{Alpha} Unstable Pack: Bug Reports

Z

zommer0532

Going from nether to overworld crashes the game. Might be a memory problem though

Z

zommer0532

Breaking pipes from IC2 crashes the game. Updated IC2 mod fixes problem.

P

Pallitax

Going from nether to overworld crashes the game. Might be a memory problem though
I have exact that problem with the modpack "All the mods", but until now not with ftb unstable. Please tell us if it goes better, if you enhance the RAM settings in curse.
EDIT: It is assigned as an issue in Journey Map https://bitbucket.org/TeamJM/journeymap/issues/101/server-occasionally-crashes-on-teleport. I found out that in the past it was already an issue there.
EDIT 2: It was an issue with Mekanism, too in the past: https://github.com/aidancbrady/Mekanism/issues/3094

Last edited:
P

Pallitax

i tried now dozens of times to update/install the 4.2.6 Version of Unstable, but every time, after at least 10 mins i get a timeout for botania.

I have deinstalled and cleaned all curse files, all packs, new install folders ... still same result, stops installing at botania and take about 8 mins only for the Pack Data.
My Internet connectivity is fine, 1.5 to 2.5 MB/s is normal and working, except for unstable, other packs including botania work just fine (not 1.10.x)
look for the assigned ram in curse, perhaps enhance it. And: If have seen cases where there was an old version of java the reason for this.

jim johnstone

Jul 29, 2019
What I've seen so far on SSP. Apologies to anything being repeated.

Storage drawers: Completely broken. Logging off causes the drawers to vanish. Tried various fixes including removing FTB utilities/lib and updating forge. Same result.

RFTools: Builder used as miner. Card loaded using 2 points not adjacent to builder (iirc 1st point was around 200/200 blocks from builder location) and from there heading 500 blocks away on the diagonal and down to Y5 to highlight 2nd point using dirt replacement card. Resulted in area highlighted being mined as well as dirt replacing blocks back to builder. Did the same thing again using another 2 points and had the same result.

Builder again (fortune/dirt replace card) with 2 filters fitted in tandem (1st filter removes 7 items, with remainder passing to 2nd for further filtering) resulting in zero emeralds Same results with non fortune card. Removing 2nd filter and replacing with chest with filters didn't fix. Breaking builder block and replacing seemed to help, but emerald drops very, very rare. Putting an emerald in the filter's 1st slot and sending it to storage seemed to help.
Actual numbers? From one 500/500/-50 mined area when I was actually getting them dropping I got in the region of 30 blocks of diamond, so 270 diamonds and 9 emeralds. So considering emeralds to have the drop rate of 0.08% and diamonds 0.17% and also that diamonds can spawn 1-10 the numbers still seem unusually low. 9 emeralds in a 31x31 chunk area?

EnderIO Inverted powered light disappearing on reboot.

All doors broken. Leaving an area and returning will cause doors to be 1/2 missing. Using a pressure plate to open them at this point sometime causes them to break completely.

Bed bug.

Trying to break enderIO 'killer joe' with pick after updating to latest version causing crash. Yeta wrench works ok.

Last edited:
P

Pallitax

What I've seen so far on SSP. Apologies to anything being repeated.

Storage drawers: Completely broken. Logging off causes the drawers to vanish. Tried various fixes including removing FTB utilities/lib and updating forge. Same result.
This was a forge bug, seen it in my world, too but was corrected in the last build with new forge. Same with doors. New build doors after some forge update vanished, but this issue too is gone since last update, at least in my world. Both issues documented in forge Changelog

jim johnstone

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to put an RFTools storage filter inside itself (ergo, filtering a filter) crashes client.
Can't craft golden lasso.
Breaking an EnderIO wireless light with pick sometimes drops a normal powered light.
Deep resonance sometimes not registering fluids going into tank at which point they're lost. The fluid is visually represented, just not showing any mB value.

Last edited:

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Can't seem to make Quite Clear Glass. JEI's recipes only show using color variants to produce the basic clear type. Using sand in the alloy smelter is only producing regular glass, whether set to all, furnace, or alloys-only. (Actually, setting it to alloys only produces nothing, merely waits for other materials.)

Haven't seen anyone else report this problem either. Am I missing something?

(Edit: Actually, I misread JEI. I see I can use colored Minecraft glass - in fact any blockGlass - to produce Quite Clear Glass as a workaround. Not sure if this is still an EnderIO bug or intended in 1.10.2; their wiki said it can be made from Sand directly.)

Last edited:
P

Pallitax

can anyone tell me the forge version this pack is using in the moment? They dont document it...

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you! If you experiment with the RAM usage in the profile setiings curse updates forge to the latest version you have to manually override this to 2046 in the moment
This is a curse issue. It automatically selects the most up to date version on any list it generates. instead of the version that is in use. Checking the pack "version" will do the same thing. Only work around I have found is noting the forge/pack version before going in. I think only the "done" button commits the change though. "Cancel" and "X" don't seem to do it.

Reactions: Pallitax

jim johnstone

Jul 29, 2019
You can double-check version in game by pressing <escape>/ mod options and scrolling down. Latest update gives forge 12.18.1.2046

Back to bugs:

Breaking IC2 cables in some situations causing CTD. Ones I found so far are breaking with empty hand and occasional situations where the block will be updated on breaking (happened once when underwater but not able to replicate).

Filling water bottle from enderIO tank gives a weird glitched filled bottle with -24 value.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can't seem to make Quite Clear Glass. JEI's recipes only show using color variants to produce the basic clear type. Using sand in the alloy smelter is only producing regular glass, whether set to all, furnace, or alloys-only. (Actually, setting it to alloys only produces nothing, merely waits for other materials.)

Haven't seen anyone else report this problem either. Am I missing something?

(Edit: Actually, I misread JEI. I see I can use colored Minecraft glass - in fact any blockGlass - to produce Quite Clear Glass as a workaround. Not sure if this is still an EnderIO bug or intended in 1.10.2; their wiki said it can be made from Sand directly.)
I *think* you got this sorted, but just to ensure, I was able to make QCG in the alloy smelter using regular glass. I believe it needed to be in Smelting or All mode.

Reactions: Zajo