Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I probably need to make a big reactor (gonna need a whole bunch of extra seared bricks for steel) and replace all of my leadstone energy conduits with redstone conduits (at least for my tree farm harvesters)
What I did with my scorched bricks is I grabbed a stack of clay balls from my sludge boiler barrels and smelted them. Then I stuck a hopper on my smeltery's controller and another on the casting table. Add a fluiduct on the drain with a lever on top, then put the bricks in the casting table's hopper. Add a stack of cobble to the controller's hopper. Finally, pull items out of the casting table with a hopper or itemduct. Then wait. Repeat until satisfied.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
What I did with my scorched bricks is I grabbed a stack of clay balls from my sludge boiler barrels and smelted them. Then I stuck a hopper on my smeltery's controller and another on the casting table. Add a fluiduct on the drain with a lever on top, then put the bricks in the casting table's hopper. Add a stack of cobble to the controller's hopper. Finally, pull items out of the casting table with a hopper or itemduct. Then wait. Repeat until satisfied.

I did it a little different I used an AA to place the brick in the casting table, works more or less same as your way, it meant I did not need to change the setup I was using, just removed the ingot cast & placed an AA with slot 1 full of bricks.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
mmm. I only dropped skeletons into the witch water... what energy cost?
Oh - if you are thinking of using a MFR auto spawner to spawn wither skeletons - that is specifically disabled. You MUST use the witchwater drop...
Was this changed in a version past 2.1.3? I haven't updated yet, and was able to MFR spawn several Wither skellys the other night. Before long I had the 3 heads I needed to get a Wither (for a star for a warding focus), and a few more to start some beacons for my blood alter. BTW, was I just lucky to get 2 more Divination Sigils from the Wither? That makes 3 now...and I've never used one up in other maps :-/

Really considering updating soon though, or just manually pull in the update to help Thaumcraft. I ran into the "can't combine to X aspect I need for a research for the thaumustatic harness, as the aspects also combine to this other aspect.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Were you like me, disappointed in the early reward bag with all the music disc's and a radio locked to noise? Be disappointed no more and show the RNG that this was not a troll reward. Build the automated jukebox and make the days spent in front of the ME crafting terminal seem like hours!

Actually, I built this during my first FTB adventures and decided to rebuild it here in Agrarian Skies. It functions on the "stuffed item" mechanics of the TE3 itemducts and uses the rednet controller to cycle the discs and activate the MFR auto-jukebox. The longer, bent around itemduct is required to ensure all the discs cycle out of the chest and become "stuffed". Because the discs don't all have the same playtime there are variations to the periods of silence, but for the most part, music is always playing. I would love it if one of the smarter than me minecrafters could improve this because I have grown to like it.

Anyway, here's the imgur link http://imgur.com/a/w6hL3#0

Enjoy.

Reactions: Kik

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question: Is there a "Take 1/Deposit 1" keyboard shortcut in AE? It's bothersome when using a wireless access terminal when I need just one of something I have a bunch of. I end up taking out a half stack, dropping one of that item into my inventory, then putting the 31 remaining back into AE. Wireless Access Terminal's energy usage scales according to stack size (and distance?), so the battery drains pretty quickly.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of those... Do those drop EXP? I need to produce mob essence somehow, and I'm too bored with AA's to make another...

XP and Mob Essence are different fluids. I had a vacuum hopper feeding a tank for sucking up stray XP orbs when I'd scythe my mob drop area, and a grinder for mob essence for the quest, and obviously MFR spawning. If you instead put a sewer under the mob drop (potentially with a liquid router), you could collect the XP orbs in there and output mob essence that way.

Using the scythe has amassed me 10+ stacks of heads, which it sounds like is PLENTY for infusion alter stability. Plus lots of enchanted gear to strip off to books, for building up level 3, 4, 5 protections. Combine that with the printing press, and actually put the collected XP to some use.

One thing I've noticed...if you right-click a tank of XP with an empty hand, you gain a level of XP. At lower levels, this is wasteful compared to collecting the orbs as they drop. At higher levels, it lets you level quicker by snagging a level from the tank.

edit: I've been corrected

Last edited:

Frink14

Jul 29, 2019
So I crafted 8 Mariculture Fish Tanks, the glass blocks, and now what do I do with them? I right click and it just gives me 1/250 pages.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Were you like me, disappointed in the early reward bag with all the music disc's and a radio locked to noise? Be disappointed no more and show the RNG that this was not a troll reward. Build the automated jukebox and make the days spent in front of the ME crafting terminal seem like hours!

