Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, yes it would. But I already have 4 runes of sacrifice (That boost the sacrifice rate to, what, ~320 per chicken?) and I haven't even started on beekeeping. Plus, using yourself as sacrifice fodder...no offense, but I've had enough heartache getting just the magician's blood orb (The fact that I'm gonna need to create 3 more for a quest just makes things worse).
Plus, I only have 4 canisters/capsules, so only 14 hearts of health.

Yomammabe1

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, yes it would. But I already have 4 runes of sacrifice (That boost the sacrifice rate to, what, ~320 per chicken?) and I haven't even started on beekeeping. Plus, using yourself as sacrifice fodder...no offense, but I've had enough heartache getting just the magician's blood orb (The fact that I'm gonna need to create 3 more for a quest just makes things worse).

I just put a tier 1 altar at the base of a mob spawner room. Then I slowly pipe out the life essence into portable tanks to move it where I need it.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019

Regen and instant health potions? If you want to sacrifice, capture a few villagers and murder them mercely

Ps: i never said that!

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Regen and instant health potions? If you want to sacrifice, capture a few villagers and murder them mercely

Ps: i never said that!

This is the way I go about it, auto spawner sending me villagers to sacrifice, that'll teach em for lookin down their noses at me! :p

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
I guess that's the problem with me: I never do the simple, sensible, obvious thing. I always have to do it in a way that will cause me headaches. I think that, if I ever decide to try and play Dwarf Fortress, I'd fit in with the rest of the community just fine...

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed the existance of titanium TiCo parts, of course the book does not know them, do they have any features of note?

You can use a hopper under a block cast to empty it easily, is there any good way to get the spout to pour automatically, short of setting up the rednet?

I'm going to note, for those who are on flat platform P (if not other flat platform) Our nodes are NOT at 2 just above the void. They define the center of a cube around the start point.

One of my nodes is unstable, that means it's vis will not recover, right? Means one of my 6 vis types is limited and I'll have to sort out other sources?

Speaking of sources, what was that about a primal charm carried in invintory?

Just what is the use of giving you the infused ore block anyway? Wasn't the mechanic where a research table near the infused ore got points removed, or was that crystal clusters?
A redstone clock block from Extra Utilities can automate the spouts. You can use fluiducts instead of the spouts, which is much faster.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
The primal charm in the inventory will eventually unlock the primal focus research chain.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Limestone can be had by sifting. I think Rudite can be found in the nether.

Hard plastic is not attainable in AS.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I just did stage one of my improved cobble generator/siever.
301exbm.png
That's 64 igneous extruders, 65 itemducts, 64 pneumatic servos and (thankfully) one DSU. Now for stage two: Building the smelteries that will eventually process all the ores. While I'm doing that, I've noticed that I am almost out of string and I'm going to need 360 (20 sievers). Though I haven't checked my mob grinder yet, maybe that contains enough string. This is going to be a pain, making 9 smelteries. Yes, I'm still sticking with my 9 smelteries idea. Impractical? Yes. Dwarven? Oh yeah!

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So, I double checked amaranth saplings and they are indeed from Natura (or at least that's what WAILA says.) Anyone tried them in a multi-farm, or should I go the autonomous activator/harvester route to get the 166,667 needed for the quest?

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I'm done for today. While waiting for my grout to cook to bricks, I've started working on the pulverizers and the wiring. Things were going very well, in fact, but just as I was getting ready to finish today's session, I realized that I have a problem. Try to figure it out. (Hint: It involves the line of pulverizers one closer to me than the one my cursor is on).
zthpx4.png
(I'm gonna need a lot more itemducts...that's not the problem, that's easily solvable.)
Wait...I just noticed another problem, but this one's more easily solvable: I realized that my secondary outputs from my cobble-to-gravel pulverizers go straight into my gravel-to-sand pulverizers instead of my sand-to-dust ones. That one's easily solvable at least, extend the itemducts. Doesn't help with my main problem, though it shifts the problematic one one ahead.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, updated picture, as I didn't want to leave it so I would forget about it.
acpr2w.png
I moved the secondary output results one pulverizer forward. It also happened to solve the problem I had (Try to guess what it was still, based on the two pictures. Remember, the first one had a problem with the forward most pulverizers, now they don't.)

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
We still are mining stuff if only to demolish the base to remodel or move, or the rare raid in the nether. Even then, You don't need much when you have a pick with moss on it.

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Would it make better arrow heads then the alumite aloy? Nope, alumite is 1 heart stronger, and lighter. Still a shovel of this might be useful. oooh, a mattock.
Fast, now that makes it slightly tempting, as we're not mining anything now are we...
Only reason for getting titanium parts is simply because you can, and who doesn't like faster tools :p
Though getting said titanium is pain due to magnesium being really bleargh to make.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
RE: Sifting sand, and limestone.
  1. Whole quartz crystals (useful timesaver if you're going to sieve anyway)
  2. Sangereo Cacti (which look awesome)
  3. Limestone (which is awesome to build with)

So. . .purple dye. . . Are Bees the only efficient option?

Like the stuff from rose red? and blue dye?
-bonemeal+grass should give flowers, which I think can be pulverised to extract more dye.

Ah screw efficiency, bonemeal route is more fun to build than another auto-alveary anyway :D

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
So. . .purple dye. . . Are Bees the only efficient option?

Get a few initial purple dye. Then dye some sheep and breed them, rancher to shear them then pulverize the wool for a 5% chance of dye. Not quite as efficient as bees, but way better than bonemealing grass.