems to still output when the cell is full?
I always thought comparators worked o.o

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
I couldnt manage to run aroma mining dimensipn on infinity. It sends me back to main menu when i try tu open my world. So no crash logs. İs that happened to any of you?

NOOBknight490

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck in a mystcraft age with no linking book, The world is just packed ice and dirt underground, there are also large obsidian towers, This is on a server that is new and whitelisted so there are no "/spawn" Or "/tpa" commands. I've looked and looked for a star fissure but never found one, How do i get out of here without cheating?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck in a mystcraft age with no linking book, The world is just packed ice and dirt underground, there are also large obsidian towers, This is on a server that is new and whitelisted so there are no "/spawn" Or "/tpa" commands. I've looked and looked for a star fissure but never found one, How do i get out of here without cheating?

A star fissure only generates near spawn iirc, so you won't find one by looking around.
Well I guess you're outta luck there

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Without cheating? Find some wood, glass, ink, paper, and leather, make a writing desk and the other Mystcraft blocks, and start churning out random ages until you find one with a star fissure.

With cheating? /tpx 0 will teleport you to spawn in the Overworld.

Reactions: pizzawolf14