Actually, I built this during my first FTB adventures and decided to rebuild it here in Agrarian Skies. It functions on the "stuffed item" mechanics of the TE3 itemducts and uses the rednet controller to cycle the discs and activate the MFR auto-jukebox. The longer, bent around itemduct is required to ensure all the discs cycle out of the chest and become "stuffed". Because the discs don't all have the same playtime there are variations to the periods of silence, but for the most part, music is always playing. I would love it if one of the smarter than me minecrafters could improve this because I have grown to like it.

Anyway, here's the imgur link http://imgur.com/a/w6hL3#0

Enjoy.
If you're clever, you can craft a villager spawn egg, then auto-spawn villagers until you get some music villagers. They'll trade for different tuning crystals for your radio. If you do a little research, you can also add your own tuning crystals to acquire.

I like this design, though! Pretty simple and functional.
One thing I've noticed...if you right-click a tank of XP with an empty hand, you gain a level of XP. At lower levels, this is wasteful compared to collecting the orbs as they drop. At higher levels, it lets you level quicker by snagging a level from the tank.
Actually, doing that with Liquid XP uses only the XP necessary to gain a level. As you get higher levels, it costs the same amount as if you were killing mobs. So there is no waste with liquid XP. Mob essence requires a straw and a placed liquid block for the same mechanic, but it gives you a fixed amount of XP per drink, so it gets terribly tedious.

If you want to convert liquid XP to mob essence, use an XP bottler to get bottles of enchanting, then an AA to smash them over a sewer. It's a bit lossy, but it works. I still haven't figured out a way to convert mob essence to liquid XP, though.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019

I saw this, and it didn't make sense. o_O Pre-change I made an alumite pick, with which I mined cobalt, to then make a manyllium pick. Now, you need a manyllium pick, to not just mine the cobalt/alumite, but ALL nether ores? Which means you should just not bother with the nether until you can make the ender quarry to auto-mine them (Iridium ore as quest reward), or have the power production to run a laser to "mine" cobalt and ardite that way. Or a lot of patience, with lower power input to a laser. Thankfully I've already got manyllium.

It mostly sucks for anyone who started after the nerf, or didn't read changelogs first and got caught unprepared...but maybe strategically not-upgrading isn't playing "fair"? Meh.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I saw this, and it didn't make sense. o_O Pre-change I made an alumite pick, with which I mined cobalt, to then make a manyllium pick. Now, you need a manyllium pick, to not just mine the cobalt/alumite, but ALL nether ores? Which means you should just not bother with the nether until you can make the ender quarry to auto-mine them (Iridium ore as quest reward), or have the power production to run a laser to "mine" cobalt and ardite that way. Or a lot of patience, with lower power input to a laser. Thankfully I've already got manyllium.

It mostly sucks for anyone who started after the nerf, or didn't read changelogs first and got caught unprepared...but maybe strategically not-upgrading isn't playing "fair"? Meh.
... wait. I made an alumite pick and gave it silk touch specifically for this, and now I'm being told I have to upgrade past that? I'm annoyed. I thought level 6 was alumite, not manyllyn.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an end to the McAurey's quest? Just finished meals, now a page for vegans. *sigh*[DOUBLEPOST=1401323043][/DOUBLEPOST]

If you're clever, you can craft a villager spawn egg, then auto-spawn villagers until you get some music villagers. They'll trade for different tuning crystals for your radio. If you do a little research, you can also add your own tuning crystals to acquire.

I like this design, though! Pretty simple and functional.

Thanks, I have it wrapped in jukebox covers and oak covers to make it "stereo-ish" lol.

Last edited:

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
In our multiplayer world my friend has 1 laser drill running and has 2 nether iridium ore sitting in his ME system. None of us have ever been to the nether. So it does seem to work. We just updated from 2.1.4 to 2.1.6 last night and I noticed them when I was checking out some of his other stuff.

