Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh* Finally finished the McAurey's quest, Epic reward bag with 16 conveyors. The RNG is absolute evil.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh* Finally finished the McAurey's quest, Epic reward bag with 16 conveyors. The RNG is absolute evil.
No kidding.
Speaking of conveyors, I had to rip out half the conveyors I put into my mob spawner in order for it to work. I hope I'll find a use for them eventually, but who knows. The trap works so well I already have a drum and a half of mob essence after less than an hour of building stuff.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
Tip: Itemducts can directly pump out blocks for TiCo casting basins. This saved me lots of autonomous activators.

Question 1: How do I get cursed earth? The ftb wiki says I need to get a division sigil, witch can apparently only be found by killing the wither (or finding in a dungeon chest, but that's irreverent to AG)

Question 2: What is better earlyish game: A Punji stick trap or a grinder trap

Question 3: Can someone point me to a thaumcraft 4 guide that tells me what I have to scan to get all the aspects (in order)

Thanks!

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Tip: Itemducts can directly pump out blocks for TiCo casting basins. This saved me lots of autonomous activators.

Question 1: How do I get cursed earth? The ftb wiki says I need to get a divination sigil, witch can apparently only be found by killing the wither (or finding in a dungeon chest, but that's irreverent to AG)

Question 2: What is better earlyish game: A Punji stick trap or a grinder trap
Really early game, use the punji sticks. You can place up to five in a block, and they don't destroy mob drops.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Will punji sticks give you exp?
Since they're literally a few sugar cane in a crafting table, you can grow them for free and test to find out! But last time I saw them used they gave XP (I went and made a huge dark room with drop trap instead, so that height got the spawning places far enough away from me).

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
i dont under stand reacter craft things can i ask how many of each block i need and how to build a small one?
old mods im good at newer ones not so much:( thanks if this is answered :)

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
@trunksbomb
Did you try both shift and control together? I haven't built an AE yet so can't try it myself, sorry.

Shift + Right Click pulls out 1 at a time, which is what I needed. Thanks, though!

i dont under stand reacter craft things can i ask how many of each block i need and how to build a small one?
old mods im good at newer ones not so much:( thanks if this is answered :)

ReactorCraft isn't included in Agrarian Skies, do you mean Big Reactors?

The smallest one you can make is a 3x3x3. That'll be a border of reactor casing, 17 of those (last reactor casing is for the bottom!). You'll need one control rod, one fuel rod, one controller, two access ports, and a power tap. Put the control rod up top-center and the fuel rod directly below it, inside the reactor. Put the controller, power tap, and two access ports in the 1 block gap on the sides of the reactor.

Put Yellorium ingots into the access port in input mode. You can set the second port to export waste (cyanite). Technically you can get by with one access port, but there's no reason to make it harder on yourself. If all goes well when you assemble it, the multiblock reactor will change textures to indicate that it is a valid structure.

blazer33333

Jul 29, 2019
Ummmmm.......
Ok, so I either got the best glitch ever or there is a hidden mechanic in the game...... My dust autosifter apparently created a diamond hammer with fortune 3....

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Ummmmm.......
Ok, so I either got the best glitch ever or there is a hidden mechanic in the game...... My dust autosifter apparently created a diamond hammer with fortune 3....

Diamond Hammer with Fortune 3 is a quest reward. Are you sure you didn't open a bag with a full inventory, drop the hammer and not realize it, then come back later to find it next to your sifter?

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Question 1: How do I get cursed earth? The ftb wiki says I need to get a division sigil, witch can apparently only be found by killing the wither (or finding in a dungeon chest, but that's irreverent to AG)
You can get it from a reward bag if you're lucky, that's where I got mine... alongside 16 cursed earth. XD

Question 3: Can someone point me to a thaumcraft 4 guide that tells me what I have to scan to get all the aspects (in order)

Thanks!

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/thaumcraft-4-a-quick-way-to-discover-all-aspects.33605/

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
No kidding.
Speaking of conveyors, I had to rip out half the conveyors I put into my mob spawner in order for it to work. I hope I'll find a use for them eventually, but who knows. The trap works so well I already have a drum and a half of mob essence after less than an hour of building stuff.

If you put the conveyors on the floor level, you need to place the autospawner 1 block above floor level. That way it will spawn them on "thin air" and they drop down onto the conveyor belts.
At least thats the way I've seen them work on PurpleMentats vids. I made the same mistake as you but I ripped out only half. They spawn in a small area and have to walk onto them to get processed^^

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
Trunks bomb sorry to to ask but is it possible I could see a picture or can you point me where a diagram is? For big reactors thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Namorax

Jul 29, 2019
I was tinkering around with the Alchemical centrifuge to convert some of my arbor into Herba... Sadly I run into suction problems.
Googling showed me tons of apparently outdated information so that wasnt really helpful. Is there a way to craft the Essentia buffer? I'm unable to find the recipe in my thaumonomicon.

EDIT: Well, that or someone might be able to tell me how I can set up a furnace/alembic that allows me to smelt enchanted invar/gold from my mob spawner into its seperate essentia

Last edited:

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL

Thanks!

You can also get a Division Sigil from killing the Whither. However, if all you want is Cursed Earth then you don't need the Division Sigil. The Sigil is just used to tell you when you have everything needed for the Cursed Earth ritual, as well as when it's midnight. I'm pretty sure you can perform the ritual without the Sigil.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
I was tinkering around with the Alchemical centrifuge to convert some of my arbor into Herba... Sadly I run into suction problems.
Googling showed me tons of apparently outdated information so that wasnt really helpful. Is there a way to craft the Essentia buffer? I'm unable to find the recipe in my thaumonomicon.

EDIT: Well, that or someone might be able to tell me how I can set up a furnace/alembic that allows me to smelt enchanted invar/gold from my mob spawner into its seperate essentia
Essentia buffer should be on a later pages of either essentia tubes, alchemical centrifuge or alchemical construct IIRC