Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
There is no side effect. The warning is the remnets of a previous plan Way had for the mod.

That's all the "IHateFun" config option does, or however it's actually spelled. It just changes out the knife.
Thank you for clarifying

I can now fearlessly slaughter millions of innocent testificates because I can

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for clarifying

I can now fearlessly slaughter millions of innocent testificates because I can

Wait, so how the well of suffering works is that is does damage to mobs and converts it into blood right? So wouldn't be easiest to just put a bunch of zombies above the ritual on graveyard soil (regens undead mobs) or in a liquid that deals damage, and just name them so they don't despawn?

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, so how the well of suffering works is that is does damage to mobs and converts it into blood right? So wouldn't be easiest to just put a bunch of zombies above the ritual on graveyard soil (regens undead mobs) or in a liquid that deals damage, and just name them so they don't despawn?

You can also go into the nether and catch a regenerating Pigman. It was established in an earlier version that they are able to heal faster then the Well can damage them.
Witches might also be able to do that with their potions I think...

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
You can also go into the nether and catch a regenerating Pigman. It was established in an earlier version that they are able to heal faster then the Well can damage them.
Witches might also be able to do that with their potions I think...
I can confirm that witches will outheal the well of suffering. Even if they manage to aggro each other. Before I finished the map, I had a room full of 13 witches (nametags keep them from despawning) in an eternal war with each other, while being drained by the well. If I was doing something that was going to be draining lots of LP, like Bound Shovel cleaning up after my nether quarries, I turned on a villager spawner to augment the LP income. Works a treat. Sound mufflers strongly recommended, however.

Reactions: Narc and Padfoote

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm that witches will outheal the well of suffering. Even if they manage to aggro each other. Before I finished the map, I had a room full of 13 witches (nametags keep them from despawning) in an eternal war with each other, while being drained by the well. If I was doing something that was going to be draining lots of LP, like Bound Shovel cleaning up after my nether quarries, I turned on a villager spawner to augment the LP income. Works a treat. Sound mufflers strongly recommended, however.
I tried witches with combinations of name tags and jailer's nets, but they ended up despawning, and capturing them was a bit of a chore. I only used villagers because I was disassembling my previous essence generator (villager spawner over conveyor belts, moving them on top of the altar for the dagger of sacrifice). As and when I hop back into it (I'm really struggling to get the desire to sort the bees out, especially as they're such a pain to store), I might switch it out for something like an enderman/witch spawner, but, tbh, I quite like that there is no residue/drops from the current system. Also plonked a trading post down by the altar, and can get some of the decent trades before they die, sometimes.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
For someone who is just starting with AE, do you recommend a Storage Bus + chest room set-up, or a storage drive based set-up?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
<snip>(I'm really struggling to get the desire to sort the bees out, especially as they're such a pain to store)<snip>
Pro tip: use filing cabinets for bees. One for drones, one for princesses. Also, if you're used to the normal Forestry/Extra Bees process, Gendustry makes breeding, isolating traits, making the 'perfect' bee, etc. dead easy.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
For someone who is just starting with AE, do you recommend a Storage Bus + chest room set-up, or a storage drive based set-up?
Storage drives are cheaper and cost less energy to maintain. Also for one just starting you should use mostly 4k drives. Save the larger drives for massive storage of 1 or 2 items (like cobblestone & dirt).

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
If you have AE, then a chestroom is not neccessary. Compared to the AE the chests can hold only a paltry amount of blocks, which means they'll overflow into your AE sooner or later and then you're back where you started: where to put all the stuff?

I'm "old fashioned" and tend to build a room full of barrels that I connect with the storagebusses to my AE. The things I use a lot are put in there for quick access and to see how many of each I currently have.

Since you're a beginner, you might be interested to know that you can "upgrade" your disc if you put them into your hotbar, select them and Shift+Right Click. You get a housing and a core which you can use to craft the next better core with. Just put the new core and the housing into a crafting grid to get a new disc. Stuff on the disc is deleted IIRC, and Extracells uses an advanced housing. If you dont watch out you end up with quite a few empty housings in your chests^^ (Happened to me)

Jerx99

Jul 29, 2019
Pro tip: use filing cabinets for bees. One for drones, one for princesses. Also, if you're used to the normal Forestry/Extra Bees process, Gendustry makes breeding, isolating traits, making the 'perfect' bee, etc. dead easy.

Uhh, Extra Bees made it "dead easy"... Gendustry essentially completely removes the entire "breeding" part of bees.

The way I see it, if Extra Bees is for bee breeding what AE is for storage/crafting (super handy, but requires abit of setting up), Gendustry would be an entire, complete AE system contained in a single block.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
I admit it, I seem to have trouble getting storage busses and barrels to work right historically... I'm a little worried about trying it that way, but othewise I can't figure a good way to hold a limited amount of a given resource, then to keep a barrel full of it, and let the excess fall over into a trashcan, or trigger an emitter that stops production.

I set my barrels up with the void upgrade to accomplish this. I used the storage buses and didn't have any issues.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
Same here. Just without the void upgrades. One thing to look out for is when you use the IO-block. if you connect barrels with storage busses, they are considered as standalone-discs: If you have a barrel with iron ingots, configure a disc to store all kinds of ingots on it and put the ingot-disc into the IO-block to move ingots on your disc, it will empty your barrels the same way it would empty your other discs.

Apart from that I have little to no problems with storagebus-barrels. Remember to set the storagebus to highest priority in your system and use the IO-Block to move ingots from discs to barrels.

Altaree

Jul 29, 2019
Storage bus to Deep Storage Units for everything that is generated by a sieve system and your farms. If I overflow the DSU I have other issued to worry about :)

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
The only things that might overflow are things with limited usage. Like Flint, or Ex Nihilo Seeds you no longer need, or Limestone, or Bonemeal.
I have an Cyclic Assembler to turn them into bags of Bonemeal and my Barrel is still overflowing (512 Stacks)

penguin055

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easier way to get the maps if you accidentally screw something up than redownloading the pack?
I guess what I'm asking for is a map download link.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
tried to check out the Ex Nihiklo Sieve recipes. How do I sift Lava/Water?!

Also, my game crashes when I try to open page 7. Any way to avoid that?

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
tried to check out the Ex Nihiklo Sieve recipes. How do I sift Lava/Water?!

Also, my game crashes when I try to open page 7. Any way to avoid that?
That is a weird crash. Looks like you have a corrupt texture in a natura grass.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easier way to get the maps if you accidentally screw something up than redownloading the pack?
I guess what I'm asking for is a map download link.

Go to The FTB launcher, and then chose the maps tab at the top. Find the AG map you want, then download.