Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Maybe I should make a healing axe, then. I hate quests where the biggest thing you do is wait, or build a gazillion arrays of something just to have nothing to do with it afterward, especially with my low-powered computer. So I guess making a few handfuls of stuff and then sitting overnight while my game plays on will help.
you could just setup a server on your pc log into it from the same computer and activate the chunk loader, then leave it running after logging out

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe for Ex-Nihilo porcelain and for the MFR white dye for the white stained glass is the same and always gives the porcelain, but the glass is needed for the MFR bragging quest. is there another way to get that glass?
Newer versions of the modpack have a recipe that allows you to use the ExN porcelain for the MFR stained glass as well

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
That moment when you knock a chicken off the edge of your island and it just looks at you as it flutters away
The first animal I managed to get to spawn on my grass patch was a chicken

I just went up to it and was looking at it thinking about how to get it into a hopper floored enclosure for eggs when it looked at me, and then sprinted out the door I had left open.

I ran after it, and whilst looking for my crook to pull it back into the pen it jumped into the water stream. I got my crook and ran to it in time to watch it sink off the edge on the waterfall

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
what's the best way to automate chestnut production?

i'd presume there are certain tree traits that are better to have than others.. and well.. would an MFR harvester work? fruit picker?

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Having trouble with pollination of trees..

http://imgur.com/a/n4M6L

0lb4IHf.png

This setup is not pollinating. Do the trees need to be closer to one another? Everything is within the range of the apiaries. I have sieve and 8 pollination upgrades in each one of the apiaries. I've modified industrious drones with a genetic template that can be seen in the imgur album.

Could it be the gui.maximum value of pollination causing it? I'll be isolating a "fastest pollination" sample tomorrow to give that a go. I've pollinated a few trees with standard industrious bees earlier, but this won't work.

jepstein30

Jul 29, 2019
gui.maximum worked for me.. took quite some time though still.

possible issue is your bees have too short a life to actually produce pollen?

try a long/longest life with fast/fastest production

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure the bees can reach the leaves? The one allele you havn't improved in your template is the territory...

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, the thought crossed my mind. I was trying to kill two birds with one stone and use these bees for both pollination and the Bragging Rights drones quest. I'll leave that at max and switch to a longest life.

Are you sure the bees can reach the leaves? The one allele you havn't improved in your template is the territory...

Yes, apparently the range is 3x listed for pollination. So average comes out to what, 27x18x27? I had it on largest earlier but read that bees only check about 20 times on their update cycle to pollinate- meaning that with such a huge range (45x39x45 I think), I would have to plant a lot more trees or just wait even longer. I bumped it back down to average.

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
I have been putting off going into the nether for a long time now but the stacks and stacks of coal dust I have as a side effect of my sulfur hunt has forced me to do it. But now I am in there I cannot mine anything with my steel pick, or my bronze one either. What am I doing wrong?

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I have been putting off going into the nether for a long time now but the stacks and stacks of coal dust I have as a side effect of my sulfur hunt has forced me to do it. But now I am in there I cannot mine anything with my steel pick, or my bronze one either. What am I doing wrong?

Steel should be able to mine colbalt just fine. It may not mine ardite though. Can you mine *any* block? Are you by chance in Adventure mode by accident?

Edit: You can turn the coal dust into liquifacted coal and burn it in a compression dynamo for moar power.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

Coal dust makes liquid coal, a good fuel, your not doing anything wrong btw its just that a lot of nether ores require higher lvl pick, personally I use e/t wand foci as it does not anger the lil buggers, I forget the mining lvls progress off hand but its alumite pick to get tic ores then you can make the max lvl pick/s.

PS read the Tic books mining lvls are there.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I guess this means you have to use a pick Axe of the core, or make a manyllium pick from your sifted or mfr laser output.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

I have never been to the nether in AgS. Built MFR mining lasers instead.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, apparently the range is 3x listed for pollination. So average comes out to what, 27x18x27? I had it on largest earlier but read that bees only check about 20 times on their update cycle to pollinate- meaning that with such a huge range (45x39x45 I think), I would have to plant a lot more trees or just wait even longer. I bumped it back down to average.

Wait - you are getting the bees to manually pollinate the leaves? Put some pollen filters in instead, and then just combine saplings and pollens in the mutatron to create the new tree species.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bagman817

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I have never been to the nether in AgS. Built MFR mining lasers instead.
With TC harness & e/t foci the nether is no longer a problem, aint that the whole idea, a selection of challenges to over come, the nether & its inhabitants are but one.

You can all so use blood magic to defeat the nether but, for me its TC all day every day, BM is so boring at start & so stupidly op at end, any mod that allows you to spawn & kill 5+ wither bosses at a time is OP, lets just call it what it is late game creative mode, (/end rant).

Last edited:

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
[quote="trunksbomb, post: 653145, member: 14689"Yes, apparently the range is 3x listed for pollination. So average comes out to what, 27x18x27? I had it on largest earlier but read that bees only check about 20 times on their update cycle to pollinate- meaning that with such a huge range (45x39x45 I think), I would have to plant a lot more trees or just wait even longer. I bumped it back down to average.

Wait - you are getting the bees to manually pollinate the leaves? Put some pollen filters in instead, and then just combine saplings and pollens in the mutatron to create the new tree species.[/quote]

Right- I'm doing that. The bees still need to be within range of the trees to get the pollen through the sieve upgrades. They are, and I'm not getting any pollen. Going to upgrade to longest life tomorrow when I get a chance.