Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Grinders don't drop certain items that need a 'player kill'. Like DrowElf said, one way besides killing them yourself is using an autonomous activator with a weapon. Another way I know is the invar spikes. I got sooo many heads and hearts from my drop trap using those (more than I'll probably ever need) that I've shut it down in favor of my grinder room. XD
Speaking of those... Do those drop EXP? I need to produce mob essence somehow, and I'm too bored with AA's to make another...

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of those... Do those drop EXP? I need to produce mob essence somehow, and I'm too bored with AA's to make another...
Grinder produces mob essence, just attach a pipe to it to carry it away from the relatively small internal tank.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, this is my first post! Yay!
Anyway, I have been having trouble giving a TiCo tool auto repair. I made the moss ball, but when I put it in the tool station next to my axe, noting appears in the output slot.

Also, I have made a MFR Planter + Harvester, but they produce insane amounts of sludge. It filled up a drum of sludge (256 buckets) in less than one hour. I know I can make a sludge boiler, but I am already having power problems. Is there any way to get rid of the sludge?

Last question, I have been doing some early Thaumcraft, and I'm wondering if the research table is actually necessary.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Anyway, I have been having trouble giving a TiCo tool auto repair. I made the moss ball, but when i put it in the tool station next to my axe, noting appears in the output slot.
it needs an upgrade slot first, fell some trees first

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Rant: Grind out the jaded bees in order to get purple dye, for @Jadedcat's Purple Madness challenge. "Fun". Get everything but the Forestry stained glass quest turned in (WHY Forestry stained glass, that's a lot less easy to automate). Finally turn in that Forestry stained glass, pick a reward bag. The reward. Was... purple stairs. Yea.

But seriously though, this modpack is awesome.

Reactions: Jadedcat

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
No, this is the trade off for no power and increased drops.

Increased drops you say? At what rate? And I may as well look into a grinder system. I'm sure my laptop can handle... oh, I guess... 3 lava gen power set ups to power it...

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Increased drops you say? At what rate? And I may as well look into a grinder system. I'm sure my laptop can handle... oh, I guess... 3 lava gen power set ups to power it...
Increased drops as in increased type, not rate
They allow for mobs to drop "rare" drops which only occur when a player deals the killing blow

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble with pollination of trees..

http://imgur.com/a/n4M6L

0lb4IHf.png

This setup is not pollinating. Do the trees need to be closer to one another? Everything is within the range of the apiaries. I have sieve and 8 pollination upgrades in each one of the apiaries. I've modified industrious drones with a genetic template that can be seen in the imgur album.

Could it be the gui.maximum value of pollination causing it? I'll be isolating a "fastest pollination" sample tomorrow to give that a go. I've pollinated a few trees with standard industrious bees earlier, but this won't work.

Coming back to this, I swapped in Longest Life on the template and re-bred the bees. I also added two more trees. Nothing. Tried swapping the trees out for some shorter, leafier trees (silver lime and birch) and ran for an hour. Nothing.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Its a skyblock. The implicit challenge is in creating your resources "from nothing". Scraping things out of generated terrain is avoiding the challenge :p

hmmm. Perhaps bees with Thaumic Flowers don't pollinate trees / collect pollen properly?

Actually, that's exactly what it seems to be. I put flowering on and immediately got some pollen.

Reactions: Kik

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
To add the "hammered" mod to a TiCo tool takes a diamond hammer. Does anyone know if the mossy mod works while in a autonomous activator? I'm thinking about creating 9 "hammers" with repair and just setting them loose in an AA to hammer my ores. Spreading the damage over 9 different tools should help out. But if the mossy repair only works while in your inventory, I'll just make disposable hammers instead. With the amount of materials I have right now, I could probably skip the hammering step entirely, but why do, when you can over do.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
To add the "hammered" mod to a TiCo tool takes a diamond hammer. Does anyone know if the mossy mod works while in a autonomous activator? I'm thinking about creating 9 "hammers" with repair and just setting them loose in an AA to hammer my ores. Spreading the damage over 9 different tools should help out. But if the mossy repair only works while in your inventory, I'll just make disposable hammers instead. With the amount of materials I have right now, I could probably skip the hammering step entirely, but why do, when you can over do.
I'm setting up an automated High Oven instead of using multiple smelteries, so I plan to hammer my stuff down. I'm going to have the MAC auto-craft stone hammers instead of worrying about keeping an even amount of different ingredients in a cyclic assembler.

