Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Just because there's the quest book doesn't mean you have to follow it to the T for your world.

Lot of us played on servers & most mariculture stuff was banned, plus never found it very interesting, worse than bees by the looks, & when the quests changed, didnt seem needed any longer, plus most all it can do is done by other mods, but I guess you could say that about 90% of mods, its each to there own I guess.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Mind sharing a screenshot of the setup then? I've finished now but still curious :)

You could mirror the below setup for 2 rows of barrels, either on the fluiduct side or the other. Sand exported through the export bus (top), soul sand snatched through the basic import (bottom). Each one should only "work" once the conditions are correct. Obviously the sand/souldsand blocks aren't necessary.

BR5dOyg.png

If mirrored on fluiduct side, the mycellium is in an OK spot to turn the water (I tested). If the other, you could have it on the bottom where the soul sand block is chilling, or +1 directly next to the barrel. The import and export busses will connect to their neighbors, so you don't need to run ME cable the length of the setup, just top to bottom somewhere.

Unrelated question...while testing this, I noticed my saguaro finally had grown to full blocks, 3 high, after many days of not being anything than just-planted-seed size. Were they bugged out in a prior version (I've been on 2.1.3), or are they just REALLY slow to mature?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Was this changed in a version past 2.1.3? I haven't updated yet, and was able to MFR spawn several Wither skellys the other night. Before long I had the 3 heads I needed to get a Wither (for a star for a warding focus), and a few more to start some beacons for my blood alter. BTW, was I just lucky to get 2 more Divination Sigils from the Wither? That makes 3 now...and I've never used one up in other maps :-/

I must be speaking of an older version. I am sure I saw wither skeletons being blacklisted for spawning in the MFR config, but there is no such entry now in 2.1.6. Update at will.

MyJ3oss

Jul 29, 2019
If your trap is @ y<=63, squid can spontaneously spawn. Squid in witch water become ghasts.
Build it above minimum squid height and you are ok.
Thats interesting I never knew that I still need to make a GOD squid coz I need alot of ink sacks but I cant remember what for

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
If your trap is @ y<=63, squid can spontaneously spawn. Squid in witch water become ghasts.
Build it above minimum squid height and you are ok.
But ghasts don't randomly shoot, they only shoot in view of a player?

You certainly have to make sure that there's a way for them to die because they won't fall down a drop chute. Is that what you're talking about with ghast proofing?

MyJ3oss

Jul 29, 2019
I think he is but I got a mob trap with cursed earth and grinder killing mobs for my mob essence

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
The saltpeter ore you can get from the nether pulverizes down into niter, not salt.

Nope. Check NEI...Nether Salt Ore, ID 1442:13, which pulverizes down to 12 Mariculture salt (ore dic dustSalt & foodSalt). Nether Saltpeter Ore, ID 1442:14, pulverized to 12 Niter (dustSaltpeter) and a netherrack. Also Salt Ore in my hotbar below.

Why must you ghast proof the spawner?

Seems prudent, but I haven't had an issue. My squid pond flows down to a 5w by 4d room, 5h. Occasionally I'll see a squid, and go douse it with witchwater (dump it under the glass over the slab). The ghast stays stuck, and I can actually walk inside his "body", flail away, and kill it in a few seconds without it aggro'ign on me. Works well enough for the quantity of ghast tears I've needed.

Drsm79D.png

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Seems prudent, but I haven't had an issue. My squid pond flows down to a 5w by 4d room, 5h. Occasionally I'll see a squid, and go douse it with witchwater (dump it under the glass over the slab). The ghast stays stuck, and I can actually walk inside his "body", flail away, and kill it in a few seconds without it aggro'ign on me. Works well enough for the quantity of ghast tears I've needed.

You don't just get ghast tears as a side effect of sifting soul sand?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Wohoo, finally got my 2nd emerald. The pain.... Automation can now start (slowly).

Now if I could just get some ancient spores.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I know I've posted this before, so please forgive me, but it's actually a question:
2cz566d.png
Is this enough stabilization to at least have a good chance of making the staff core of the primal? (FYI, everything'\s symmetrical) Just for reference, the candles alone made it so I could craft all the lamps of fertility and growth I needed without a single instability problem occurring. Oh, and I have no backups of any of these items, so if something goes wrong, I'm probably boned.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I know I've posted this before, so please forgive me, but it's actually a question:
2cz566d.png
Is this enough stabilization to at least have a good chance of making the staff core of the primal? (FYI, everything'\s symmetrical) Just for reference, the candles alone made it so I could craft all the lamps of fertility and growth I needed without a single instability problem occurring. Oh, and I have no backups of any of these items, so if something goes wrong, I'm probably boned.
Put like 20-40 crystal clusters/skulls/candles underneath the altar and you'll be golden.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
2cz566d.png

The radius for stabilizers is actually pretty huge, 12 blocks away from the matrix on the xz coordinates. (I found a good visual guide here)
Like Wagon said, you can place crystal clusters on the underside of the platform, and also you can place four skulls on the matrix itself.