Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Cheers.

So this warp mechanic, i've literally done enough thaumcraft to unlock thaumium, alumentum, silverwood wand cores, automated alchemy, the infusion altar and lamps of growth. More to the point I've been being incredibly OCD about minimising flux from my crucible and instability in my infusion crafting...

...i'm guessing neither of these ecology measures have anything to do with warp?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
warp is based on how much of the "forbidden research" you do, if any of the items have a dark aura around them in the thaumonomicon, they usually give you warp. they'll say how forbidden the research is when you hover over it and there is a section in the thaumonomicon about warp if you want some further info

Reactions: malicious_bloke

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Just a side note - this applies to DW20's pack, and may apply to Infinity: If you share research with another player, then if they start doing forbidden research, you will also get warp effects. This has happened to a friend of mine, much to his chagrin, as he was supposed to be doing tech and she (his gaming partner) was doing magic ;p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Just a side note - this applies to DW20's pack, and may apply to Infinity: If you share research with another player, then if they start doing forbidden research, you will also get warp effects. This has happened to a friend of mine, much to his chagrin, as he was supposed to be doing tech and she (his gaming partner) was doing magic ;p
I would assume that was a bug, that was fixed?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I would assume that was a bug, that was fixed?
I believe it's intended. Otherwise it would be a way to completely bypass warp, and that's not good. I'm on the Literary Team TPPI2 server, and I haven't even touched a wand, yet due to knowledge sharing, I've got a large amount of warp. It's really helping my death count.

(although warp is less harmful than @SkeletonPunk, I will say)

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
You guys forgot to mention the Eldrich phantoms that can appear inside your base and attack you - they are preceded by fog and also occur due to your warp status - not hard to defeat though and they give ethereal essence when you kill them. They can also be farmed :rolleyes:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it's intended. Otherwise it would be a way to completely bypass warp, and that's not good. I'm on the Literary Team TPPI2 server, and I haven't even touched a wand, yet due to knowledge sharing, I've got a large amount of warp. It's really helping my death count.

(although warp is less harmful than @SkeletonPunk, I will say)
No, but he is saying the person who started the research is getting the warp, even though they aren't doing it.

i.e. if me and you were doing it, you shared your knowledge with me, I start doing research, we both get warp, even though you don't get the research yourself

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
No, but he is saying the person who started the research is getting the warp, even though they aren't doing it.

i.e. if me and you were doing it, you shared your knowledge with me, I start doing research, we both get warp, even though you don't get the research yourself
Ooh. Somebody should probably report that to Azanor.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the serverside instance of WAILA needs to be installed. However, I have never been able to get WAILA to run on servers, so I take it on the chin, and get by without that feature

Thanks for the info!

Now, another and wholly unrelated question:

Is there a way to make Thermal Expansion dynamos throttle intelligently? I have about 40 RF/t passive drain from the small beginnings of an AE system, but I also have processing machines hooked up to the same power lines. And I thought: great, let me plop down 4 dynamos. If they all throttle down to 10 RF/t, then my passive needs are met, and if I turn on the machines (or expand the AE system) then there's plenty of headroom to go around.

But nope, no such thing is happening. Instead, the dynamo closest to the consumers takes all the load, throttling itself to 40 RF/t, while the rest of the dynamos have nothing to do. Meaning they sit at 8 RF/t uselessly wasting fuel.

Is there some way I can make them actually work together?

W

Wolfcraftian

What mod add's right click harvesting for crops that aren't harvestcraft (pam has told me that her mod only does it for her own crops, so it's not that, or agricraft (has no such feature) green thumb or hungeroverhaul aren't in the pack (unless they've been renamed)...maybe it's not a simple question because staring at the mod list doesn't make anything jump out at me as a likely suspect...some poor mod maker added such a lovely obvious feature and they aren't getting credit.

Maybe a simpler question, is there any reason to keep using DoLions Logistic Pipes with mods like Project Red, Thermal dynamics, Ender IO installed, do they roughly do the same thing or do logistic pipes truly add something unique?

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
Has anybody had a lot of luck finding dungeons in the latest version of Infinity? I'm in dire need of some dungeon loot and can't find any dungeons. Any tips on y-levels and ways to find dungeons? Thanks

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
It's a flower from Botania that generates dungeon loot at the cost of a fair amount of mana. It's actually spelled "Loonium", if I remember correctly, but the Lexica Botania can say for sure.

legionite626

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, thanks. Couldn't find luminum in NEI :p. Once I get a good Botania set up I'll certainly check that out. For now I'll just keep exploring for a Division Sigil in a dungeon. Thanks for the help

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, thanks. Couldn't find luminum in NEI :p. Once I get a good Botania set up I'll certainly check that out. For now I'll just keep exploring for a Division Sigil in a dungeon. Thanks for the help
If it's a division sigil you're looking for, you can get one by killing the Wither. With a proper setup this can be pretty easy. ;)