As far as TiCo repair, I believe it only works in a player's inventory. I don't know if AAs count as players for that purpose, but it wouldn't be too hard to test; make a really cheap pick (flint and wood works great) and add repair (you can get mossy cobble from a water barrel on cobble in a dark space, OR from cobble and water in a liquid transposer), damage it a bit, and then put it in an AA and wait. I'd note that leveling picks up when you aren't digging mineshafts with them is a bit tedious, though.

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway, I have been having trouble giving a TiCo tool auto repair. I made the moss ball, but when I put it in the tool station next to my axe, noting appears in the output slot.

Also, I have made a MFR Planter + Harvester, but they produce insane amounts of sludge. It filled up a drum of sludge (256 buckets) in less than one hour. I know I can make a sludge boiler, but I am already having power problems. Is there any way to get rid of the sludge?

Last question, I have been doing some early Thaumcraft, and I'm wondering if the research table is actually necessary.

1) For this pack (IguanaTweaks), you have to level your skill with the tool before unlocking modifiers. If you hover over the tool, you can see what I"m talking about. By using the tool, you'll level it up. When you advance a level, you'll either get a random modifier or a modifier slot (or both).

2) On your drum, set up a fluiduct draining it right into any QDS (no quest needs to be attached). Will just void all sludge.

3) Yes, because you'll need to combine aspects to do some of the research. There's not really enough on the world to get by otherwise.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm setting up an automated High Oven instead of using multiple smelteries, so I plan to hammer my stuff down. I'm going to have the MAC auto-craft stone hammers instead of worrying about keeping an even amount of different ingredients in a cyclic assembler.

As far as TiCo repair, I believe it only works in a player's inventory. I don't know if AAs count as players for that purpose, but it wouldn't be too hard to test; make a really cheap pick (flint and wood works great) and add repair (you can get mossy cobble from a water barrel on cobble in a dark space, OR from cobble and water in a liquid transposer), damage it a bit, and then put it in an AA and wait. I'd note that leveling picks up when you aren't digging mineshafts with them is a bit tedious, though.

Thanks. I'll just have AE make the hammers and not worry about it. You might want to use invar hammers instead of stone ones. Even though cobble is free, the invar ones are a bit faster, and they are a use for the nickel ingots. I'm really wondering what to do with all of nickel I have. When I get into thaumcraft, I'm thinking about converting a lot of it into iron and silver into gold. But until then...

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
2) On your drum, set up a fluiduct draining it right into any QDS (no quest needs to be attached). Will just void all sludge.
You know, I have a 9x9 tree farm running on hardened energy conduits from a hardened energy cell. It's got a single powered furnace underneath it making charcoal to feed an un-upgraded barrel. Then I have four steam dynamos that are fed from a the charcoal barrel and an acqueous accumulator. That tree farm powers a planter, harvester, three sludge boilers, the powered furnace, and could power a number of other machines. The barrel of charcoal is constantly full and I'm getting enough wood from the farm to regularly pump it all into a QDS for the wood quest. There's no reason a tree farm can't be self-sufficient!

I'd note that I have three sludge boilers because that's how many it takes to burn off ALL the sludge from that one harvester chopping down the many, many vanilla oak trees I've got growing in that farm. One really wasn't keeping up, two was barely adequate. Three does the job.

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can use a Golden/Enchanted Apple + a Diamond Block to add one "free" modifier to your tool. Thats what I do to add Repair to my newer tools without having to level them.