Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
I know its a month later but I've got 2 extruders feeding 60 crucibles supplying 35 mag dynamos with spare lava. The last couple of crucibles in the string are normally full of lava waiting to be used.
Now I don't need the Magma, I'm using Gunpowder from my mob farm to TNT Generators.

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Getting a big reactor turbine balanced without consulting any external resources is challenging. Can't really get a good idea of a reactor's best steam output without already having it matched to a good turbine.

There's no harm in building the steam provider too big, it seems to be a golden rule with big reactors, build 'em bigger than you need and gain in fuel efficiency by throttling the reactor with the fuel rods, rednet control is easy to set up too.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
If you set up a ME system, you will need a ton of quartz (from dust), the 16M cell needed for a quest alone needs nearly 9k quartz. ;)

Ah, I knew I'd forget something... But even so, the first few barrel upgrades are much cheaper than DSUs. A barrel with only one upgrade will hold over 8k, and the overflow could go into your ME system. For many of the sieved items (e.g. amber and quicksilver) I just set up a barrel with a void upgrade just to make sure they didn't flood my ME system when I got over 4k. Same goes for mob drops like arrows and gunpowder. It's nice to keep a bit around, but you'll get way more than you'll probably ever find a use for.

Crumbology

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I knew I'd forget something... But even so, the first few barrel upgrades are much cheaper than DSUs. A barrel with only one upgrade will hold over 8k, and the overflow could go into your ME system. For many of the sieved items (e.g. amber and quicksilver) I just set up a barrel with a void upgrade just to make sure they didn't flood my ME system when I got over 4k. Same goes for mob drops like arrows and gunpowder. It's nice to keep a bit around, but you'll get way more than you'll probably ever find a use for.
I'm a bit of a hoarder, so I use extra cells block storage for items you get stupid amounts of, 1k storage cell and a chest, not 100% sure but I think it's 500,000 of a single item in one of those. Unlike DSU's and barrels you don't need a storage bus for each item, so 10 of them are just one device in an AE drive saving on a fair bit of power if used for a lot of items.

Xtremekiwi

Jul 29, 2019
That list does not include the mod compatability items.
Dirt alone has all possible mana berries from thaumcraft in it... so it's slightly more complicated then that.
I'm only really interested in sieving gravel, sand and dust. If there are items that are not in the list, I would like to know of them so I don't get clogged up on items.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I'm only really interested in sieving gravel, sand and dust. If there are items that are not in the list, I would like to know of them so I don't get clogged up on items.
after a dozen stacks of each you will get all items that can be gotten from sieving, just isolate the overflow for a while and sort what lands in there

firas55556

Jul 29, 2019
Just add any type of chest with decent space inside and set the itemduct on top with dense mode on and check on it every few stacks of sieved materials until you have got all the types of drops you can get.
Later the same chest can be useful when you want special drops fro things other than gravel, sand and dust.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
*Jumps off island to make some changes to my wiring

*Casually hits space-bar to fly with my jet-pack

*Keeps falling

*Freaks out

*Slams the F key

*Jetpack turns on inches before the void

*Flys back up and kisses the clay

*Prays a prayer of thanks

lol I need to remember to turn on the only thing between me and the void more often. ;)

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
sand gives nothing that you cant get from dust and gravel ore wise.

Yup, the ancient spores are about the only thing worth getting from sand. Once you've got a few of those, you're better off just doing gravel and dust. Especially early on, you'll need all the redstone and diamonds you can get.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, the ancient spores are about the only thing worth getting from sand. Once you've got a few of those, you're better off just doing gravel and dust. Especially early on, you'll need all the redstone and diamonds you can get.

ancient, exotic and cactus seeds, when I've one of all 3, I immediatly stop sieving sand
I rather turn the sand into soul sand and sieve that, which I'm actually doing right now in my world

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
At the end of the day, setting up one of each is not that hard.
I personnaly got 2 gravel 1 sand 1 dust 1 soul sand (and 5 or 6 laser drill :3) and I am drowning in ressources

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
ancient, exotic and cactus seeds, when I've one of all 3, I immediately stop sieving sand
I rather turn the sand into soul sand and sieve that, which I'm actually doing right now in my world
you don't even need ancient spores once you have the sludge boiler

Reactions: cannajan

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Getting a big reactor turbine balanced without consulting any external resources is challenging. Can't really get a good idea of a reactor's best steam output without already having it matched to a good turbine.
For a reactor, I suggest using a 7x7x3 with nine rods and filled with liquid ender(cryotheum works too, but I noticed slightly better performance with enderium).
For the turbine, use a 11x11x16 with 8 coils of enderium blocks and the fill the rest of the rotors with blades(each four long) and run it between 1753-1953 Millibuckets of steam per tick. Nets roughly 21000 RF/t.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
The 16M unit can store 63 types and 68m items (with mixed types - or ~double that with a single type). Which means its more than capable of holding the cobble required to create an octuple compressed cobble.

Why would you store all your cobble uncompressed in your system? My system keeps 16k cobble stored and compresses everything above, so you can store all the cobble for octuple compressed cobble quest in a single 16k storage and not a 16m storage. ;)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you store all your cobble uncompressed in your system? My system keeps 16k cobble stored and compresses everything above, so you can store all the cobble for octuple compressed cobble quest in a single 16k storage and not a 16m storage. ;)
I use a deep storage unit.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Or, you know, a DSU.