Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
With TC harness & e/t foci the nether is no longer a problem, aint that the whole idea, a selection of challenges to over come, the nether & its inhabitants are but one.

Its a skyblock. The implicit challenge is in creating your resources "from nothing". Scraping things out of generated terrain is avoiding the challenge :p

Right- I'm doing that. The bees still need to be within range of the trees to get the pollen through the sieve upgrades. They are, and I'm not getting any pollen. Going to upgrade to longest life tomorrow when I get a chance.

hmmm. Perhaps bees with Thaumic Flowers don't pollinate trees / collect pollen properly?
Or, sieves + pollination 8 upgrades might be conflicting: Mine collected pollen just fine without any pollination upgrades so I think it influences their chance to mutate leaves in the wild, not collect pollen.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Finished up my server playthrough. Don't think I'll ever do it again, that McAurey's quest is the ambition-killer.

vxby0CU.jpg

2 void deaths, 1 mob death, 1 unstable ingot explosion death hahahahaha. Just enough to match 134 hearts to 134 quests. ;)

final base image
V3YByC9.jpg

if you ever plan on redoing the map, try to do it without using any of the hearts, so you only have 2 lives in total
I'm doing that now, and lost 1 life because of a stupid elemental from Blood Magic, so I've to really be careful not to lose my other life

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble with pollination of trees..

http://imgur.com/a/n4M6L

0lb4IHf.png

This setup is not pollinating. Do the trees need to be closer to one another? Everything is within the range of the apiaries. I have sieve and 8 pollination upgrades in each one of the apiaries. I've modified industrious drones with a genetic template that can be seen in the imgur album.

Could it be the gui.maximum value of pollination causing it? I'll be isolating a "fastest pollination" sample tomorrow to give that a go. I've pollinated a few trees with standard industrious bees earlier, but this won't work.

My current setup is:
GxAsKwG.png

aACUE9S.png
The territory being too large can increase the time it takes by having too large an area.
Increasing amount of leaf blocks helps a lot(the bushes and balsas are a pain to get pollen from >.<)

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
My biggest rage so far is getting my 2nd emerald so be able to get started with automation....

Sifting Gravel is so soul destroying, especially when my self powering mob farm is producing enderpearls at a faster rate.

One thing I was quick amazed at, is that Hunger Overhaul is on "easy" settings. I compared the configs against what I use in my personal pack.
I see no need for Pams Harvestcraft though (apart from having more resources to collect), I'm living quite easily on a small manual farm producing bread and melons, with the occasional apple, cabbage or worm.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest rage so far is getting my 2nd emerald so be able to get started with automation....

Sifting Gravel is so soul destroying, especially when my self powering mob farm is producing enderpearls at a faster rate.

One thing I was quick amazed at, is that Hunger Overhaul is on "easy" settings. I compared the configs against what I use in my personal pack.
I see no need for Pams Harvestcraft though (apart from having more resources to collect), I'm living quite easily on a small manual farm producing bread and melons, with the occasional apple, cabbage or worm.

Why do that? Just Autofisher(MFR) Redstone furnace, chest. Infinite food.

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
How do i get thoese Miniature Red Heart. I have been using the grinders from MFR and I haven't got a single Miniature Red Heart all game. In my mob grinder room I am using cused earth with 3 MFR grinders. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
How do i get thoese Miniature Red Heart. I have been using the grinders from MFR and I haven't got a single Miniature Red Heart all game. In my mob grinder room I am using cused earth with 3 MFR grinders. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.
The mobs need to be killed by a player. I do this with a autonomous activator wielding a scythe, which also allows me to collect the XP with a vacuum hopper (along with the drops) for enchants. As a side note, I put beheading on the scythe and now I have stacks of extra heads.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Um...can anyone explain to me how to get essential out of an essentia buffer (attached to a centrifuge) to warded jars? I can't seem to figure it out.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
The mobs need to be killed by a player. I do this with a autonomous activator wielding a scythe, which also allows me to collect the XP with a vacuum hopper (along with the drops) for enchants. As a side note, I put beheading on the scythe and now I have stacks of extra heads.
Is there a use for the extra heads, other than the Wither Skeletons?

I'm just starting to learn the magic side of this pack, but I'm 90% through the rest and haven't had a need for the extra hearts yet. I think blood magic may change that a bit though.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019

I'm just starting to learn the magic side of this pack, but I'm 90% through the rest and haven't had a need for the extra hearts yet. I think blood magic may change that a bit though.
Just a hint with blood magic: Don't use the sacrificial orb when you're at 1 1/2 hearts of health. Otherwise you'll enter a kind of limbo-state where you lose a life, lose your items but are still alive and kind of stuck where you are. Even though you didn't die. Oh, even better: IF a thaumic slime spawns (And they can), he can then kill you there for a double life loss. Not fun.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
650k dirt = you definitely have to worry about dirt again.
I have 4 tree farms (1 sapling, 3 leaves) and close to 200 barrels.. for 20+ hours now.. and I'm just about halfway.

If you have bees and some pollen collected, then I would suggest to invest an hour or so in Gendustry. I've got a single 3x3 tree farm with turbocharged Apple Oak trees and that is enough for 130ish barrels. And still enough of a surplus to add another 40-50 barrels.

But yeah, 650k is a lot. At some point there will be enough dirt for the quest and in the meanwhile I've still a lot other things to do in the meanwhile.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

It'll just make your life a lot easier starting out.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
11kf5sm.png
How do I get the victus (And vacuos, but I'm not really interested in that) out of the essential buffer and into warded jars or something that I can use for infusion?

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

The main use I find is to surround the TC infusion altar as heads are best for the reduced chance of flux taint, in order its candle, shard clusters & best is heads, plus the aspects on heads are very useful, & pre the last update I used heads in place of a block to remove taint, as at the time blocks could not be placed on flux taint, this has since been rectified.

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
If you have bees and some pollen collected, then I would suggest to invest an hour or so in Gendustry. I've got a single 3x3 tree farm with turbocharged Apple Oak trees and that is enough for 130ish barrels. And still enough of a surplus to add another 40-50 barrels.

But yeah, 650k is a lot. At some point there will be enough dirt for the quest and in the meanwhile I've still a lot other things to do in the meanwhile.

Yea, this is what I'm going for now. Was thinking of doing chestnuts (to knock out seed oil quest at same time) but not sure if they'd work with MFR planter/harvester. I have to figure out tree traits.. I more or less haven't cared about them in breeding trees thusfar because I've just been farming saplings/pollen for quest purposes.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Grinders don't drop certain items that need a 'player kill'. Like DrowElf said, one way besides killing them yourself is using an autonomous activator with a weapon. Another way I know is the invar spikes. I got sooo many heads and hearts from my drop trap using those (more than I'll probably ever need) that I've shut it down in favor of my grinder room. XD