Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
So, who's tried using witch water, instead of regular water in a water flowing mob trap... wither skulls without energy cost, so tempting...

mmm. I only dropped skeletons into the witch water... what energy cost?
Oh - if you are thinking of using a MFR auto spawner to spawn wither skeletons - that is specifically disabled. You MUST use the witchwater drop...

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
or put witchwater into a grinder with skeleton in the spawner... safer then risking letting poison spiders out, or risking agrivating a charged creeper.

That's a great idea, spawning Wither Skeletons in the MFR is quite expensive. You lose 50mB of essence with normal spawn but with the exact spawn for wither skeletons you lose 400mB.

Only problem is the Grinder could be faster than the transformation, need to test it when I get home but thanks for the idea.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
so... this week I finally found out that with Thaumcraft 4.1 you can consume knowledge fragments to get research points for the base aspects... wish I knew that sooner as I already had a pech farm going by that time :(

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a possible solution for that too.

Spawn onto convayor belts, drop them into the water in a space that isn't 5 high (no ghasts) and flow the water slowly down platforms until 100% transformation, and a grinder at the far end of the process.
Something to keep in mind, Witch water damages everything but witches and zombies, so make sure to not have them in there for too long, else they'll die

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I have done this with witch water, autospawner & skellies, flowing to 4 AAs with bronze tic weps, drops heads, both bones, coal, bows, arrows & mini hearts, some other random items too, I guess there from infernal versions of the skellies.

As to does autorepair work on tic weps in AAs yes but very very slowly, it does not repair fast enough to stop it losing its durability.

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, dont afk without an auto fortune system
Or you just end up having to do this:
gW8IZt6.png

Jul 29, 2019
You end up having to fix your FOV? I kid, I kid :p
Why does no one like it being so high o.o

Guys. It was at this moment I knew, I fucked up:
46Opqkw.png
Hand crafting.
Save. Me.

EVIL LAUGH!
KH44qlu.png

Guys, give me something extensive to craft!

Last edited:

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, dont afk without an auto fortune system
Or you just end up having to do this:
-snip-
See, I tried the block-breaker/fortune thing, and came out with less than double dividends, at which point I just figured that I'd let the pulverisers take care of the whole thing. Far simpler, and I can't really say that I find "lack of automatable resources" to be an issue. Ever. There's just the grind-y ones (dirt and cobble, primarily), and the ones that need the systems setting up (bees, plants, etc.).

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
rmljph.png
I don't think that's enough stabilization... The candles were enough to not cause a single instability event to happen while making lamps of fertility and growth (for the quest). Probably going to want to find more skulls to increase stability, though... (or is this enough to reduce instability to at least a relatively minor amount? Probably not)
EDIT:
i35936.png
Updates slightly, added a bunch of extra monster heads/skulls. Symetrically, of course.

Last edited:

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
That moment when I finally realize the use of an AE system... trying to find my Notch-damned handsaw!... In 20 double chests...

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I probably need to make a big reactor (gonna need a whole bunch of extra seared bricks for steel) and replace all of my leadstone energy conduits with redstone conduits (at least for my tree farm harvesters)

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
You can NOT get Iridium with the laser drill at this time in the mod pack or any version of it that I have tested from the official downloads via the launcher. I have tested about half of them.

In version 2.1.6 of the modpack I can verify that I have ran 720 laser drills with 2880 pre-chargers, 360 of them with full white focus. I ran this setup for 24 hours straight essentially simulating 2 years running with a single fully charged laser drill. I returned absolutely NO iriduim.

*snip*5

In our multiplayer world my friend has 1 laser drill running and has 2 nether iridium ore sitting in his ME system. None of us have ever been to the nether. So it does seem to work. We just updated from 2.1.4 to 2.1.6 last night and I noticed them when I was checking out some of his other stuff.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
In our multiplayer world my friend has 1 laser drill running and has 2 nether iridium ore sitting in his ME system. None of us have ever been to the nether. So it does seem to work. We just updated from 2.1.4 to 2.1.6 last night and I noticed them when I was checking out some of his other stuff.

From the quest reward my guess.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I'm trying to automate dirt for the hording quest. However, I'm trying to do it in the nether using an ender quarry and transistion planes. I have everything setup and it works manually. However, I can't figure out how to activate the ender quarry. I can use autonomous activators to place it and break it. However, they will not activate the quarry. The machine works by having autonomous activators dump sand into a 2x2 pit. The pit is lined with transition planes. The quarry mines the sand and leaves behind dirt. Then use a ME dark cable to activate the transition planes and collect the dirt. This nets me about 700 per run of the machine. But, I can't automate the quarry part of it.

Any ideas?

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to get more Cinnabar from my laser drill, any Idea which focus I need for that? Its not listed on the wiki :(