Like was said in a post earlier. Probably from quest rewards. Unless someone shows me in a video of a laser drill(s) producing an iridium ore, I will not believe that it came from it. You can get up to 2 from rewards as the reward that gives an iridium ore can happen 2 times before the reward system stops giving that particular reward. If I cannot produce a single iridium ore from 720 fully powered laser drills running for 24 hours real time than no one is going to get the 4 needed for the quest in any normal play environment without going to the nether and generating new chunks in a version that had nether ores somewhat fixed. Gotta love all the useless ores that are generated in the default config now.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019

... wait. I made an alumite pick and gave it silk touch specifically for this, and now I'm being told I have to upgrade past that? I'm annoyed. I thought level 6 was alumite, not manyllyn.

Yes, you'll need a level 6 pick for all ores. The Nether is meant to be a late game, OPTIONAL endeavor, not a place to sneak through with a quest reward flight potion and cherry pick the ores you need.

That said, the Nether is trivial with flight potions, some good armor, and a good TiC weapon. I can one- or two-hit just about every Nether mob with my trusty "Pan, the Man" pan.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Quick question: Is there a "Take 1/Deposit 1" keyboard shortcut in AE? It's bothersome when using a wireless access terminal when I need just one of something I have a bunch of. I end up taking out a half stack, dropping one of that item into my inventory, then putting the 31 remaining back into AE. Wireless Access Terminal's energy usage scales according to stack size (and distance?), so the battery drains pretty quickly.
you can use the scroll wheel, or ctrl click

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019

Don't quote me on that :p BUT, I started with an steel pick, then remembered you need alumite for Cobalt.

Just copied my save into the 2.1.6 download I've been ignoring, and tested for you, myself, any anyone else who cares.

Alumite pickaxe head, nether ore mining results:

Yes:
Netherrack
Ardite
Lapis
Lead
Gold
Coal
Ferrous
Redstone
Tin
Quartz (dropped quartz crystals)

No:
Salt
Rutile
Cobalt
Sulfur

Vanilla quartz dropped the items, everything else dropped the ore block. Silk touch is still useful, as you'll get more and consistent output by pulverizing the quartz, rather than the varying drops from a pick.

Further tests on the above "No" ores:

Thaumium: no
Obsidian: no (YES Ardite)
Cobalt: yes
Bound Pickaxe: yes
Pickaxe of the Core: yes
Manyullyn: yes
Ardite: ONLY mines cobalt ore
Flux-Infused: no salt/rutile/sulfur (YES cobalt, ardite)

So, seems we need to make an obsidian OR alumite pickaxe head, then use that to mine Ardite to make an Ardite head. Use that to mine Cobalt, then make a Manyullyn pickaxe head. THEN we can mine sulfur ore for reactors and pyrotheum blend, plus I guess titanium ore and nether salt. Isn't salt free though? o_O

Edit: forgot the Flux-Infused pick!

Last edited:

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you'll need a level 6 pick for all ores. The Nether is meant to be a late game, OPTIONAL endeavor, not a place to sneak through with a quest reward flight potion and cherry pick the ores you need.

That said, the Nether is trivial with flight potions, some good armor, and a good TiC weapon. I can one- or two-hit just about every Nether mob with my trusty "Pan, the Man" pan.

You your potions, I like my jetpacks. To each their own! :D

Also, I just posted v2.1.6 test results...it's certainly not ALL ores, and not two levels either. It's really only 4, two useful ones, and they're not at the same level either. Sulfur (and salt, and rutile) needs manyullum, which needs cobalt, which needs ardite/Flux-Infused, which needs alumite/obsidian/Flux-Infused. Horray staging!

edit: forgot Flux-Infused pick!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kik

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
So I crafted 8 Mariculture Fish Tanks, the glass blocks, and now what do I do with them? I right click and it just gives me 1/250 pages.

Not sure what you are trying to do? there isnt a quest for Mariculture fish tanks so I dont know why you have made them - there is a quest for fluid tanks, one of which is a mariculture recipe - if you read the quest book it tells you what to do.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

Hold shift & click.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Not sure what you are trying to do? there isnt a quest for Mariculture fish tanks so I dont know why you have made them - there is a quest for fluid tanks, one of which is a mariculture recipe - if you read the quest book it tells you what to do.

Just because there's the quest book doesn't mean you have to follow it to the T for your world.