Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Yea, but that won't last for 8-20 hours.

I think you can continuously eat any food for the well fed effect, so if you make a load of feast tier stuff... I think a stack would do for about 10 hours

Unless theres a potion effect for it- then just autobrew into a dispenser.

--Edit--

I'm hearing "skip sand" because there's nothing in it that can't be gotten from the other two, other then the spores (and once you get 3...) and you can make the certus quartz dust into crystal with crafting.

Depends if you like limestone.
(may be needed for certain metals?)

Jul 29, 2019
What Specs does that pick have in your inventory? o_O
Mining speed: 19
Head: Cobalt Binding: Manylylylyl Rod: same thing, mymandas stuff >.<
Redstone: 100/100
Auto-Smelt
Lapis: 450/450 (fortune 3)
Moss 1
Still 1 modifier left, dunno wat to get. Doesn't need more speed...

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I think you can continuously eat any food for the well fed effect, so if you make a load of feast tier stuff... I think a stack would do for about 10 hours

Unless theres a potion effect for it- then just autobrew into a dispenser.

--Edit--

Depends if you like limestone.
(may be needed for certain metals?)
feast level stuff can't be eaten continuously juice can

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I worked out to get Attuned Bees, they're a quest reward for the seed oil quest.

Does anyone have a good reactor/turbine setup? My current reactor is 7x7x5 and it has 15 fuel rods (3 tall, 5 pattern) surrounded by cyrotheum. It's producing about 7.5kRF/t and using about 0.100mB/t of fuel. I copied my world and tried stuffing with a turbine, but that design only produced about 360mb/t of steam, and looking at the reactor turbine spreadsheet, this won't produce the same amount of RF/t, let alone more, even if I'm using Enderium as a coil.
How are you getting the steam out? A reactor of that size should be able to put out far more steam.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing wrong. According to the config, laser pre-chargers take a maximum of 2,500 rf/t each. So 4 chargers = 10k rf/t. The book saying 5k rf per pre-charger is wrong.

Wow really? In which config is this setting, couldn't find it in the MFR common file

Jin

Jul 29, 2019
I had a single port out and I was using TE Ducts to pipe it. The 360mb/t was coming from the reactor control panel directly.

The fluiduct can only take that much, you need to add additional ducts or use AE.
However, the amount of water it takes to keep such a large reactor running at full speed is enormous. I think i had 16 aqueous accumulators running just to get those 360 mB/tick of steam.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
The fluiduct can only take that much, you need to add additional ducts or use AE.
However, the amount of water it takes to keep such a large reactor running at full speed is enormous. I think i had 16 aqueous accumulators running just to get those 360 mB/tick of steam.
use runnoff from the turbine...

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the Mariculture bees are just for fishing bait, or feeding your fish and are edible. They don't do anything :p That's what the fish are for.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Tesseracts works great as well. Just put them directly connected to the fluid port on both sides :) Do this for both steam from the reactor to the turbine and water from the turbine to the reactor. Works very well! Then you need very little water ongoing to keep going (if any?)

I have a reactor that is one height smaller than yours and It puts out a ton of steam. not sure how much since I haven't maxed it out. Just keep adding turbines. I have 2 connected to it so far and working on the materials for a third, but each turbine is HUGE (11x11x16). Setup to run optimally at 900rpm's and around 22kRF/t using 1900 steam/t each :)

I used Bevo's video as inspiration and to see the benefit of tesseracts :)

Reactions: Bevo

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I am finally, finally thinking of remaking my automated pulverizing/sifting. I'm thinking of making it 3-level, top level pulverizers only cobble and sifts gravel, second level pulverized cobble and gravel, sand's sifted and third level pulverized to dust. Then everything gets sent to appropriate barrels, with the exception or ores which get sent straight into one of 9 smelteries (Still not bothering with a high oven). To that extent, though, I'd like a bit of a list: What items can be gotten from sifting gravel, sand and dust? So I know how many barrels I'm gonna need total. (I'm thinking of 10 pulverizers for each stage, total of 60 pulverizers and 20 automatons for each level for a total of 60 as well. It's gonna require a lot of energy and I haven't made a big reactor yet, not counting the resources needed to make everything, including ~100 igneous extruders).
I couldn't see if this was actually answered

So here's an answer for you
http://ex-nihilo-minecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Sieved_Items

Even comes with chances so you know the proportions of each

mike spy

Jul 29, 2019
having trouble getting vines on this map. planted 7 jungle trees in a jungle biome and no such lucky, or am i derping on vanilla?

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Is the height bonus for the MFR laser drill still active?

Wanted to activate my first one but remembered in some old versions if you put it at 128+ it was cheaper but on the FTB wiki this isn't mentioned.
Gee, try to be helpful, and make people realize just how ignorant I actually am :).

Also, I thought it was Pam's cotton, not Natura's cotton. But in fairness, I've only seen those two together in MF2 or similar.

===

Octuple cobble? ... And you did it?

And the reward is a damaged pick?!?[DOUBLEPOST=1399829169][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, an AFK survival question: Is there any way to automatically feed you from storage in this pack?

Since a chunk loader only runs if you are logged on, I may as well be logged on and load an 8 chunk radius naturally, right? Ok, so if I'm going to be on overnight, and running my machines, I need to pay hunger overhaul, right? So since I'm afk, I need something to auto-feed me, right?

So ...what do I want for this?
No, not damaged. Charged. Its a Flux Pick from Redstone Arsenal. Its fully charged.